Tincture

davduggie13

I just made my 1st batch of MJ Tincture. I added 2 oz of WW bud, (ground in a coffee grinder), to 1 qt of veg glycerine, cooked in a crock pot at low for 26 hrs. I strained it using a french press (used for coffee), it is dark brown in color. I'm not familiar with the high from tincture? Time frame?

Is this time frame to cook ok? Is the high anything like smoking? what should temp be, (this did not boil, but was very hot)? How long is the shelf life? Glycerine vs Grain Alcohol?

Anybody have a good recipe? Any comments, welcome.

"When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, then they will be Peace" Who made this quote?

Sri Chinmoy said that, as did Jimi Hendrix.

As for your glycerine, I've never cooked it - I just stuck mine in my sock drawer for a month, occasionally moving it around in the jar to mix it up. As for the high, it's closer to vaping than smoking.

As for your glycerine, I've never cooked it - I just stuck mine in my sock drawer for a month, occasionally moving it around in the jar to mix it up. As for the high, it's closer to vaping than smoking.

Hey, Excellent,

I tried the tincture and I didn't seem to get a much of a buzz, I was kinda expecting a buzz like from smoking.
I was wandering if maybe I over cooked, (I cooked 26hrs on low without boil), I tried tincture from a med store, once, and didn't notice too much of a buzz, either, Is that the nature? where you don't feel high, or you don't feel the pain either?

"He'd be a poorer man if he never saw an eagle fly" - Who?

I cooked for 24 hrs hot but without boil. I tried but didn't notice much of buzz, is this the nature of buzz not to feel high but not to feel pain either?

I bought some tincture at a med store and didn't notice the buzz either?

I've never vaped, I've smoked and had some cookies. Cookies buzzed me pretty good, should the tincture be like the cookies?

Did I over cook, or maybe I'm not aware?

Any advice?

Looking for a good recipe for making a tincture I have found some that range from 3 hrs to a month any suggestions would be appriciated

I use the tincture but have never made it. I use it for sleep. I take a droperful 1 hour before I want to fall asleep. It hits pretty fast, within in 10 minutes I'm dozzy, and sleep soundly for 7 hours....best sleep aid, ever!

I'm gonna look up the recipes....I'm not an alchemist....

I use the tincture but have never made it. I use it for sleep. I take a droperful 1 hour before I want to fall asleep. It hits pretty fast, within in 10 minutes I'm dozzy, and sleep soundly for 7 hours....best sleep aid, ever!

I'm gonna look up the recipes....I'm not an alchemist....

Thanks,
for the reply I have decided to use everclear for my tincture, I just now have to find out how much MM to use with it I have 200ml

Make sure to decarboxylate the cannabis first!! So important.

Let the liquer cover the cannabis completely, so enough bud that it's still submerged under your 200ml... That's what I would recommend (and have done before!).

I've used heating processes for tincture before, idk... Just makes it faster. Safer to go cold or room temp.
Whenever you decide your soak is done, filter and evaporate down to desired potency. I like a solid "one dropper sublingual" dose. Hash is better starting material, it's less necissary to filter in the end... And have made tincture that didn't need to be evaporated down with it.

You can evaporate without heat, with everclear and things of such proof.

Back
Top Bottom