Total newbie to Medical Marijuana looking for best kind for my severe anxiety

monica88

I have severe anxiety ever since my first panic attack this year. I have frequent panic attacks now plus hyperventilation syndrome and insomnia because I have a fear that I will die in my sleep. I'm conscious of every single breath that I take and I don't remember what its like to breath normally. I'm in therapy and learning breathing exercises + coping techniques but they don't help. I've started yoga and am learning to meditate. I eat an extremely healthy diet. I've been prescribed lorazepam and my doctor has no problem prescribing lots of it and thats all he wants to do. The problem is it doesn't help. It lowers my pulse and makes me feel drowsy during a panic attack but I'm still unable to stop thinking of all the things that stress me out and after the pill wears off, I get extremely depressed and have crying fits. I'm now unable to go to my classes and have signed up for the same ones online because I feel too unstable for a classroom and I'm suddenly afraid to drive. I'm very sensitive of every sound and feeling. Everything feels more intense since my first panic attack and everything makes me feel like my heart is dropping in my stomach if that makes any sense. I have acid reflux for the first time in my life now and am also on prescription medication for that because of my anxiety.

I feel that my lorazepam has been a failure and I know that therapy is work and it will take time for me function normally again. I will not drop it but I need something else to help me along with it it so I decided to try something new to use with my therapy and I've decided that it will be medical marijuana. I'm that desperate. This week I went to a doctor and got a recommendation with my mom of all people. Surprisingly she has been very supportive. I have read a lot about marijuana online but its all just reading. I've never tried it even for fun and have no idea where to begin. I've always been kind of conservative and my friends are the same so they're of no help.

I know this probably sounds idiotic but I'm in a panic about going to a dispensary for the first time this coming week. My anxiety is making me make this into a big deal. I have no idea how to choose which medical marijuana is best for me, what to ask for when I go there or what to say. I feel like a complete fool and its so embarrassing. So basically my long post here is just about what should I ask for according to my symptoms and should I go for smoking, edibles, pills, vaporizing etc...? I need something that doesn't make me very high or lazy. I need to be able to function without anxiety with my studies and so that I can cope to become social again. I'm so tired of my anxiety. I've caused so my stress for my family since my anxiety disorder began. Are the people working in dispensaries always helpful and know what to recommend? Will I look like a complete loser if I have no idea what I'm doing? Should I try a few kinds? Is this a common feeling before trying this for the first time? Please help! I'm getting a panic attack just thinking about my first visit soon. My mom actually got a medical recommendation for this too for some pains and the stress shes been under since my anxiety began shes been having and shes so cool about it even though shes never tried any of this before either. I feel like an even bigger freak with her being so cool at her age and me just panicking even over this. I've never even had a drink or cigarette so this is a very big deal for me. Thanks to anyone who responds in advance!

Take it easy....
Talk to the people at the dispensary about your condition. In general your goung to want a strain high in cbd and lower in thc although some strains higher in thc may be valuable to you depending on your brains reaction. Cannabis is not a cure all but is likley to help.
Use in moderation , wish you the best.

Peace

Stay calm things do get better in regard to anxiety

Dieseltonic :circle-of-love:

Dieseltonic has the same CBD/THC ratio possibilities as Cannatonic, the CBD-Queen.

N.Y.C. Diesel with a reverted Cannatonic

which is great for medical use.

She is a quite an easy plant and also very resistant against fungus and powdery mildew.

With Dieseltonic you will get nice looking buds.

She has a beautiful, sweet citrus mandarin aroma and flavour. .

The effect of Dieseltonic is innerly calming,

though often energetic and uplifting.

great for dealing with general or specific social anxiety issues.

:circle-of-love:

Go with an Indica strain for anxiety attacks. Thing is with smoking MMJ it also can bring on anxiety attacks even worst. Sativa is for depression. Smoking on meds (euphoria can cause anxiety just not knowing what is going to happen). One thing for certain is Cannabis oil concentrate from an Indica strain will take care of your anxiety attacks and help immensely with side effects from your meds. Also if you choose so you can drop your man made meds and make an easy transition...I know this for a fact as this is what the Wife and I used after taking care of our Nana for 9 months before she passed. Amazing what little sleep will do to you. Anxiety is some serious stuff, it will override any drug made, until you get it under control & sleep helps immensely.

I feel like a broken record...lol. Cannabis Oil is a cure all if taken properly. Just know your strains (learn them). You do not want any hybrids (NO SATIVA) mixed with Indica...keep it Indica X Indica for a clean nights sleep. You don't want CO2 oil, wax, shattered glass but just some good old fashion concentrated Cannabis Oil. Not trying to confuse you and make things more difficult...just trying to get you headed in a direction for good health. Best of luck.

I totally understand your plight,Ive suffered general anxiety since I was 16,this turned into social anxiety disorder after my gran passed 3 years ago.
As has been said,an indica is what youre after,and cannatonic is best as it has high cbd,which is an active ingredient in cannabis,like thc,but does not cause anxiety etc like it does.
As for lorazepam you have to be careful with them.I get diazepam and now find they make me more anxious as they start to wear off,so I only take them when I really need them.
I hope you get something to help.Once you find a strain that helps you can start to grow your own,its a great hobbie too and will take your mind off the anxiety.And try not to panic,its important to breath properly,try taking deap breaths and holding them,youll be amazed how much it helps.Excercise is also fantastic for anxiety,for me cycling is a big part of my life and when Ive not been out for a ride my anxiety gets out of hand,yet as soon as I force myself to go out I feel great.
Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom