2 cardholders in same house

i'd go for it,,, but i'm not sure what the legal answer is.... good luck...

As long as its only the 2 of us who have access to the room and only work on our own I dont think there should be a problem so I think we will go for it that way. If anyone else has a definitive answer it would be appreciated, wouldnt want an illegal grow in a legal state.

put your name on 1/2 the plants,,,, and the other card holders name on the other half,,, then fuck em' if they can't take a joke...

I was thinking of having 12 each and having the color coded or labeled in their pots so both of us know which ones are which and only touch our own. Wanted to move to a MMJ state to stay in regulations so I would much rather have it all legit. Anyone married or have roomates in this same situation?

i asked same question on mmma website-michigan medical marijuana association....i came up with varied responses ....grey area but common sense rules!

If you want to be safe, your best bet would be to keep the grows separate, under lock and key in different rooms. A decent work around may be to just set up a veg room and a grow room and keep 12 plants going in each. Would work well with a perpetual harvest where you are putting new plants in 12/12 and harvesting others every couple weeks.

My opinion:

According to my paperwork, as a caregiver you are the only one who can possess your patients plants. On my patients paperwork, they CAN'T possess plants..just 2.5 oz.

So I would be careful here. Technicalities and such.

again, this is just my take on this situation. I am NOT a lawyer, nor do i pretend to be on the internet.

I don't know the legal answer, but I do know people who do this with no problems.

why not ask the people who gave you the card. I am sure there are state regulations on it. But I would say if you both have a license for a certain number of plants, you should both be able to have that number of plants each. having them in a separate locked room sounds like nonsense to me, even color coding them seems extreme. I would bet that if some one comes in the door, your gonna have a legal battle either way though. where you live probably has a lot to do with it as it is all state regulated and you give us no idea where you live so to give a factual answer is impossible.

I think if one of you is a caregiver with the other signed up as a patient, you (caregiver) can possess 12 plants for themselves and twelve for each patient. Each Caregiver can have 4 other patients plus themselves. Total of 60 in one place. Keep it under lock and key and that should satisfy the law. Caution, this advice is from a stoner, take with a grain of salt and ask an actual attorney.

separate locked grows seems the only close answer but I don't believe there is any accurate info on this - until its adjudicated, just like all the others opaque rules we are living with

Both my husband and I have our medical cards and live in the same house. He is both his own patient and my caregiver. He is the only one who has access to the locked room to tend to the plants. I do not have access to it at all.

the easiest way is for one to be the caregiver and the other the patient. still 24 plants and 5 oz between you. and no one will ever know who does what to the plants. a patient touching the plants is not against the law. its possession of them. according to the law plants belong to the patient and the caregiver is allowed to possess them and charge for caring for them. the patient can only possess the finished product. If a patient was to have a caregiver and all of a sudden switch his /her card back to NO Caregiver then he / she could go to the caregiver and legally take his / her plants away. (rude)

Back
Top Bottom