Less Depression with Cannabis?

Gurlysion

I am often in a depressed mood and I am very sensitive to what others think and say about me. I do not want to be drug-dependent and I was wondering if there was a greater percentage of people with depression who could attest that using medical marijuana can decrease or cure depression. Please share with me your thoughts on this. Thanks.

Cannabis can help with depression and many other conditions, such as social anxiety (which may be related to why you're sensitive to what others say/think about you, but that could be from so many different reasons), but you'd really need to find the right strain that works for you. Would a couch lock indica work better that just mellows you out and relaxes you (anxiety and depression often co-mingle and since anxiety can cause muscle tension something that relaxes the muscles can help relieve anxiety), or would you be better off with a sativa that helps you get active and out of your mind and into your body? The problem with some sativa's is that they can get your mind racing which isn't so good when depressed, but a sativa that can get your body active should be beneficial. I'm sure others could recommend specific strains but it would depend on which worked for you.

Exercise and physical activity is a great 'treatment' for depression (for the previous mentioned reasons), with or without cannabis, but an active strain could help you get in the mood to get active cause when you're depressed you really don't feel like you have the energy to do anything.

I am often in a depressed mood and I am very sensitive to what others think and say about me. I do not want to be drug-dependent and I was wondering if there was a greater percentage of people with depression who could attest that using medical marijuana can decrease or cure depression. Please share with me your thoughts on this. Thanks.

I can speak from experience cannabis most definitely helps with depression but as another members reply stated it's strain dependent. For example if I smoke the cheese strains they seem to make me feel more moody and subdued but the high from it actually relieves pain and helps my cluster headaches which can be truly awful, but if I smoke a good haze strain or something heavier on the Sativa side I feel uplifted, super focused, ready to tackle anything and most importantly I feel happy. It most definitely does help depression and anxiety but research the strains that are most suited to treating it before trying to treat it with cannabis.

Welcome. Let's see if we can't help you find what you are looking for. :) SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall is a link to Sue's Study hall. Although you will see a lot on cancer, there are people on that thread who treat many different illnesses. Ask questions there. I believe Sue has had success in helping her brother-in-law with depression. I know she has helped her daughter with anxiety issues. At the bottom on the first post, Sue has links in her signature for other threads. Take a look at some of those too. Good luck. :circle-of-love::peace:

I have some friends that suffer from depression. They love jillybean from tga. It's a super easy to grow plant. Gives a good happy high and inspires creativity. Good luck on your search ☺

There's no question at all that cannabis can be an effective treatment for depression and anxiety. It's a matter, as so many others will likely reiterate, on choosing the right strain. Depression reacts best to a sativa, anxiety to an indica-dominant, but both will benefit from either a balance of THC to CBD, up to twice the CBD.

I've had outstanding success with family members using both approaches. The daughter had a severe and dibilitating anxiety disorder that had her housebound in a world of fear. That kind of reality will create its own delightful kind of depression, won't it? :straightface: In her case I had to come in on both fronts, and I chose a CBD Critical Cure from Barney's Farm on the advice of CajunCelt, who was opening up a cannabis clinic, so he knew what he was talking about when he made that invaluable recommendation. It's an indica-dominant with up to 2:1 CBD:THC. She was sensitive to both THC and sativa terpene profiles.

It not only managed both depression and anxiety, it gave her the first taste of life without anxiety in her 34 years, controlled her PTSD symptoms, began the healing of her neural pathways, and dampened chronic pain she'd lived with for more than a decade. Depression is ancient history after a year on her regimen, but to be honest, it evaporated after her first vaping session.

I have her on a regimen of capsules of infused canna oils, and she stays on her dosing schedule. They don't make her high at all, and she wasn't familiar with consuming cannabis when we began the treatment. She now also supplements her program with a high THC sativa, using brownies made with a potent infused oil. After a time on just capsules she discovered she could tolerate the higher THC and sativas. Adding them in was the final piece to her health care.

In her case, as in all cases, it was a matter of finding the proper strain and then finding the most effective method of administration. It takes time, but it's very doable, and relief can be the appropriate expectation. We can help you with that.

With another family member dealing with depression but not with anxiety the best approach was a high THC sativa, Carnival, from Ministry of Cannabis. This strain lit his mind right up and he's been the happiest I've seen him in the 36 years I've known him.

I encourage you to explore the possibility. We can help you work through any questions you might have. It's just a simple matter of biology, and you'd be supplying the equivalent of what your body would be producing on its own if you weren't so stressed. This is a simple and safe natural alternative treatment that spares you the nasty side effects of many pharmaceuticals commonly prescribed for depression.

You deserve better. :hug: :love:

.....oh yeah.... No more migraines. They used to be continuious. They stopped at the first vaping.

Back
Top Bottom