Panic attacks and agoraphobia

EhCanadianGuy

I have a condition of anxiety and panic attacks, as well agoraohobia which is a mental illness known as social anxiety disorder where i dont like large crowds, or groups or people. I used to smoke alot of pot in high school and all ways had a good time but now im 19 and when i smoke up i have a panic attack and start freaking out. I wanted help from anyone who has similar expierences and if medical marijuanna would work better or is it strain as if indica may not cause panic but sativa would or vice versa, could it just be the kind im smoking or something more, please drop a comment.

it seems like you probably have gotten your hands on to a sativa strain which can greatly increase anxiety. I too have severe anxiety, but I make sure to get indica-dominant strains. the indica puts you in a mellow mood and you honestly couldnt care less about anxiety after you smoke some of that, at least in my personal experiences. I have panic attacks too if I smoke to much sativa, so I would recommend just asking whoever you get your medicine from what kind of weed it is. good luck!

I have a condition of anxiety and panic attacks, as well agoraohobia which is a mental illness known as social anxiety disorder where i dont like large crowds, or groups or people. I used to smoke alot of pot in high school and all ways had a good time but now im 19 and when i smoke up i have a panic attack and start freaking out. I wanted help from anyone who has similar expierences and if medical marijuanna would work better or is it strain as if indica may not cause panic but sativa would or vice versa, could it just be the kind im smoking or something more, please drop a comment.

Never heard of anyone having an anxiety attack just from the strain. When I first started smoking however, didn't matter of the strain. I always freaked out just from the fact that I've never done it before. If anything, both strains seem to mellow me out evenly. Medical Marijuana isn't any different than the Marijuana you are probably smoking, other than the fact that it is legal and probably better. Perhaps you should see a doctor about it. I think the Marijuana is triggering something else.

Hello,

I've been where you are. My advise is that when you medicate try to be in a place your comfortable in. Medicate in moderation,take it in small amounts slowly until you work up a tolerance of sorts. Also, I find that most indica strains or hybreds of it work better for me. Think , Skunk , Kush, on and on...

Good luck

Also, just from my experience, prescribed anti anxiety meds work with cannabis. You just need to talk to your doctor first and find the right combo and dosage.

Good luck , take care.

Peace

My friend, I am new in this forum so first that all: Hello!
I'm sorry to read you have panic attacks and agoraphobia, I know what you're passing through because I have the same, plus social phobia. It's totally not cool, specially because I'm naturally social and friendly!

Well, I must say I used to take medicaments (I don't know in english because I come from a spanish speaker country, but their names are "Clonazepam" and "Sertralina") and the sensation I used to have it was actually really over-the-top-energetic, which is good but there's a limit! haha, they put down my dose, etc but no. With the time I realized that even if the quantity of panic attacks I had were less, they were still there so I said to myself FVCK IT! I don't want this crap! And Since 1 year I'm into the pot stuff (haha).

I'm 23 so I know what I'm doing. Neither the panic attacks or agoraphobie were absolutely out and I don't want to be dependent of pills. I don't smoke cigars, cigarrettes and I barely drink so well, I said I'll try. At the beginning I had the bad idea of take pot and go to parties taking my medicament and it was not fun: I mean, it was fan hahaha, i used to get drunk in my second 330 ml beer (really economic lol), I was starting to smoke cigarrettes because of the parties/friends (which it didn't help in my hart beat) and when I smoked some bongs or joints my brain it kinda collapsed and I basically turned off the tv, you know what I mean?, I was not able to remember exactly what I did before, like If I were a totally vomited-drunk. Not cool, not cool so I had to do something and I decided that my mind is stronger than my stuff and with a lot of will I stopped the medicaments and my pot path started.

I am really into the Sativa stuff, I'm more friend of laughing than being vegetal, and it makes me feel just wonderful. The only thing I have to remark is that the body cold sweating and the fast beat sometimes appear, but is nothing compared the cool feeling you're having, so that pass like nothing. Also is cool to make other stuff such as work, talk, go outside without worries because you only worry is smile. Indica in the other hand is more relaxing and "veggie" style, which ti gives a "zen" effect that is super cool, but it makes you do nothing more than "relaxing". You'll stay glued to the couch.

In my personal opinnion I don't think weed will make you bad at all, but if you're taking medicaments just avoid it as much as you can. If you have strong will and you really want to help your issue then it's up to you. Weed for me is a great friend, it helpes me to control my anxitie and panic attacks but always when there's not hard drugs in the middle.

Back
Top Bottom