How do you burn or vape hash?

I made some ice water hash last crop, and I'm curious how other's consume this product?

I'm normally a flower smoker via a bong. I've been putting little nuggets of hash on top of bowls, then lighting the hash. After it starts melting, I will pull the hit and burn the bud with the flame from the hash. I keep the lighter ready to make sure I keep the hash cherry going until all the hash is gone.

I'm considering getting a nail type setup after my next crop. (I reward myself each grow with one consumption device). AFAICT, these are mostly for oil type extractions. My hash will not 'stick' to a spatula or whatever. The one my head shop has is a ceramic piece around the titanium piece. So the ceramic fits into the ground glass part of the bong. It doesn't use a dome, so I heat the nail and then, I guess, I would drop some hash on? Maybe I would have to stir it? Based on how long it takes to burn, I'm not sure it will work. When I smoke as described above, I have to hit real slow to give the hash time to burn without the bud burning too much.

The other thing I've tried was to put a small brass screen in the bowl and burn the hash without bud. I feel like I taste some of whatever I burn it with (lighter or hemp wick). I'c really like to taste just the hash. It does taste pretty awesome! :yummy:

I'm looking for other ideas and input from this awesome community. There is so much knowledge here and it's so readily shared. I love :420:

I'm not really interested in cooking with it. I think I could manage that, but I have enough budder. :winkyface:
I have a MFLB vape, but it can't do hash. Maybe if I could crumble it, but then it might melt into the screen.

Thanks in advance for everyone's stories. I bet we hear some great ideas!

btw, I did search for this topic without success, so I apologize if there is already a "howto smoke hash" thread. If so please just direct me to it and this one can be deleted or let to die.

I had the same question/dilemma and looked around long and hard. I ended up getting one of these Health Stone Glass - Frit Sherlock Inner-Cooler Handvape # 16 and a triple-flame torch lighter. It works quite well, but is still not exactly what I was looking for. It works really well for full-melt bubble and honey oil/waxes, but it HAS to be full-melt or the healthstone will get clogged and need to be cleaned out (by heating the dogpiss out of ONLY the stone until the entire stone glows like the sun, then place back into the handvape after it cools). I also make qwiso and some pressed kief hash. The kief hash shouldn't be used through the healthstone as it's got too many contaminants in it, but it works in a pinch. As long as the qwiso is filtered (coffee filter is fine), it works well with it too.

Having said all that, I am now looking into making my own e-liquid. I just picked up a ProVari kit with some Aspire carts, extra batteries and extended base cap. I gotta put these cowboy killers down and though I'm not actively trying to quit smoking, I haven't had a cig in 3 days (a pack a day smoker for 30 years!). I haven't burned any flowers in over 2 years either and use my Arizer EQ and Solo so, this could be the next big step in getting healthier while learning yet another way to medicate (provided I can make some decent canna e-liquid too).

I do something similar Hiker and reward myself after each successful harvest. This summer, I've got my eyes and heart set on a Sublimator Sublimator.ca This badass piece can do it all, hash, oils, waxes and dry herb. I can't wait.

I had not seen the Health Stones. I had run across the sublimator before. That things looks nice, but a little spendy. Maybe down the road lol.

I've just been putting my hash on top of the flowers. It seems like most of the concentrate devices are aimed more towards oil/honey. Hash has been around forever, so what did guys do in the old days? I've only smoked hash a couple times ever in the passed. Once was with a tiny hash pipe, the other was using a pin (didn't work well).

When I want only hash, I have found 2 options: the brass screen, or my recent technique... smoke a bowl of, well cured, flowers. You should have that little ball of grey/white ash. Put a little hash on that and use it to hold it up. Works pretty well, but you have to get a feel for the ash. Different bowls, ie solid chunk vs shake etc, will make different ash. Some work better than others. I've found that loading a small nugg (ie some popcorn) makes a great little ash sphere. I can put my hash chunk 'into' the ash a little so it doesn't move. Then I just burn it real slow with a lighter.

Thanks again for the feedback Gvtcheese. :namste:

I agree with your findings Hiker, and I did the same thing (i.e. looked around for that perfect little hash-use item) and came to similar conclusions. There simply isn't (that I can find) something perfect for hash. I too found most devices geared towards oils and waxes. Neither of which am I very interested in and I briefly resigned myself that I would simply have to use my spoon pipe with a little glass screen for my hash. If I'm using some of my self-made, high-end bubble hash, I use the HS handvape, otherwise, if I want to use some of my other stuff (i.e. pressed kief hash) I do the same as yourself and put a small piece onto some dried herb and either torch it or put it in my EQ with the heat turned up slightly and run it that way.

Regarding the healthstones, check out some vids/reviews on youtube.

I'm gonna try a nail setup with my bong. It's ground glass, so hopefully I can find something that will just drop in. I'll post pics if I find something that works.

I'm getting ready to order a washing machine and have a hash making marathon soon. I have many gallon feezer bags with trim waiting to be processed. :)

yea i cant vape hash either - I just throw it on a bowl for extra punch - I only use the dome-less nail when i use wax - tried the hash on my domeless and was like OH wow ok that doesnt work lol......

Update:

I bought a little dab bubbler rig thing. I has a quartz nail and a dome. Works fine for hash. I have learned that hash will leave some ash/residue.

The oil I made was no good for smoking. That's why I bought the little rig, but it's working great for the hash too. I've hardly smoked flower for a few weeks now. I have convinced myself my lungs are feeling better, but I think the hash is only a small improvement as there is still 'stuff' burning.

Oil is more like actual "vaping", right?

oil/hash/flowers - it doesn't matter what the material is, it's the device that either vaporises, or burns it, and that is controlled by temperature. you're vaping the hash, and are feeling the health benefits, you're not kidding yourself - been there, done that, four years clear of combustion this January ;)

I'm thinking something electric with a thermostat is gonna be in my future. Anyone know some good DIY links? :winkyface:

not aware of any myself; a vape can be had for like $80, so I guess building your own would be more of a personal endeavour than a dollar saving one ;)

sorry I was thinking of some sort of electric nail sort of thing I can use with my existing bong :winkyface:

Thanks my cheesy friend :winkyface:

I ran across that DIY at one point. It looks like he's marketing his project as Vape Tech. I can't make myself spend that much on paraphernalia, but if I do it as a DIY and buy it in parts the cost is less obvious. :winkyface:

In fact, I recall after seeing this before, researching where to source the PIDs and came up with some real cheap solutions. Ironically, I used to work for a company that made these kinds of controllers. :blalol:

BTW to anyone still following this thread, I do still make the ice water hash with the bags (I bought a portable washer recently to make it easier), but I'm really focused on oil now. If I run out of BHO, I've been using the hash as the backup. I also make QWET, but that is not for smoking. Even purged, I felt it was NOT good for my lungs. The BHO feels MUCH cleaner. Of course I am pretty anal about a thorough purge. :winkyface:

I've had a couple of friends just put a drop of RSO in a pipe and smoke it; they say they have never been so high just on weed.

Hiker,I dropped the dough on a smart dabb,there is quite a difference in burning heat,IT has settings from 750 to 600 or so I use it for everything,other than flower.

mine is pre made but there is some threads on reddit that show very good instructions with part number for under 90.

Back
Top Bottom