Making Tincture

humr

Hi
This will be my first time making a tincture, I will be using 200ml of everclear looking for a good recipe along with how much MMJ to use? Thanks

I've made a blog entry (I think) about the subject... I've learned a bit more since writing that, I'll drop you a PM tomorrow if possible... Buckshot is a member to look at, he has made highly impressive extracts and such.. Including tincture.

The main two things are.. Use keif/ hash/ whatever you want to call it... And decarboxylate, this cannot be stressed enough.

I like tinctures too, as someone with nausea issues... Being able to injest orally and even vaping can be unacceptable at times. Sublingual ftw!

If potency is your goal, those two suggestions are quite important. Peace, friend :)

Thanks
I made a batch 3 weeks ago and im going to strain it Monday and we will see what happens,hope it works im tired of the side effects of my pain meds

IMO, its not worth the weed. I now have a container of everclear infused with cannabis but I find its too much to drip under the tongue, it just burns....

Thanks for the info ive heard the same have been told to mix water or put in tea? will find out Monday/Tue. will post how it worked later in the week

IMO, its not worth the weed. I now have a container of everclear infused with cannabis but I find its too much to drip under the tongue, it just burns....

You can dilute, this is only 1-2 ml per dosage ( or it wasn't made strong enough, and should be evaporated down to better potency)... So a small amount of anything will make it bareable sublingually... So adding 1ml apple juice, soda, whatever... Will make it easy to take.

Every time I've made tincture to correct potency, the burn seemed to be minimized. Most of the tincture was done with bud, perhaps some of the moisture diluted it... Who knows.

Lately, I've come to that I like to make it with hash... With a 100proof clear liquor. I don't know the saturation point of THC into alcohol, but there is also a lot of other things dissolving too... Other cannabinoids, waxes, plant hormones, etc.

I forgot my point, I think it was that more than enough can be put into one dose. I think. Yea, even with 100proof.

My first try with everclear was like yours... I had to mix 2:1 tincture to diluting blah blah blah.

If you still don't like it, evaporate that shit and smoke some oil!

Edit! If you have a large bottle of tincture, I would put some in a small dropper bottle, dilute in that and store in the fridge... I used apple juice. You just don't want to mix a perishable thang then lose your tincture to it! 50ml is like 2 weeks worth for me. Maybe one, if I am having a very bad week.

I use Vegetable Glycerine to make tincture. I use 2 oz to every quart.

My question is: I've got some bud that is about 3 yrs old. It's been in sealed canning jars, in the dar
k, and in a cool place. I can see the trichomes, it has an odor. Can this bud be any good to use for tincture?

Back
Top Bottom