Getting the most CBD out of my hemp tea

HisDudeness

Hi guys.

Just got about 50 grams of organic industrial hemp tea(no name, from Germany. I live in Poland, so not much variety here...) . My goal is to get the most CBD(among witamines, minerals, fatty acids and good taste :) ) out of it without smoking/vaping.

I found a cool article about making hemp/marijuana tea, but unfortunately it only focuses on THC... Here it is.

Making marijuana tea is a great alternate way for patients to medicate who are not able to smoke or vaporize. Cannabis tea has also been shown to alleviate ailments that smoking cannabis cannot, such as a sore throat. The cannabis in the tea also contains fibers and enzymes that are nutritious and are shown to aid in a healthy life.

Cannabissearch.com Buzz Rating: Fairly potent, and extremely great-tasting, although I would rather smoke this same amount of medication for a more intense effect. Cannabis tea would definitely be great for someone who cannot smoke or has a sore throat.

To make cannabis tea, first grind approximately 1 to 1.25 grams of high-grade marijuana buds (should come out to around 1.5 tbsp of ground flowers). Set these ground up buds aside, as you will need them shortly. Next, boil an appropriate amount of water for the cup that you will be using. Bring this water to a boil, subsequently adding the ground cannabis buds, as well as no more than a tsp of softened butter or vegetable oil. If you do not add the butter or oil, then the medication will not be as potent. THC is not particularly water-soluble, even when boiled and adding butter or oil helps to release the THC. Once you have added the butter and marijuana, turn the water down to a low simmer for 20 minutes and cover the pot. After this 20 minutes is up, turn the dial off, retaining the covered cannabis tea on the burner for the next 40 minutes (this is to keep it warm and help fully release all of the medicinal qualities of the marijuana). Another favorite among patients is a tea simlar to chai tea, using the same steps above, but adding a spice such as allspice, cinnamon, or mint when the cannabis and butter are added.

So does this method also apply for CBD extraction? Do I really need so much time for it? Is high quality olive/ rape oil ok for it?

Back
Top Bottom