How to medicate if smoking is bad for your health?

MJRay

Greetings Everyone:

I finally got some high grade MM, legally of course, but I don't want to smoke it because of harmful carcinogens. Also, I am having a hard time locating a high quality Vaporizer. I want to make Canna-Butter or some other kind of healthy Cannabis inspired food but unsure how. Please advise the healthiest way to use MM, and please advise a the best Vaporizer on the market today.

1. How harmful is it to smoke a Joint? Smoke MJ in general ... Lung damage?
2. Best & most reliable Vaporizer? Link?
3. Quickest {and healthiest} way to cook and make an edible? Low fat butter? Low fat Brownies?

Thanks in advance - I really appreciate all the great help and advise.

Ray

I personally don't believe the carcinogen stories. Not until I see scientific proof. All claims by the government, and their "studies" in order to hasten making Cannabis illegal are null and void.

As for independent, non-biased studies, the most recent I have heard was that Cannabis smoking tends to lessen the risk of lung associated cancers. Not by a lot, but still, a slightly lower risk. One scientist involved stated that Cannabis seems to almost have a "protective effect" on the lungs.

With that being said, I can't advise you on a vaporizer, as I haven't used any vaporizers to give a fair comparison among several models, but the truly best way to use medical Cannabis is in concentrated oil form.

The following 2 links will have all the information you'll need to make the oil, and how to use it properly.
How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

What ailment(s) are you treating, exactly? That will make a world of difference in which strain you use, and which method of ingestion is used (smoke/vape, oil tacking, topical, etc..)

Are you looking to experience the "high" effects as well, or is this purely for medical use?

I just made my first batch of canna butter. Here is my recipe ...
1. 2 glass water
2. 235 grams of hardened stick regular butter
3. About 20 grams of Cannabis
4. slow boil on medium to high for about 30 minutes
4. Strained it coffee strain cloth

This recipe did not make much at all ...

The mixture looks yellow, not very green.

Put in the Frig.

Did I cook this correctly ?

Can I use low fat butter? ( I have high cholesterol ).

Here's a recipe for it: CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

You're basically going to yield about the same weight you had originally. The fats (oils) in the butter simply dissolve the cannabinoids.

If you start with 1/2 lb of butter, your final result will be 1/2 lb of butter, minus whatever water (if any) separates from the butter, and then the small amount of weight gained from the cannabinoids. Which would probably be measurable in nanograms.

Using low fat butter might be possible, but lower fat (oil) content could mean a lower ability to dissolve the cannabinoids.

I would suggest making concentrated Cannabis oil, and using that in small quantities as an additive to whatever food you're preparing. It can also be used directly as a medical treatment.

How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

The method you use to ingest Cannabis will depend highly upon what ailments you're treating. What are you trying to treat with Cannabis? I can advise you a little better if I had that information.

Does anyone have any experience with direct sublingual dosing with decarbed cannabis? I am thinking of trying to stuff a small porous pouch with decarbed cannabis and putting it under my tongue. Anyone doing this?
Thanks

Congrats first poster glad you have come by :)

I will often grab a pinch of dried decarbed cannabis. Usually I'll just chew it all up and swish it around. Letting now wet cannabis bits sit between gums and lower lip works well, as does leaving it under your tongue.

Ive never tried it in a pouch type affair. I'm happy to slowly swallow it all where it continues to add goodies to my system.

Greetings Everyone:

I finally got some high grade MM, legally of course, but I don't want to smoke it because of harmful carcinogens. Also, I am having a hard time locating a high quality Vaporizer. I want to make Canna-Butter or some other kind of healthy Cannabis inspired food but unsure how. Please advise the healthiest way to use MM, and please advise a the best Vaporizer on the market today.

1. How harmful is it to smoke a Joint? Smoke MJ in general ... Lung damage?
2. Best & most reliable Vaporizer? Link?
3. Quickest {and healthiest} way to cook and make an edible? Low fat butter? Low fat Brownies?

Thanks in advance - I really appreciate all the great help and advise.

Ray

Hi MJRay here's what I think based on lots of research. Smoking cannabis is not as bad as tobacco.

Medical cannabis proponents encourage vaping instead of smoking. You aren't burning plant material, just inhaling vaporized cannabinoids.

What I do is bake dried cannabis in olive oil, then strain out the plant material. Makes a very easy to use edible oil.

I have two good vaporizers for dry flower. First one I got is the Pax 2, I have a adapter to use it with my water pipe, the second Dry flower vape I have is the "Plenty" made by Storz and Bickel, I also use it with my water pipe it helps cool the vapor. Both of these work very well although I seem to get denser clouds with the pax 2. I use Budkup cartridges with Pax 2 and pack it as tight as I can (about a half gram). I would recommend both and get "Budkups" if you go with the Pax 2

Back
Top Bottom