Joshua BenNun

I'm sure I'm not the first person to discover this, but it works quite well simply to eat a bud after drying. At least, it does with my Dinafem Diesel. I wanted to sample as it approaches complete maturity (and, in any event, this is obviously a plant that will be harvested in stages anyway). So I clipped one top bud (I do mean a single bud, not a cluster of them; I left the little leaves on), let it dry for three days, and ate it. Within an hour I was feeling effects, within two I was happy, within three having a blast, at four quieting down, and drifted off to sleep during hour number five.

Smoking is out on health grounds. I don't own a vaporizer, so I made a light bulb one; the vapor was too hot to comfortably inhale. (I realize now why better vaporizers have an aeration chamber.) My use being medical (or, at any rate, that's what my certificate says), my original plan was to make cannibutter and do some cooking. But that's scarcely practical with a single bud, and my interest here was to sample, not get creative. So I chopped the bud into tiny pieces, mixed it into a quarter cup of olive oil, stirred it around and let it sit for a while, then chugged it down. There were enough pieces that I ended up chewing some. The taste wasn't great, but not horrible, either--something like alfalfa with a touch of mint. I've heard it said the chlorophyll can upset your stomach, but I had no such symptoms. There was something astringent that left my throat feeling slightly scratchy, but some Perrier relieved that.

A few days later I tried the same thing with a bud right off the plant. It was about the same size as the first one. Nothing--no effects at all. Then I remembered reading somewhere that THC in the living plant is in a non-psychoactive form and that it begins to convert to the active form only when the bud is harvested. So, if you want to try this, let your bud dry for the standard two-three days. Curing may increase the potency; be careful not to overshoot.

It may seem kind of crude, but I like the simplicity of this direct ingestion route. I can't claim to be a pot connoisseur; for me, the overall effect, including relief from muscle spasms, is perhaps 90% of my interest, odor and flavor only 10%. And while I've greatly enjoyed growing my plants, I really don't want to complicate things at the use end. With this method, as with all ingestion, there is a delay in onset, which makes titration necessary--start low and work up. For me, the dosage of the first bud was perfect, but that was mere chance. A bud harvested from the same plant two weeks later might have a lot more kick.

One other thing--I could still feel effects of the bud the next day. Not at all disabling, just a kind of quiet feeling through the first part of the day. My understanding is that such lingering effects are common with ingestion. Whether that's good or bad depends on your circumstances and needs.

I myself don’t like to smoke cannabis it is hard on my lungs. For the most part I make oils and sabs with it. I did make my very first brownies today. (I made the butter a few weeks ago.)

What I do with the dried buds of really good shake. I freeze it (a set amount) and when it is frozen is just crumbles and brakes up so easy. What you want is the sparkles (tri chromes) this makes the pot so much easier to powder. I place the powered in a gel capsule. It is hard to know how much THC and tri chromes you are getting but it is easier to swallow and no taste. And like you mentioned it really does not mess you up mentally.

Cannabis is Key to Good Health When We Eat it vs. Smoke it
January 3, 2013 by Joe Martino

It is no secret that our world is seeing a huge increase in poor health and cancer cases. It should come as no surprise when we look at what we eat daily, the condition of our environment and the types of body care products we use daily that contain a ton of cancer causing agents. Mainstream medicine suggests that chemotherapy and radiation are the best means to go about treating cancer, but there is a growing body of evidence to suggest there exist much better cures.

Cannabinoids may very well be one of the best disease and cancer fighting treatments out there. If you have heard of Rick Simpson you have heard of his methods of preparing cannabis or hemp in such a way where he is able to extract the oil from it and use that oil to treat cancer. Rick has been very successful in his work and his popularity is growing as a result. At the same time, he has received a great deal of flack for his methods as they pose a serious threat to the business that is cancer.

What are cannabinoids?
Cannabinoids refer to any of a group of related compounds that include cannabinol and the active constituents of cannabis. They activate canbinoid receptors in the body. The body itself produces compounds called endocannabinoids and they play a role in many processes within the body that help to create a healthy environment. Cannabinoids also play a role in immune system generation and re-generation. The body regenerates best when it’s saturated with Phyto-Cannabinoids. Cannabinoids can also be found in Cannabis. It is important to note that the cannabinoids are plentiful in both hemp and cannabis. The differentiation between hemp and cannabis is simply that hemp only contains 0.3% THC while cannabis is 0.4% THC or higher. (Technically they are both strains of Cannabis Sativa.)

Cannabinoids have been proven to reduce cancer cells as they have a great impact on the rebuilding of the immune system. While not every strain of cannabis has the same effect, more and more patients are seeing success in cancer reduction in a short period of time by using cannabis. Contrary to popular thought and belief, smoking the cannabis does not assist a great deal in treating disease within the body as therapeutic levels cannot be reached through smoking. Creating oil from the plant or eating the plant is the best way to go about getting the necessary ingredients which are the cannabinoids. Another aspect of smoking the cannabis that must be looked at is the fact that when the cannabis is heated and burnt it changes the chemical structure and acidity of the THC which changes its ability to be therapeutic. Further, anytime you burn something and inhale it, you create oxidation within the body. That oxidation is not healthy for the body and can lead to health issues itself.

Cannabinoids can prevent cancer, reduce heart attacks by 66% and insulin dependent diabetes by 58%. Cannabis clinician Dr. William Courtney recommends drinking 4 – 8 ounces of raw flower and leaf juice from any Hemp plant.

Cannabis – whether Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis, male, female, hermaphrodite, wild, bred for fiber, seeds or medicinal resin – is a vegetable with every dietary essential we can’t synthesize: Essential Amino Acids, Essential Fatty Acids, Essential Cannabinoid acids and hundreds of anti-Cancer compounds. It is important to note that when we isolate to important compounds of cannabis and take them in supplement we miss out of the bio-synergistic compounds that go along with it in full plant form. This makes it more difficult for the body to determine what exactly it is taking in.

“If you heat the plant, you will decarboxylate THC-acid and you will get high, you”ll get your 10 mg. If you don’t heat it, you can go up to five or six hundred milligrams & use it as a Dietary Cannabis. . . and push it up to the Anti-oxidant and Neuro-protective levels which come into play at hundreds of milligrams,” stated Dr. William Courtney.

The Endocannabinoid System (ECS) maintains our biological systems by regulating each cell tissue. It uses Arachadonic acid/Omega 6 to make Endo-Cannabinoids: fatty molecules that communicate harm between cells. Dietary Cannabis mimics the ECS by providing Cannabinoids when there is an Arachadonic acid deficiency or Clinical Cannabinoid Deficiency.

Doctors who have been researching cannabis and it’s benefits in diet for some time have recommended that people make cannabis a part of their everyday diet. To reiterate, the plant does not need to contain high levels of THC and it can simply be hemp. Eating Cannabis that does contain THC will not get you high. Also, smoking it does not give the same results as eating or juicing the plant. If we view the plant simple as a vegetable like all other vegetables we eat, it makes sense that we wouldn’t put it inside rolling papers and smoke it to get the nutritional benefits. (haha)

Sources:
Eat your greens! Hemp leaf cures cancer!
Phoenix Tears
Cannabis International Foundation: A Resource For The Dietary And Medicinal Study And Use Of Cannabis
The Emerging Role of the Endocannabinoid System in Endocrine Regulation and Energy Balance

- See more at: Cannabis is Key to Good Health When We Eat it vs. Smoke it | Collective-Evolution

I made some capsules last month out/ with coconut oil. They are not to bad but, it makes my lips chapped. I does seem to help with the nerve pain in my legs and opening them up for my shoulder. I want to find a stan that will help with nerve pain. But, I really suck at seeds. I do really well with cloning.

I made some capsules last month out/ with coconut oil. They are not to bad but, it makes my lips chapped. I does seem to help with the nerve pain in my legs and opening them up for my shoulder. I want to find a stan that will help with nerve pain. But, I really suck at seeds. I do really well with cloning.

I think it is easier ti discern strains when smoking or vaping. The edibles I buy are from this company. Medical Infused THC Hash Oil Candy Bars They are consistent and the oil they use for their products comes from the complete plant not just the shake. This way you get the full effect of the plant. They grow all their own cannabis and they do not separate the cream and sell off the flowers. Try contacting them, they might be willing to help you with some of your questions.

That is a good idea about asking the dispensaries. One of them told me that I needed to hit a 240 degree flash point to get everything extracted out. I use bud to make my slav, capsules and butter. I don't like to eat the edibles. I don't need any help with my backside getting bigger.:thedoubletake:

I have never experimented with edibles in any fashion. I have never managed to possess enough bud at any given time for me to be willing to make a mistake and end up throwing it away by wasting it. I have often considered just eating a dried bud, but have also been concerned with wasting it by eating it. I have read a number of different posts from people, and many people claim that just eating the bud isn't worth it and is a total waste. This never made sense to me because I don't see how it is that much different from mixing it in butter or similar fashion. Maybe I will just dry a bud and pop it in my mouth and see where it leads me.

I think it is easier ti discern strains when smoking or vaping. The edibles I buy are from this company. Medical Infused THC Hash Oil Candy Bars They are consistent and the oil they use for their products comes from the complete plant not just the shake. This way you get the full effect of the plant. They grow all their own cannabis and they do not separate the cream and sell off the flowers. Try contacting them, they might be willing to help you with some of your questions.

When I make the oil I use bud and not just the shake. Three weeks ago I got desperate and used a vaporizer for the first time and it was not as harsh as a regular pipe. When my first cure is done I want to make cookies.

Lady Vadalon, Have you considered an ecig? My two sickies love it and they're very inexpensive to buy. You can charge the battery in an electrical socket or an USB port. Pop it in your pocket or bag and you're good to go! I make the ejuice by double boiling propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine 70/30% ratio with bud ground first in the coffee grinder. I simmer the brew for six hours or so and strain the herb off. Keep the dregs and fill capsules with it .... waste not, want not. A drop or dropper of this oil under the tongue brings instant relief or fill the ecig with it for a lovely gentle, discreet vape. Just a consideration ... I'm a bit over trying to keep up with edibles for my two and who needs the extra calories? This is the way we'll be going I think. They have two ecigarettes ... one with sativa ejuice and the other with indica.

Lady Vadalon, Have you considered an ecig? My two sickies love it and they're very inexpensive to buy. You can charge the battery in an electrical socket or an USB port. Pop it in your pocket or bag and you're good to go! I make the ejuice by double boiling propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine 70/30% ratio with bud ground first in the coffee grinder. I simmer the brew for six hours or so and strain the herb off. Keep the dregs and fill capsules with it .... waste not, want not. A drop or dropper of this oil under the tongue brings instant relief or fill the ecig with it for a lovely gentle, discreet vape. Just a consideration ... I'm a bit over trying to keep up with edibles for my two and who needs the extra calories? This is the way we'll be going I think. They have two ecigarettes ... one with sativa ejuice and the other with indica.

I have thought about using the oil for ecig. But, the other day someone told me that the were going to make it illegal because it is manufactured. I did not think that propylene glycol was for consuming internally. They use it in antifreeze and car batteries.I know that it is used for external usage like shampoos and things. I have been thinking about learning how to make tinkster oil. That would not add to the back side. I just want to stop the pain smoking at night is fine but during the day I need to be useful and productive. Two years ago the doctors put me in the hospital with serotonin syndrome from all the crap they had me on. That was when I applied for my OMMP card to see if it would help. Now I am trying to find what works and what does not work. Can you make the oil with just the vegetable glycerine?

Can you make the oil with just the vegetable glycerine?

Yes

I make a day time mix for my e-cig pens at 3.5 grams of kief to 1 cup Veg glyc.
My mother in law with COPD uses this and it breaks up the phlem and crap she has to deal with and COPD...she has stopped all other meds associated with the COPD as the VG mixture clears her up instantly.

For knock out e-cig mixture I use 10 grams of kief to 1 cup Veg glyc.

You can also take this orally...tastes very sweet with a cannabis kicker...you can flavor with flavor drops from the head shops or simple food grade extract in the baking department.....2 drops of flavoring per e-cig cartridge.

I do not know how to make kief and the dispensaries want to much for it. Do you cook it just as long as the bud? For making salve the flash point is 240 degrees. What is the flash point for this? This does sound like something I would like to try.

Lady Vadalon, I heard here in Australia also that the ecigs might be taken off the market but they are still available. I just bought two yesterday for $45.00 at a little tobacconist in the mall. When you purchase them they come with a little bottle of ejuice ... with apple or mint or whatever added for flavour. In the ingredients list on the side of the bottle you will see vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol .... vg/pg. A quick research with Mrs Google should allay any fears. If you make it with just vg the ejuice is too thick for most ecigs. It will be hard to draw and clogs up the ecig. The ratio I use is vg/pg 70/30% Make the strength to suit yourself but here is my recipe:

70ml Polypropylene glycol
30ml vegetable glycerine
14g bud

Grind herb. Place in a glass jar. Add liquids to the jar. Place jar in a water bath in a saucepan. Keep topping up the water level to about the level of the mixture. Maintain the temperature of the water at 350 degrees F. Cook for 18-24 hours. Strain and decant.

If you have pain squirt a drop or a dropperful ... depending on your pain or your tolerance level under the tongue and hold it there without swallowing for 30 seconds or longer. This way the tincture enters your bloodstream directly and gives immediate relief. The vg is found at the supermarket. The pg I needed to order in from the local pharmacy. Don't forget to save the dregs. You can fill capsules with that and make some powerful canna caps.

Back
Top Bottom