CBD vs THC

Danolo

So, I'm reading, reading, here and trying to identify what works best to relieve pain - CBD or THC?

My wife has arthritis and suffers a lot of pain, particularly when she first gets up in the morning.

We have been treating her pain by vapourizing strains reviewed to be good for pain relief - like Rockstar, MK Ultra, and so on. I also got some CBD caps - 20 mgs, in the belief (mistaken?) that CBD is the primary pain reliever.

Then I watch some of the Rick Simpson Utube videos and he talks about THC being the pain reliever.

Finally, I read some of the threads here related to arthritis, and have come to the conclusion that she will need BOTH CBD and THC.

So, now I'm going to study what strains might be best. Any suggestions? I will probably go with non-fem seeds, photo period strain.

So, I'm reading, reading, here and trying to identify what works best to relieve pain - CBD or THC?

My wife has arthritis and suffers a lot of pain, particularly when she first gets up in the morning.

We have been treating her pain by vapourizing strains reviewed to be good for pain relief - like Rockstar, MK Ultra, and so on. I also got some CBD caps - 20 mgs, in the belief (mistaken?) that CBD is the primary pain reliever.

Then I watch some of the Rick Simpson Utube videos and he talks about THC being the pain reliever.

Finally, I read some of the threads here related to arthritis, and have come to the conclusion that she will need BOTH CBD and THC.

So, now I'm going to study what strains might be best. Any suggestions? I will probably go with non-fem seeds, photo period strain.

I've recently helped a guy with chronic arthritis. We used a 1:1 and it was CBD Crew Critical Mass. We started off with Bio Bomb capsules as suppositories mixed @ 20:1 5x per day. They really helped but wasn't quite enough. We stepped up to 10:1 and he has never looked back.
I also believe he now doses 3-4 x per day @ 10:1

Hope that helps :)

I've recently helped a guy with chronic arthritis. We used a 1:1 and it was CBD Crew Critical Mass. We started off with Bio Bomb capsules as suppositories mixed @ 20:1 5x per day. They really helped but wasn't quite enough. We stepped up to 10:1 and he has never looked back.
I also believe he now doses 3-4 x per day @ 10:1

Hope that helps :)

Hmm lost me there... I get that the strain critical mass is 1:1 THC to CBD... (or is it the other way around?)
But then you say: "Bio Bomb capsules as suppositories mixed @ 20:1 5x per day"... I assume you mean you made concentrated oil caps and the ratio of 20:1 .. is that THC to CBD? Then you refer to "stepping up" to 10:1, so that means double the amount of CBD, right?

I just want to make sure i understand you.

Thanks

Here is a thread worth checking out.

Thc works in conjunction with cbd. There seems to be plenty of mystery around the subject and different opinions about what is the best ratio of the two.

The Best Strains Of Marijuana For Pain Relief

Hmm lost me there... I get that the strain critical mass is 1:1 THC to CBD... (or is it the other way around?)
But then you say: "Bio Bomb capsules as suppositories mixed @ 20:1 5x per day"... I assume you mean you made concentrated oil caps and the ratio of 20:1 .. is that THC to CBD? Then you refer to "stepping up" to 10:1, so that means double the amount of CBD, right?

I just want to make sure i understand you.

Thanks

Yes, the strain has an equal ratio of THC & CBD (ish)

20:1 is mixing the CO / Cannabis Oil with 20 parts carrier to each 1 part CO

Like this....
SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall And go to post 998

Yes, the strain has an equal ratio of THC & CBD (ish)

20:1 is mixing the CO / Cannabis Oil with 20 parts carrier to each 1 part CO

Like this....
SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall And go to post 998

Ahhhhh I get it...so the Cannabis Oil is mixed with a carrier. And, when used as a suppository, it enters the blood stream directly, rather than fight its way through the stomach and its acids.

Why did you/he choose suppositories? If you had left the CO undiluted by carrier and then just "tacked" it onto the gums full strength, would that have worked as well?

In my discussions with my wife about this, she asks the question, is tacking on the gums, and suppositories, the only was to bypass the stomach acids? I read somewhere that ingesting some kind of oil will "keep the system busy" while the CO is absorbed. I'm not sure of the details.

Yes, I'll read Sweet Sues thread on the subject and post 998. Thanks

Ahhhhh I get it...so the Cannabis Oil is mixed with a carrier. And, when used as a suppository, it enters the blood stream directly, rather than fight its way through the stomach and its acids.

Why did you/he choose suppositories? If you had left the CO undiluted by carrier and then just "tacked" it onto the gums full strength, would that have worked as well?

In my discussions with my wife about this, she asks the question, is tacking on the gums, and suppositories, the only was to bypass the stomach acids? I read somewhere that ingesting some kind of oil will "keep the system busy" while the CO is absorbed. I'm not sure of the details.

Yes, I'll read Sweet Sues thread on the subject and post 998. Thanks

To my knowledge, tacking with straight oil has a poor bioavailability rate. I've also tried tacking myself several times and i find it a challenge. It's quite difficult to get it onto your gum and stay there. I just don't like it

Making capsules and using them as suppositories work really well. With the added carrier oils and lecithin you will benefit from a much better bioavailability rate so your getting more bang for your buck :) And avoiding the liver is great I think so we can carry on working, driving etc without being high :)

Maybe take this conversation into Sweetsues thread. Lots of good info in there and very helpful people.

Back
Top Bottom