Grow Room Consultation

I seen consultants in craigslist for that in Cali. Thought of doing it myself here. I have been a grower, smoker and engineer for over 30 years. Good luck and really check the person out before inviting them into your home.

Legally, it is a gray area. I always wonder if you are better off with a stranger in these circumstances. Most crimes are committed by someone that knows you. Hard call.

Plenty of advice on this site if you want to tackle it yourself.

You can always keep the room a secret to contractors and just give them pieces of it to do, the stuff you cannot do yourself.

I would start off with a basic design and present it to the site. Fellows will look at it and give you pointers. Ask lots of questions and wait until you are happy with the design. Then you can calculate the materials you need and schedule the work to be done.

All great projects have a plan and a schedule. The schedule keeps you from doing work out of order.

Where you at in michigan?

I am in detroit and know of a few 420 safe contractors and electrical guys or i can do my best to walk you through setup ventilation etc via the web .

I work w/ a buddy south of Kazoo. He's a 420 HVAC man and provider. I helped set him up, been growing a long time. Can walk you thru no prob. What equipment do you have, what style of grow do you plan, how much space you have, your own or rented. Have you read any books that include at least a chapter on setup? Have you grown anything else? You won't be able to PM till you hit 50 posts so get to it....

Lol, yes sir. I'm now a legal MMJ patient of MI. I'm just waiting for the paperwork to reach me. I rent a one bedroom apt. My grow light is only 50 watts. I get my plant to begin to sprout and then it becomes spindly. I don't get a good root ball on them at all. I don't overwater but am wondering if my grow light is sufficient for my plant(s). I also don't know how close to the plant the grow light should be. Do you know the answer to that? The other thing is that I wanted to know (bc this was not explained to me), do I have to buy the marijuana from the dispensary every time I need some? The reason I ask is bc I'm disabled and my funds are very limited. I wanted to visit the local dispensary and ask these questions but have been unable to find out how to contact them. Could you explain how the medical marijuana process works? It's driving me nuts. I thought the certification clinic Dr would be able to point me in the right direction but I guess my hopes were too high (no pun intended). Any info you could give me on my questions would be deeply appreciated. I'm sick a lot and have limited access to the web so it makes all of these things more complicated. Thanks for your time!
barbaraj12

Sorry TS BOSS-1 You have the Greatest TOOL for all that Right here at 420- Go thru some of the blogs,or posts and you will amaze yourself as to how much $$$$ you can save by doing it yourself-If you have the equipment,don't you have any friends that work construction?? I would start there. Good Luck
"One Man Gathers What Another Man Spills"

Usually if a plant gets spindly and falls over it's not getting enough light....What kind of light are you using? Hope it's not an incandescent light bulb--they won't work. You should be using CFL curlicue bulbs for your situation. You want cool lamps early on and warm lamps for flowering. One 27 watt ecobulb should get you started, add more as the plants gets bigger. CFL's should only be a few inches away--put your hand between the plant and lamp. If it's hot raise the bulb.

You also want some air movement to help the plant get strong. Not a hurricane just some gentle movement to help keep it short and dense. Also if it is too hot the plant won't do well--over 85 has definite impact on growth.

Always start multiple seeds since roughly 50% are male and no good for meds. Start the seeds in good light seed starting soil and don't overwater. Let them dry out before the next watering encourages more root formation. The roots are what supports the top later on....Won't need any fertilizer for a week or two. If you need meds, you go to the dispensary and pay whatever the going rate is, otherwise you grow your own. You can possess up to 2.5 ounces at one time I think, you don't have to go every day...can buy from a gram up to the limit each trip to the store. Where in MI are you, maybe could arrange for a clone to help get you started. Have you read any books--library should have something there near you. They will even deliver to you. or start a book club w/ some friends to offset costs. I could recommend a few. Most Borders carry a good selection in the Gardening section. I'm working on a book for people in your situation.....little experience, limited funds, low tech....keep it simple. When you get your post count up to 50 you can PM personal message other users here, start posting, even if you are just saying hi on other peoples journals. You should look around in the soil growing forum, paying attention to CFL grows. I will send some your way.

What kind of meds are you looking for? What are your symptoms? That will determine what you should grow. Some dispensarys sell clones as well--the going rate should be around 20bucks. They should be able to point you in the right direction toward med selection/strain. Try some out to see how it works before starting the plants. Remember every thing you try, you always learn something. Failure is learning too.....grow this thread.

Hey guys sorry for the late reply but I got everything set up, it was fairly easy although I did have some help. I currently bought some clones from someone off craigs that seem to have had some probs along the way so I am trying my best to keep them healthy.....I wish I wouldve waited and inspected them before purchasing them but its to late now....

:high-five: TSBOSS1 I'd check CL but like you said, finding someone you can trust is a big deal. Second, if you read the posts here at 420magazine you'll have more than enough info on setting up your own grow room.
Some of the people who volunteered to help me wanted $200 to set up a grow-mind you that's labor not the grow part. Lastly do you really want anyone else, besides God to know where you're growing? No.
Barbarj12 have you been to a local dispensary? Ask them for samples and if they know of anyone who can help with your meds. There was a post (somewhere) where local growers donated 10% of their bud (not the scrag either , what I've been smoking waiting for my babies)to local dispensary for those who have money issues. Hey most of us are one, two paycheck's from the street so if it's there why not. Lots of problems with this as people are people, like making money. Yet if we've got extra we should give to those who don't. Got off track, but id check out there, most of the operators are good people and want to help.
Good luck, check this site —visit sponsors too it helps pay the bills and you should be able to have a good harvest!
:420:

Back
Top Bottom