Ground Cannabis into Gel Capsules and Crohn's Disease?

mpnematicatos

Hey, i dont know if this has already been discused.

I am wanting to know whether grinding cannabis and putting it into capsules is a viable method of treating crohn's disease. Will it work, ie: will the colon absorb the thc and cbd from the ground cannabis? Would the ground cannabis irritate the colon? I have heard of edibles irritating people with crohn's/ibd.

I know there are other methods such as extracting the oil and putting them into capsules as well.

Many thanks guys. One love.

Greetings! :welcome:

If you're talking about raw, unheated Cannabis (which I have much experience with), then it would be completely unnecessary and counterproductive to put it into a capsule. In fact, it would delay the absorption the nutrients which need to be taken as quickly as possible into the body.

If one were to slowly and gradually chew then eat the dried buds, it would allow the plant matter to break down easily and not cause any irritation whatsoever. If the taste is an issue for someone, then the Cannabis can be put with fresh fruits in a blender and consumed this way. Raw Cannabis absolutely will help to heal the issues you've named. And the positive effects can be amplified with a diet high in fresh produce (also keep in mind that all animal-based products and processed sugars are highly inflammatory and will counteract the benefits of Cannabis).

I recommend a minimum 1g consumed throughout the day, and I see the greatest benefit from chewing the buds for a while and eating them. And finding flowers that are high in both THC and CBD are going to be most beneficial.

:goodluck: :green_heart: :yummy:

Hey @OnlyOrganic thanks for the info,

The bud would be ground very fine and then placed into the capsule.
I hear what you are saying about the capsule delaying the absorption process, but would it really make much of a difference as other medicinal capsule tablets seem to absorb fine?

As with other edibles I have heard from friends that sometimes you may suffer from an upset stomach(the runs), which wouldnt benefit me at all. What are your thoughts on this?

Greetings! :welcome:

If you're talking about raw, unheated Cannabis (which I have much experience with), then it would be completely unnecessary and counterproductive to put it into a capsule. In fact, it would delay the absorption the nutrients which need to be taken as quickly as possible into the body.

If one were to slowly and gradually chew then eat the dried buds, it would allow the plant matter to break down easily and not cause any irritation whatsoever. If the taste is an issue for someone, then the Cannabis can be put with fresh fruits in a blender and consumed this way. Raw Cannabis absolutely will help to heal the issues you've named. And the positive effects can be amplified with a diet high in fresh produce (also keep in mind that all animal-based products and processed sugars are highly inflammatory and will counteract the benefits of Cannabis).

I recommend a minimum 1g consumed throughout the day, and I see the greatest benefit from chewing the buds for a while and eating them. And finding flowers that are high in both THC and CBD are going to be most beneficial.

:goodluck: :green_heart: :yummy:

Hey @OnlyOrganic thanks for the info,

The bud would be ground very fine and then placed into the capsule.
I hear what you are saying about the capsule delaying the absorption process, but would it really make much of a difference as other medicinal capsule tablets seem to absorb fine?

As with other edibles I have heard from friends that sometimes you may suffer from an upset stomach(the runs), which wouldnt benefit me at all. What are your thoughts on this?

You're most welcome! :)

Capsules are used for activated drugs, which this Cannabis is not. Their release is delayed on purpose, and chewing up such a pill would actually deter the drug from working properly. On the other hand, the Raw Cannabis plant matter needs as much time in the system as possible since it's not actually a drug (unheated). In fact, the longer it stays in my mouth and gets chewed, the more I feel the natural effects of the Cannabinoids and nutrients. The best thing possible, when working with Raw Cannabis is to leave it completely unprocessed, not even ground up.

Edibles have oils and butters that contain activated (heated) Cannabinoids. Since you're only consuming dried buds, this will 100% be a non-issue. If anything, the Raw Cannabis will help to regulate your system and will absolutely do no harm. Not a worry at all.

:yummy::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom