Do You Have Schizophrenia?

Do you have schizophrenia? Possibly with night terrors, panic/anxiety attacks, and sometimes visual and/or aural hallucinations? Racing thoughts, extreme mood swings from "top of the world" when you're setting extremely unrealistic goals to "bottom of the ditch" when you realize that the goals are unreachable and your world has come crashing down around you?

If so, what strain(s) work best for you? And did any strains either make your symptoms worse or cause other problems?

Thanks in advance!

I have read lists of symtoms less extreme than yours. More general application IMO. Docs have accused me, but only once each.

Actually, the conditions are not my own - they are someone's who is far more important to me. Which only makes it harder, for I would trade "conditions" with her in a heartbeat if it worked like that.

Sativa makes me squirrellier. Old school Pakistan Indica is better, and salves my old achy meat and bones. Like a comfy blanket.

That's been my general thinking in the past, but it seems to not be 100% applicable in this case. As I've said about many things, "One size fits all..." usually doesn't. I have tentatively come to the conclusion that a number of different strains is called for. Something to help her find peace when she goes to sleep - hopefully without the "morning after" affects that some have been known to leave us with. Some kind of hybrid or perhaps a mixture for the anxiety/panic attacks that will help provide calm without blunting one's mental faculties, and perhaps a pure (or close to it) sativa such as a landrace Thai or the like for its potential positive affects on the mind. I have had some experiences in the past that have led me to believe that much of the negative affects that people have had with sativas had much to do with the fact that they were probably harvested before they were completely mature.

If only the best of the best of the 100% pure landrace sativas didn't take the better part of a YEAR to completely take from baby to end result.

If only they weren't disappearing as fast as they flower slow, if only their genetics weren't being p*ssed away by so many breeders in the search for a marketable product. I enjoy a good indica as much as the next person, but it is not the medicine for all conditions. I applaud the breeders who do offer some of the older landrace strains - I certainly don't expect that they are big sellers for them. I wish I could go back in time 40 years or so and travel the globe, filling my medicine bag along the way. There were so many strains - both sativa, indica, chinensis, and quite possibly other varieties that have disappeared completely - that have been lost, either in the search for a more "potent" or productive crop or simply through unintentional pollution of their genes by nearby strains that my heart weeps. I have even contemplated the idea of trying to lay my hands on (pure) ruderallis(sp?) and some industrial hemp strains; after all, there are a lot more ingredients in the Compleat Cannabis (lol) than just THC.

I realize that in this as in many conditions of the mind, specific best strains are going to be different from one person to the next, but I'm hoping for a few potential starting points. I am working alone in an unfriendly place and my resources are next to nonexistent. I fear that I will ultimately fail in this, my most important quest.

But one must try, for to simply give up is to die - within, if not without.

I don't know which me you were asking, but all of us prefer Sativa dominant and we all get along much better with each other. I like to know who is talking to me.

Uhh... Schizophrenia and Multiple Personality Disorder are NOT the same thing (although a person might have both afflictions).

Soul,
I am a 21st centuy schizoid man and I smoke on a daily basis to help with my sometimes weird and racing thoughts. I usually only smoke at night and not very much (a few hits) and it helps calm me down and sleep.
Since I have ad the ect treatments I no longer use any pshyc meds but I was smoking on a daily basis back then. It does help me tremendously.

Good luck and peace to all.

PS. Not in the mountains anymore... bummer...

Do you have schizophrenia? Possibly with night terrors, panic/anxiety attacks, and sometimes visual and/or aural hallucinations? Racing thoughts, extreme mood swings from "top of the world" when you're setting extremely unrealistic goals to "bottom of the ditch" when you realize that the goals are unreachable and your world has come crashing down around you?

If so, what strain(s) work best for you? And did any strains either make your symptoms worse or cause other problems?

Thanks in advance!

I feel like that very frequently. In fact, right now I'm taking Lithium and it really helps. As far as which strains of MJ will help-I don't know. I can't grow my own for fear of persecution so when I do smoke, which is rare these days, it usually comes from a friend of a friend who grows Sensi. Where I live, MJ is ridiculously expensive, and because I'm among the disparaging poor, I can rarely afford it.

Thanks in advance!

Schizophrenia Is My Worry
Hav Been Through These Symtoms.:smokin:

Hello,

You're gonna want to get the Sour Tsunami strain..

Info on CBD
Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, as well as inhibit cancer cell growth. Recent studies have shown cannabidiol to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in treating schizophrenia.

Cannabidiol - Wikipedia

I think high CBD weed is the next thing in medical marijuana..

Interesting as I didn't realize that the symptoms of schizophrenia are a lot like bipolar?

This is an older thread but....

Schizophrenia and Bipolar disorder do have several overlapping symptoms. These two conditions are often mistaken for each other because of the similarity in symptoms. However, the treatment for the separate disorders is very different and that's why it's so important to rule one of them out.

To the OP:
With regard to strains and mental illness--trial and error. Be very diligent in documenting positive and negative effects of MJ in order to make finding the right one for her more easy. What you need to be aware of is that, even though (for example) sativa dominant strains can relieve anxiety, sometimes it can cause anxiety.

If you read this post, please give an update about your friend. This is a very interesting topic.

Back
Top Bottom