PTSD treatment

smajors91

My son has PTSD caused from sexual abuse. We started him in therapy but i have been told marijuana could help him with mood swings,anger,dis-association and sleeping. Is this true? I would rather use marijuana over prescription meds if it is. I dont know much about any of this so im trying to research and do whats best for him....any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I do not have PTSD but there have been studies in USA - treated war veterans who suffer from PTSD with cannabis. It helps - no night terrors or recurring nightmares, blocks bad memories. Definitely worth giving a try, just do consult with a doc.

I'm 100% positive it will work better than those 12 prescriptions you've got going now.

My son has PTSD caused from sexual abuse. We started him in therapy but i have been told marijuana could help him with mood swings,anger,dis-association and sleeping. Is this true? I would rather use marijuana over prescription meds if it is. I dont know much about any of this so im trying to research and do whats best for him....any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a thread dedicated to PTSD and cannabis.

Cannabis For PTSD: A neurobiological approach to treatment

Cannabis treats all seven clusters PTSD presents. It may be the best drug available for PTSD. I wish you peaceful healing. :hug: :love:

This is really awesome SweetSue. I know my buddy Pigeons420 thinks highly of you. I have not been diagnosed with ptsd, however I do enjoy coming home at the end of the day and taking at least one puff to relax. I just got out of the military recently.

This is really awesome SweetSue. I know my buddy Pigeons420 thinks highly of you. I have not been diagnosed with ptsd, however I do enjoy coming home at the end of the day and taking at least one puff to relax. I just got out of the military recently.

I think highly of Pigeons too :battingeyelashes: :love: May you evenings be a time of blissful relaxation. How are you adjusting to civilian life?

Hello,

I do not have PTSD but there have been studies in USA - treated war veterans who suffer from PTSD with cannabis. It helps - no night terrors or recurring nightmares, blocks bad memories. Definitely worth giving a try, just do consult with a doc.

I'm 100% positive it will work better than those 12 prescriptions you've got going now.
I ditched all my rx the VA makes me take, they only mask the effects of ptsd, anxiety, panic, and not very well, also create more issues with side effects. No thank you, I will let mother earth heal me. I can honestly say, since going 100% green, my life, and my families life has improved tremendously.

1st Ever Grow - LED - White Widow Auto

It's hard to know what strain will work for a person- everyone finds their favourites over time. A basic split is between sativas and indicas- the two main cannabis types. I wouldn't be the one to give an unbiased overview of the differences- but I can describe them from my own point of view, and relate it back to treating PTSD symptoms.
Like about 85 percent of Americans, and I'm Canadian but it's probably somewhat similar here, the PTSD I've supposedly got isn't from military service. And like most sufferers, I'm not a card carrying PTSD patient- partly because whenever the doctors figured it out and started talking about it they immediately moved on to the subject of antidepressants- and then I moved on out of their office cause I've got no interest in going on that stuff.

Indicas and indica heavy crosses are the most common (I'm guessing/assuming) weed available in most of the western world. Sativas became extremely rare, basically non existent for a while, but are more accessible again now.
Indica for me kind of takes me on a ride- and it's definitely not all a good ride. Paranoia can be extreme sometimes. Even in the best case scenario indicas make me feel vaguely uncomfortable- looking over my shoulder and second guessing my thoughts, words and actions. So that's not good... If I'm feeling depressed and stressed out already, which I usually am ;), indica smoke only enhances the negative feelings- and can totally blow things out of proportion and cause huge stress and pain.
Other issues I have with it are- forgetfulness, social anxiety, cloudiness, munchies, and a general loss of mental control leading to an all around dip in the self esteem levels.
It's not that indicas are all bad for me- they can bring some great creative thoughts and insights. But the bad outweighs the good for the most part, and it's not something I can smoke except in the safest of situations.

Sativas are what really work for me. I can get high as a kite on sativas and don't feel that nagging feeling of fear. I can function great, and multitask, work and think totally clearly. I can handle the social stuff. I don't get munchies, and I don't wake up the next day feeling at all cloudy. Sativas tend to have an uplifting functional psychedelic buzz to them.
At the end of a day or night smoking sativa I feel an overall clear net gain- it just totally helps me with no downside. Indicas were always a mixed bag and a struggle- ending in an inevitable net loss (as I gorged on somehing or other at 5am- feeling hungry and cloudy- and like I'd forgotten whatever revelations I'd had earlier. Lol)

There's quite a lot of variety within the different sativa strains I've grown and smoked. Some can make me too hyper and busy feeling. So far- out of the sativas I've tried- my favourite at this point is Golden Tiger by Ace seeds. That stuff just brings a smile to my face and make me feel happier no matter what is going on at the time. Malawi is another strain I really like- along with Thai bud. But everything else has been sitting on the shelf since I got the GT.

Other people feel totally differently and just love that indica high. So it's hard to reccomend a strain to people unless you already have a sense of what they like.
Good luck. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom