Bi-Polar Disorder among many others - CBD & THC

Chobble

I am a patient living in California, I do not know If I would be alive to write this story today but I have always felt like I needed too. Through-out my childhood I had always experienced rapid mood swings a time of great highs and a time of lows. Even as a small child around the age of seven or eight I remember wanting to end my life. While I never said any thing and If I did was not taken seriously and I never received help. Until I was about Sixteen when I really began smoking pot and saw the difference it made in my behavior. Along with my Bi-Polar Disorder I was just constantly mad at the world, for no reason other then trumped up thoughts fueled by my anxiety.

Later afterwards I did some research and came about with the diagnosis that I may be Bi-polar. I later told my parents and told them there was little information about Cannabis and MMJ but that I would like to get a card anyways and attempt to treat my symptoms that way. Surely enough instead they contacted there friendly family therapist who said that a lot of kids had been making this story up to try and get pot cards. She recommended I come in for an evaluation and so I did, not knowing what she had told my parents of course.

Two Months of Therapy went by, a hunt for a Shrink that would accept my insurance raged. The closest one was an hours drive and even then we weren't sure about the doctor. (Mind you I live in the bay area...)

I slipped into a dip depressive state like I did but this time it was fueled by the crashing and burning of hope for help. On a Wednesday afternoon I was going to go to my appointment like I always did, Talk for an hour like I always did, and then end my life a block over from the cliff 150 feet from the beach and parking area below. My Therapist knew something was wrong and had come to look for me after I left her office, she found me walking towards the cliff, teary eyed and all. At the time I had thought it was the true answer, I had thought that ending my life was truly the thing to do.

As you can tell, I did not end my life that day. I'm still alive and kicking, and I have a lot to say. After that I ended up in a hospital where I would be treated for a month, Most patients leaving after only three days. While in the hospital I tried over Thirty types of drugs, all with very Negative effects. When they believe to have me on a suitable cocktail my Kidneys started to act up (It wasn't because I was on seven medications, they would never do that). A month later I began having the shakes from my medication and slipped back into a deep depression, even with the drugs.

After that I was put into an IOP (Intensive out patient program) Where you come all day they do things with you and you go home at night. Anyways, Luckily for me they had recently merged the Mental Health Services with Drug Rehabilitation, So Smoking pot was still out of the question unless I wanted to drive three hours for another program...(Mind you I still did not have a psychiatrist and this was my only access to one). I was actively drug tested and told I would be removed from the program if a positive test was returned.

My Doctor at that program recommended "The Pot Book" to me when I asked him about Medical Marijauna. He had also just recommended Electro-Shock therapy to me and was happy to say the now offered it in the building...

I went out and got this book and by god it was the best decision of my life. The Knowledge packed into that one book about our plant is ridiculous. In my second read through I found a small section about how CBD was being linked to have the same effects as Mood Stabilizers and SSRI's. I said well shit, Im on Mood Stabilizers and SSRI's and THC is good for my anxiety, so lets try this. I started smoking pot again when I left the program, I instantly was off my Anti-Anxiety drugs (Which was a very good thing because I was developing an addiction to them, Along with my ambien that made me black out and take more.)

I now smoke about a gram a day and take three drops of a CBD tincture I buy at a local collective. My Symptoms are gone, the horrible Side effects I once felt are gone. If you are a person looking to get off your meds, Try Cannabis. Use CBD.

Re: Bi-Polar Disorder among many others..[CBD & THC]

Hey Chobble I'm very interested in your story as I too have bipolar disorder and enjoy smoking pot but I do not enjoy taking Abilify or Lithium. I would love to get to try taking a CBD tincture instead of my nightly dose of bipolar drugs Abilify and Lithium. I actually just bought a tincture of CBD. I don't know if you're still active but I'm curious as to how you have been doing using only Cannabis?

Hey Chobble I'm very interested in your story as I too have bipolar disorder and enjoy smoking pot but I do not enjoy taking Abilify or Lithium. I would love to get to try taking a CBD tincture instead of my nightly dose of bipolar drugs Abilify and Lithium. I actually just bought a tincture of CBD. I don't know if you're still active but I'm curious as to how you have been doing using only Cannabis?

You might want to talk to 420Motoco. I believe he has had patients with bi-polar disorder, and he uses concentrated Cannabis oil, opposed to tincture, to treat it, and has had great success. He will likely drop in here as soon as he sees the new post :)

So @ Antics it can be done! Treating bi-polar disease with concentrated Cannabis oil! This is my dream to be off my harmful meds and replace them with Cannabis extract (oil).

So @ Antics it can be done! Treating bi-polar disease with concentrated Cannabis oil! This is my dream to be off my harmful meds and replace them with Cannabis extract (oil).

Dreams come true :) Here's a forum SPECIFIC for bi-polar disorder: Bipolar Disorder
Inside you'll find a handful of topics all regarding the use of Cannabis to treat Bi-polar Disorder.

And NOBODY likes taking harmful pharmaceuticals! The list of side effects are often longer than the list of things the drug treats. Most pharmaceuticals, if not all, are developed with profit in mind. I honestly don't think they care about the people using them.

I wish you luck using the oil! I'm actually making a batch this week to help a patient with Fibromyalgia and Arthritis. And I can't even tell you how exciting it is to be able to help people, and not need a medical degree to prescribe poisons.

You should hang around the forum more, there's a lot of interesting stories about all the people using it to treat all sorts of ailments, and we'd all absolutely love if you could share your story with us once you see positive results after using the oil!

EDIT: And if you happen to have any other ailments, there's a list of them here: Medical Marijuana Scientific Data And you may be able to help more than one ailment for yourself, or you may know someone with one of those ailments, who can benefit from using the oil.

There is a whole forum on Bi-polar disorder and Cannabis use!? That is awesome! I have got to check that out!

LOL Yes. In the first sentence above, I provided the link at the end. On my monitor it's hard to tell the difference between a link and normal text, but the words at the end "Bipolar Disorder" is the link.

It's not a massive forum, but its a collection that is slowly growing :) The information expands all the time when folks like you share their success stories in treating different ailments.

I will definitely share my results in using concentrated CBD oil and the occasional weekend toking session. Hopefully I can get a nice benefit from marijuana/cannabinoids/THC/CBD/CBDa. The hard part now is finding a doctor who is cool with me going from Lithium and Abilify to CBD oil and some occasional pot smoking.

I am on a cocktail of meds for BiPolar also. Although I feel no side effects, I don't know if it is working either. My therapist told me I would feel better when they were working, But I don't always feel better. I am on a leave of absence right now because work was causing my symptoms to worsen. I need to get back to work but every time I try, Same issues arise. I almost feel like I have been given sugar pills.... I am too afraid to ask my psychiatrist for a medical MJ recommendation out of fear she will think I just want to get high and not take my symptoms seriously and help me find the correct medication to help me get back to work and live a semi normal life. I cant smoke and work all day, so I am looking for answers still.

I'm hoping to find some relief from a CBD concentrate oil that is THC free (contains trace amounts). This would be ideal for me to take if I'm having a rough day and have to go to work later in the day.

I'm hoping to find some relief from a CBD concentrate oil that is THC free (contains trace amounts). This would be ideal for me to take if I'm having a rough day and have to go to work later in the day.

I hear charoletts web is perfect for what you are seeking. Wont get you high, but gives the benefits of CBD. I couldn't find seeds though.

am too afraid to ask my psychiatrist for a medical MJ recommendation out of fear she will think I just want to get high and not take my symptoms seriously

Are you in a legal state?? if so,find a new DR-REMEMBER,the Dr's work for YOU.Dont be bullied if you dont have too

When you dose correctly, you actually won't feel any high effects, even if the strain has THC in it.
Here are some links how to make the oil, and how to dose correctly with it:
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Back
Top Bottom