A Mass Email sent by MIchigans Attorney General

ezmeds

MIchigans attorney General and a bunch of his Anti Marihuana cronies are again trying to add several ammendments to Michigans Medical Marihuana Act. They want to make it so any MJ in your system while operating a motor vehicle is a crime....No not just while we are medicated but any in your system period. If you medicate should you have to wait 30 days before you can drive to the grocery store??? As long as we are on the vehicle part, they want you to have to transport it in a case and locked in the trunk. If I go to the pharmacy and refill my Oxycodone would I have to do this with my pills???? NO! They also want to ammend the act to change it so that ANY felony conviction, not just drug crimes would prohibit somebody from providing care under the caregiver provisions of this act. If you took a joy ride as a 17 year old kid and got a felony case for it 30, 40,50 years ago you are forever labeled a piece of shit in their eyes and are incapable of providing compassionate care for the rest of your life. We Michiganders need to contact our State Senators,Representatives and the Governer. Tell them that this constant butchering and ammending of a law that we the people of the State of Michigan overwhelmingly passed will not be tolerated. Here is a copy - paste of that mass emailed letter.

Dear Friend,
This time of year is normally reserved for family get-togethers, holiday traditions and thankfulness for the blessings that God has bestowed on us throughout the year.

Unfortunately, Marihuana extremists have announced that this is the time of year they intend to recruit one hundred "Weed Warriors" to sign recall petitions. These "Weed Warriors" are not happy that I have chosen to enforce the law and uphold the Constitution. In other words, do the job I was elected to do. So I thought this was a good time to inform you of exactly what my office is doing with regards to this issue:

In cooperation with the Macomb County Prosecutor, my office has brought criminal charges against a doctor who certified hundreds of patients for the marihuana program without ever seeing or speaking to them, as well as the appliance store owner who sold those certifications out of the back of his hardware store.
I supported the efforts of the Board of Medicine and the Board of Osteopathic Medicine who, in cooperation with the Michigan State Medical Society, have promulgated guidelines on what is considered a "bona fide physician-patient relationship" under the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA).
I filed an Amicus brief in a case recently decided by the Court of Appeals holding that the sale of marihuana from one patient to another is unlawful. The ruling in that case echoed the concerns of law enforcement, and helps clarify that the MMMA is narrowly focused to help the seriously ill — it was never intended to create a marihuana free-for-all.
Just to review, here is what the court ruled in this case (known as the McQueen Case):
The MMMA does not legalize marihuana.
The MMMA authorizes marihuana use only in "very limited circumstances."
The "medical use" of marihuana does not include the sale of marihuana.
And, the MMMA does not authorize marihuana dispensaries.
In cooperation with Secretary of State Ruth Johnson, my office brought charges of election law violations against a dispensary owner who offered free marihuana in order to entice customers to register to vote.
And, I announced a cooperative effort with leaders in the legislature, law enforcement officials and members of the medical community, including the head of the Michigan State Medical Society, to close loopholes in this poorly-crafted marihuana law — loopholes that are being exploited by criminals and disingenuous profiteers.
A number of bills designed to amend the Marihuana Act will be up for consideration. Let me highlight two in particular:
One, you should not be operating a motor vehicle with marihuana in your system.
And two, felons should not be caregivers. (Currently, only those convicted of drug-related felonies are prohibited.)
The bottom line is this:
Dispensaries were never mentioned in the Medical Marihuana Act language. No one intended for there to be pot shops and dispensaries next door to churches and schools.
The Medical Marihuana Act has more holes than Swiss cheese. It is badly in need of clarification and reform, and I look forward to working with legislators, doctors and law enforcement to craft common sense reforms.
This law was passed by voters because they had compassion for those who are terminally ill, or suffering from serious issues such as glaucoma. We need to bring the law back to what voters intended.
My wife and I are thankful for many blessings this past year. The encouragement and friendship from supporters such as you are among the blessings we are very grateful for. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Bill Schuette
Attorney General

What an arse! We the people, users of MM will help defeat this scumbag next election and yes we'd better because he was also the head dude of the anti MM in our great state prior to legalizing of MM. Any thoughts Michigan?

I totally agree. We need to get this "Jackass" out of office.I hope we all can get together and do this.Lets go Michigan stop this now before it is too late.:peace:

The "job he was elected to do"...isnt that exactly what he isnt doing? A law was passed by his voters and here he is trying to muck that law up so much just so he can (my opinion) keep his biggest contributers (alcohol) giving him money. Too bad MJ didnt have the great big wallet that say budweiser has. It is all about who is putting more money into ol farmer bill's pocket. I will be voting ol farmer bill out of office first chance i get.

Back
Top Bottom