CBD and blood thinners

avan

I am a total novice at ll this so hoping someone can advise me on a few questions. My husband suffers from lung cancer which has metastasised from malignant melanoma. I have purchased 10 mg CBD oil capsules after reading that cannabis oil can help with pain and even plenty of anecdotal evidence of its healing properties. He has been given a prognosis of months and is on oxycodin and oxynorm for pain. We are willing to try untying and hence I bought the CBD capsules. However my husband is also on blood thinners and I now read some stores that the two should not be combined

We need some definitive advice about the safety of taking these capsules and also what dosage to take to help with with pain management and even help cut back on the opoids
Thank you!

I am a total novice at ll this so hoping someone can advise me on a few questions. My husband suffers from lung cancer which has metastasised from malignant melanoma. I have purchased 10 mg CBD oil capsules after reading that cannabis oil can help with pain and even plenty of anecdotal evidence of its healing properties. He has been given a prognosis of months and is on oxycodin and oxynorm for pain. We are willing to try untying and hence I bought the CBD capsules. However my husband is also on blood thinners and I now read some stores that the two should not be combined

We need some definitive advice about the safety of taking these capsules and also what dosage to take to help with with pain management and even help cut back on the opoids
Thank you!
Let's find u some help @SweetSue may be able to help
I'll see if she can post for u

The truth is you'll be needing sizable doses of THC, in all likelihood, to treat the concerns your husband is facing. The standard in canna meds at this time is a 4:1 ratio of THC to CBD to effectively set lung cancer back to insignificant levels that the body's own healing system can maintain. The skin cancer as well.

Sorry, I tend to barge in the door, when a gentle hello would be more appropriate. In person that plays out much better, because all those words would have been preceeded by a warm hug. :hug::hug::hug: I'm Sue. Sorry we need to meet under these terms, but let's see what I can help you with.

Quite the challenge eh, keeping our loved ones alive and healthy? Now.... those capsules. CBD will potentially effect the blood thinners, which means he'll have to have his blood levels checked more frequently. CBD interfere with the enzymes that degrade the blood thinners, allowing them to build in the system to dangerous levels. The onus is on the medical team prescribing the blood thinner, because all this means is he wouldn't be needing the high doses they prescribe. The responsibility of the patient is to be attentive to the dose size and scheduling and to inform the medical support team of the inclusion of the CBD.

CBD will help reduce inflammation, not an insignificant thing, considering what your husband's body must be dealing with. As you can imagine, most of that reduction is going to take time. Many patients see some instant relief, but CBD is best thought of as a long-term treatment. It works at the cellular level to adjust the signaling and cellular expression. There are obviously many other things it's doing that we don't yet understand, but instant pain relief is the chore of the big guns, THC.

THC will stop the pain at three different levels in the body. THC will signal cell apoptosis, that glorious moment when the cancer cell determines to disassemble and go away without damaging any of its neighbors. THC will be the ticket off opioids. A concentrated oil high in THC could be applied directly to the melanoma and make short work of it in 30 days or less, but there are deeper concerns going on in his body that need closer attention.

THC comes with euphoria, and this puts many off, but let me assure you, CBD can be used to mitigate those euphoric responses, and we have methods of administration that remove the euphoric concerns entirely. We have a number of threads dedicated to much of what you express a desire to learn. Would you be interested in reading them, or would you be more comfortable working here, more one-on-one?

It can be a little overwhelming. Our mission here is to take as much of the stress out of it as we can. Use us. It's what we're here for.

Back
Top Bottom