Panic Disorder?

jonc

I always thought I had anxiety disorder but recently my doctor switched the term to panic disorder. I started the process to get medical marijuana but wondering if this will change anything? I am in Canada btw

So can they prescribe more than one strain? Because I have ptsd, severe mdd, chronic pain and panic disorder.

jonc, I just found this post. I'm unfamiliar with mdd, but my daughter's challenged with PTSD, chronic pain and Severe Anxiety Disorder (no one's changed her diagnosis to "panic", although I could see the argument). I recently grew a Med GOM 1.0 for her to try. It has an expected ratio of 2:1, CBD:THC. Three hits in with her vaporizer and she had her first anxiety free moments and the pain dropped away to the realm of insignificance. This ratio hit all her marks and has allowed her to live a relatively normal life, something she's now adjusting to.

My point here is that it's entirely possible to find a strain, or a combination of strains that meets all of your needs. I encourage you to keep looking until you find the one that speaks to you. Best of luck to you. I hope it worked out well with the prescriptions.

:thumb:
jonc, I just found this post. I'm unfamiliar with mdd, but my daughter's challenged with PTSD, chronic pain and Severe Anxiety Disorder (no one's changed her diagnosis to "panic", although I could see the argument). I recently grew a Med GOM 1.0 for her to try. It has an expected ratio of 2:1, CBD:THC. Three hits in with her vaporizer and she had her first anxiety free moments and the pain dropped away to the realm of insignificance. This ratio hit all her marks and has allowed her to live a relatively normal life, something she's now adjusting to.

My point here is that it's entirely possible to find a strain, or a combination of strains that meets all of your needs. I encourage you to keep looking until you find the one that speaks to you. Best of luck to you. I hope it worked out well with the prescriptions.

I found your message encouraging! I have been an off and on toker for 50 years, for relaxation and stress relief. In the last few years, I have used it for RA, which it has helped considerably my ability to cope with pain. However, I have developed panic disorder and found most weed especially Sativa's increased my panic symptoms. Sometimes a few tokes of Indica will help my pain without bringing on intensified panic. I wish I lived in a free state where I could easily access medical varieties for quick comparison.

:thumb:

I found your message encouraging! I have been an off and on toker for 50 years, for relaxation and stress relief. In the last few years, I have used it for RA, which it has helped considerably my ability to cope with pain. However, I have developed panic disorder and found most weed especially Sativa's increased my panic symptoms. Sometimes a few tokes of Indica will help my pain without bringing on intensified panic. I wish I lived in a free state where I could easily access medical varieties for quick comparison.

Get yourself a balanced strain Tim. Do you grow? That's the best way to assure you'll get the meds you need. There are a number of auto CBD strains beginjing to hit the market now, and that'll only increase. If you're sensitive to Sativas you definately want to avoid them. My daughter's sensitive to both THC and sativas, so we have to stick with indica dominants with her. This may be the case with you as well.

Keep looking Tim. You'll find strains that work best for you. A simple pointer is to go with the ones that smell good to you. Your endocannabinoid system can smell the best one for you.

Get yourself a balanced strain Tim. Do you grow? That's the best way to assure you'll get the meds you need. There are a number of auto CBD strains beginjing to hit the market now, and that'll only increase. If you're sensitive to Sativas you definately want to avoid them. My daughter's sensitive to both THC and sativas, so we have to stick with indica dominants with her. This may be the case with you as well.

Keep looking Tim. You'll find strains that work best for you. A simple pointer is to go with the ones that smell good to you. Your endocannabinoid system can smell the best one for you.
:thanks:Thanks Sue! I have been growing off and on for 47 years! I have used Autos in the past few years and love how easy and compact they are! I love your advise about smell! I think that is usually a good indication of what one likes! I will look into getting some higher CBD strains. I have some Northern Lights, Trainwreck and Early Miss seeds on hand but found the Trainwreck totally unacceptable for my panic disorder! The Northern Lights worked a little to ease my pain without causing any acerbation of my anxiety/Panic problems. I just would like to let you know how much some of us appreciate your work researching for us and providing us with info! Some of us don't have the energy or even the Internet savvy to do it well!

:thanks:Thanks Sue! I have been growing off and on for 47 years! I have used Autos in the past few years and love how easy and compact they are! I love your advise about smell! I think that is usually a good indication of what one likes! I will look into getting some higher CBD strains. I have some Northern Lights, Trainwreck and Early Miss seeds on hand but found the Trainwreck totally unacceptable for my panic disorder! The Northern Lights worked a little to ease my pain without causing any acerbation of my anxiety/Panic problems. I just would like to let you know how much some of us appreciate your work researching for us and providing us with info! Some of us don't have the energy or even the Internet savvy to do it well!

I'm actually ending my evenings with Early Miss these days Tim, and I think you might like it. It's a pretty mellow high, but still motivating. She smells amazing, mine came in smelling of ripe apples to me. I'd appreciate hearing how it works for you. I'm intrigued that it can be such an uplifting high during my days but help me unwind at night. Doesn't make sense to me, but it keeps doing that consistently. :laughtwo:

I'm not surprised about the Train Wreck, with its high THC values. That's a lesson you learned.

My work here is a labor of love Tim. I'm glad it's helpful and well-recieved. Quite frankly, it keeps my brain young and makes my heart beat faster to be chasing down information. Lol!

I have enjoyed Early Miss the past year! Will have some more soon to try. Now that this panic thing has come to me, I hope it goes well! Enjoy your EM tonight and may your researching heart beat keep you younger a long time!

Back
Top Bottom