The Basic Links For Patients & Caregivers

image19635.jpeg

The Basic Links For Patients and Caregivers

There's so much information on site about using cannabis medicinally that it can be overwhelming. It might be helpful to have a small list of links to threads that will move you more quickly past confusion and onto a healing path. Once you have your feet under you and can breathe freely again we can, as a team, help you find more information to meet your needs. The site has a wealth of members willing to try to find trustworthy answers to the questions we'll encourage you to ask.

Cannabinoid therapies are new to everyone. We're all learning together. Put our heads together and we make discoveries and share methods. We also hold onto each other when things get hairy. Our strength is in our numbers, our curious nature, and the love we share with each other. We know this plant heals and we can't stay quiet about it.

You've grown the plant or secured your plant material. You've processed it into oil or purchased oil for dosing purposes. Now what do you do with it? There are some threads that walk you through the process from oil to the healing path.

If you need to produce oils, there are threads to help you with that as well.

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Fresh Harvest Infused Cannabis Oil

The assumption is that you're searching this thread because you intend to treat some illness with your oils. If you're treating cancer it's recommended you read CajunCelt's thread. The first 5-10 pages are packed full of basic information. There are members who make it a practice to be available for questions on the current page. We're going to encourage you to ask a lot of questions.

A Base Treatment Regimen for Cancer

My study hall is a good place to stop and ask about anything else. We'll encourage you to ask a multitude of questions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall

Now we're down to dosing and administration. Start with an understanding of dosing basics.

Cannabis Dosing - Delivery Methods and Dosing Guidelines

Move on to practical information on dosing. Tacking is a method of placing small bits of CCO on the gums to absorb through the oral mucosa. It offers a pathway into the system that has little if any overwhelming euphoria to contend with. Tim created an excellent resource on tacking before he passed away.

Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial - Tacking Method

The best route for serious treatment will be with suppositories. We've taken to using capsules for suppositories. They transport easily and are easy to administer, once you get past the aversion. Through the gut you're lucky to get 35% of the initial dose out there into the system, unless you use BioBombs, but use BioBombs or capsules made with a potent infused oil as suppositories and you increase the bioavailability to around 80%. Kingston Rabbi has a thread demonstrating how easy this route is.

How to take a CCO capsule suppository

When you have CCO you can dramatically increase the bioavailibility by turning it into powerful capsules.

BioBombs: Cannabis Oil With A Kick

Magnus8 brought together a group of members focused on developing recipes for better topicals.

Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

Cannafan has an excellent gathering of canna cooks to share information on edibles.

The Cannabis Kitchen - Cooking With Cannabis

There are numerous threads on treatment of different disease in the medical threads. Pain is a common element, so a couple links to ways to manage pain with cannabis will be helpful.

Cannabis vs Chronic Pain And Neuropathic Pain

The Best Strains Of Marijuana For Pain Relief

And a couple other threads that deal with particular issues that arise frequently.

Using Cannabis To Reduce Or Replace Opiod Drugs

Cannabis For PTSD: A neurobiological approach to treatment

Alzheimer's Disease - Preventing & Halting Progression With Ultra Small Doses

Anyone, whether they use cannabis or not, will benefit from taking some simple steps to support your endocannabinoid system.

Supporting Your ECS Without Cannabis

A good starting point. Our intent is that you reach a level of confidence that has you moving forward to allow natural healing to commence. The interplay of cannabis and the human body is a glorious dance of joy and healing. The system runs best in joyful mode, and around here we know a thing or two about joy, and a good part of ours is helping you find relief and that breathing space that says "Yes, I can do this."

Use the links. Ask lots of questions. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

Today is my First day at school............

Well I hope you enjoy learning CelticInfidel, because we certainly have the resources to share and the desire to engage you in the wonder of discovery.

:welcome: to our happy paradise. What can we help you learn about? Will you be growing? Have you any experience with cannabinoid therapies?

Today is my First day at school............

Thank you, Sue. I just found your reply. I made some CCO a couple of years ago when I visited Denver. I used an oz of MMJ and a quart of Everclear. Not sure what I ended up with. I have a great deal to learn but I'm greatly encouraged after finding your Thread and reading it for a couple of these COLD days.
MMJ will be on the ballet in November with a good chance of passing. (our state really needs the money) I intend to buy a grower's license and combine it with indoor aquaponics to grow MMJ and to also manufacture a CCO to market. I am grateful for any and all advice and counsel I can get on any aspect of my endeavor.

Thank you, Sue. I just found your reply. I made some CCO a couple of years ago when I visited Denver. I used an oz of MMJ and a quart of Everclear. Not sure what I ended up with. I have a great deal to learn but I'm greatly encouraged after finding your Thread and reading it for a couple of these COLD days.
MMJ will be on the ballet in November with a good chance of passing. (our state really needs the money) I intend to buy a grower's license and combine it with indoor aquaponics to grow MMJ and to also manufacture a CCO to market. I am grateful for any and all advice and counsel I can get on any aspect of my endeavor.

There are any number of threads that will satisfy your curious nature on such an adventure my new Celtic friend. May I ask, what state?

The best thread we have on making CCO is Tim's. The link is up there. My Study Hall has other options for smaller batches, but the more I learn the more I see why CajunCelt stuck with the method he and Tim came up with. It's beautifully elegant and effective. I found it .....intimidating the first time. After that I couldn't get enough of it. I'm getting ready to do a run with some Blue Dream, and I might use that with an infused run to start the new oil recipe thread.

Sorry... got sidetracked. If you don't find what you're looking for I may be able to help you zero in on more appropriate selections. I'm easy to find. Have fun getting to know the members. And best of luck getting your enterprise off to a successful launch.

Entrepreneurship...baptism by fire, but some of the most rewarding moments you can hope to have making money flow into your experience. Have fun with it. Life is meant to be fun. See you around. :battingeyelashes:

Oh yes...Happy New Year! :party:

I live in rural Oklahoma. Thank you for the welcomeness you have shown me and for the info on CCO.

May the new year ahead bring you much Health and Happiness, Sue

And you as well CelticInfidel. Interesting username. Someday maybe you'll share the story behind it.

Oklahoma could use a break. I wish you all the best. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other around these parts. I'm everywhere you turn in the med threads. :laughtwo: Ask anything. We're an accommodating crew. :hug:

I am brand new to this site and communicating with others on the subject. Let me first say, it brings tears to my eyes to know there is a place to come to that a person can get info and help on understanding a subject that is so hard TO understand. If that makes any sense. So THANK YOU to all who make this happen. I dont use or grow anymore, its been a long time, but there have been many persons I know who have the illness of cancer that need help and I would like to be able to do that. If it was me, I could only hope someone would want to help me. So with all that being said I look forward to coming here and getting the answers, or the experiences,or both to the questions I might have. YAY!! (I also wanted to saythat it was a post by 420Motoco that caught my eye and I dont know if SweetSue is related-but it is bacause you guys cared enough to share that I felt welcome enough to join. Thank You

Hi Sue, I just read the How to make CCO tutorial by Motoco; I notice that he has not been around for a couple of years, which is why I'm writing to you.

Coupla questions:

1. Doesn't the decarb process begin or occur during the rice cooker evaporation of the ethanol?? I know that ethanol boils at 171 degrees, but surely decaroxylation is taking place.

2. Since canna-technology is evolving right alongside our ever-increasing data bases and knowledge about cannabis, my question is this: Can I simply decarb the bud first in the Ardent Nova/Lift, do the quick wash following the instructions and evaporate the ethanol with a fan, liquid in a baking dish covered with cheesecloth, with open window?

I've made oil twice this way, and I'm wondering if there are any differences between my CCO and Motoco's?

I know it’s been a year since this post was active but @SweetSue have you heard of anyone talking of any Cannabis treatments for people with autoimmune disease? Multiple scleritis to be exact, my girlfriend suffers from it and we would love to find a way to get her off steroids and every 2 weeks she has to inject herself with another medicine and this stuff is merely keeping her disease at bay, not treating it and her quality of life has diminished greatly since being diagnosed with MANY frequent doctors appointments, it has been overwhelming to both of us to say the least. Her current treatment is a form of chemotherapy and it shows from the hair loss she’s been experiencing and at only 24 years old I feel there’s a better treatment out there for her that we haven’t found yet. I’m just stumbling across this section of the site myself as I’ve always been wandering around the growers lounge and FAQ’s section but I’m going to be doing more research on this part of the site because I’d love to be able to find some kind of treatment for her disease and I’m also going to work on something for my mother as well who currently has stage 4 cancer. And I have to give a shout to @Teddy Edwards for steering me in the direction to find this post, more and more each month I’m glad I became part of this loving community

Camaro, :welcome:

This is more of a reference thread, so activity is sporadic. Most members stop me in other threads. :laughtwo:

So.... I’m gonna assume you’re speaking of MS, Multiple sclerosis, and yes, Cannabis is an excellent choice as an alternative treatment. It’s one of the few disease states the physicians all agree can be successfully treated with cannabis.

Let me do some quick research for you and see what type of regimen might be most appropriate for her. For now, the best place to engage community members to help might be at my cannabis oil study hall.

Please, go to the current page. The study hall is a brainstorming session without end, and you’ll get lost in the pages trying to read through. The team that watches the room is more than equipped to help us out. There’s a wealth of information on the older pages, but it’s all pretty disorganized. Lol!

Ok.... MS is definitely treatable, and you’ll be looking for chemovars (strains) with higher CBD ratios to counter the inflammatory response. Isolates exist that can be used to create the ratios in the balance you’ll need, once we work that part out.

ASAP, you want your gf to be taking some type of cannabis medicine 30 minutes before all those chemo treatments they’re giving her. The chemo treatments attack the proliferation cells to slow progress of the disease, but unfortunately, hair follicles are the same type of cells. A nice even ratio of CBD:THC can spare her most of the hair loss, and will protect her healthy cells from the chemicals they’re putting into her.

Single molecule medicine comes with some confusing side effects, eh? Like a woman’s gonna be happy losing her tresses and waltzing in and out of doctor’s offices every other day. :straightface: Not to worry, you’re headed down a much more productive path.

Cannabis and chemo-type drugs are showing a propensity of being more potent together than any are alone. Good news. :battingeyelashes:

Stage 4 cancer is a totally different picture. Wow! You have your hands full, don’t you? :hug:

We maintain a thread on treating cancer with cannabis, and that’s where I’m gonna send you. Follow the link above. I’m sure you know which one. Read the first two pages please, and then jump right to present day and we can begin working.

THC causes cancer cells to commit suicide for the good of the community, without hurting healthy cells. CBD cuts off the ability of tumor cells to grow more blood vessels, effectively starving them into oblivion. THC works faster, but they both work best in synergy. We have methods to take your cannabis medicine and make it more bioavailable, giving you better therapeutic effects with less plant material. It’s a win/win situation.

Suppositories are part of the suggested therapy. There’s no better way to get a high enough cannabinoid load into the body system without the concerns of overwhelming euphoria.

You have your work cut out for you, and you’ll be in study mode a bit. When you get to the study hall we can speak of particulars like what cannabis you have available.

Don’t worry about where to start, follow your gut. There’s a tendency to feel like you don’t have enough time. I assure you, we’re creatures of eternity. There’s always more time. :hug:

Find a copy of Kelly Turner’s Radical Remission. Have your mother read it first, then your gf, and finally you. It’s an easy read, and upon completion you’ll be more convinced that we were evolved to spontaneously heal, and believing that makes our work going forward all the more pleasant. :hug:

Hey.... I totally missed this, and it’s been almost a year! :rolleyes:

My apologies. To answer your questions, yes, some decarb is always going on, even with a stored bud. THCA in particular is an unstable molecule, aggressively trying to toss off the carboxyl groups and become THC. We assume the same is going on with CBD.

If you’re looking for complete decarb watching the bubbles is your best bet, but then a complete decarb is nearly impossible, so I stopped beating myself over it and decided a diverse collection of cannabinoids made more interesting medicine. :laughtwo:

The Nova is an excellent machine, isn’t it? Someday I’ll get one of my own. Lol!

There’s no difference between the oil you produce with your methods and what Motoco produced with his. There are many ways to skin a canna cat and still end up with essential oils and cannabinoids. I use a method very similar to what you describe to make my own CCO.

Again, sorry I overlooked this for so long. :hug: Motoco passed away suddenly and unexpectedly a couple years back. :circle-of-love:

Camero, :welcome:

This is more of a reference thread, so activity is sporadic. Most members stop me in other threads. :laughtwo:

So.... I’m gonna assume you’re speaking of MS, Multiple sclerosis, and yes, Cannabis is an excellent choice as an alternative treatment. It’s one of the few disease states the physicians all agree can be successfully treated with cannabis.

Let me do some quick research for you and see what type of regimen might be most appropriate for her. For now, the best place to engage community members to help might be at my cannabis oil study hall.

Please, go to the current page. The study hall is a brainstorming session without end, and you’ll get lost in the pages trying to read through. The team that watches the room is more than equipped to help us out. There’s a wealth of information on the older pages, but it’s all pretty disorganized. Lol!

Ok.... MS is definitely treatable, and you’ll be looking for chemovars (strains) with higher CBD ratios to counter the inflammatory response. Isolates exist that can be used to create the ratios in the balance you’ll need, once we work that part out.

ASAP, you want your gf to be taking some type of cannabis medicine 30 minutes before all those chemo treatments they’re giving her. The chemo treatments attack the proliferation cells to slow progress of the disease, but unfortunately, hair follicles are the same type of cells. A nice even ratio of CBD:THC can spare her most of the hair loss, and will protect her healthy cells from the chemicals they’re putting into her.

Single molecule medicine comes with some confusing side effects, eh? Like a woman’s gonna be happy losing her tresses and waltzing in and out of doctor’s offices every other day. :straightface: Not to worry, you’re headed down a much more productive path.

Cannabis and chemo-type drugs are showing a propensity of being more potent together than any are alone. Good news. :battingeyelashes:

Stage 4 cancer is a totally differ my picture. Wow! You have your hands full, don’t you? :hug:

We maintain a thread on treating cancer with cannabis, and that’s where I’m gonna send you. Follow the link above. I’m sure you know which one. Read the first two pages please, and then jump right to present day and we can begin working.

THC causes cancer cells to commit suicide for the good of the community, without hurting healthy cells. CBD cuts off the ability of tumor cells to grow more blood vessels, effectively starving them into oblivion. THC works faster, but they both work best in synergy. We have methods to take your cannabis medicine and make it more bioavailable, giving you better therapeutic effects with less plant material. It’s a win/win situation.

Suppositories are part of the suggested therapy. There’s no better way to get a high enough cannabinoids load into the body system without the concerns of overwhelming euphoria.

You have your work cut out for you, and you’ll be in study mode a bit. When you get to the study hall we can speak of particulars like what cannabis you have available.

Don’t worry about where to start, follow your gut. There’s a tendency to feel like you don’t have enough time. I assure you, we’re creatures of eternity. There’s always more time. :hug:

Find a copy of Kelly Turner’s Radical Remission. Have your mother read it first, then your gf, and finally you. It’s an easy read, and upon completion you’ll be more convinced that we were evolved to spontaneously heal, and believing that makes our work going forward all the more pleasant. :hug:
Thank you for your reply soo quickly and I have to say a lot of people do think your talking of MS, but her condition doesn’t effect her in ways MS patients are, her eye doctor is an AI (autoimmune) specalist as well who travels worldwide to study (we lucked out finding this guy) and he specified it as Scleritis, it effects her eyes in a manner that is very painful to the point when she’s flaring and doesn’t have steroids she literally wants to rip her eyeball out of her head which as the spouse to watch without being able to do anything, leaves quite the helpless feeling and it’s horrible. And yes to say we have our hands full is an understatement as she is a stay at home mom with our twin boys while I work, lots of credit to her because there’s days that she has it pretty rough

She sounds like a strong woman with a tremendous desire to heal. This works in her favor. You can read the book to her. :hug:

I stand corrected, and will get busy looking around. I’ve been studying the ECS for the past couple years and maybe there’s something that’ll click. I’ll track you down at the study hall later today. :ciao:

re: The Basic Links For Patients & Caregivers

I'll be here watching Sue
Sue I want to start using cco for copd. My question for you is can you explain the difference in coconut oil, flax seed oil, and lecithin? If flax seed oil makes the cco much stronger why would we not us it. I learned to make cco years ago and discovered coconut oil I believe before anyone else. Was scared to share as this is illegal in my state and was quite a while ago. I am very interested in the medicinal side of cco. Plan to start treatment for me and my wife soon. Thank You for your help.

Back
Top Bottom