Hello from Michigan

michiganrules

just wanted to start a topic in here since its been over a year for a new post so if your from the state or even if your not come on an say hello..

since a lote of the medical sites for here just offer name calling and arguments, censorship i thought i would check out the 420 agian been a while for me but hope to make new friends...

Im not into name calling,debates or politics,just want to share info and learn more about the whole process.Im working on becoming a caregiver and want to learn more about the laws.Im also new to growing,have lots of questions and could use some tips.

I see I am late to the party,I was getting ready to post but I have good meds and it took a while:)

Michigan is a great place and even better now that the patient community has partial permission to grow a plant.

I have read a lot about medical patients/care givers getting busted in MI over small details so be very careful with growing outside.It will only take the smallest detail left unchecked by the grower to get busted and denied administrative defense.

I have even heard of folks not getting to mention to the jury that they are a registered patient for medical marijuana.Isnt that a bunch of sh^&!!!It is like denying someone their right to freedom of speech in order to obtain a conviction. Do I sense an appeal??

I can babble on and on about the wrongs that the government commits but.....Its just Michigan for ya....The Great Lakes State:):):)

I'm happy to say I welcome all the Michiganders to 420 mag and if you have any questions I'll be happy to try to answer as well as a lot of others on here will also

Mid-Michigan patient here, cheers to all and as always FTP. ;)

I am on the south east side of michigan about 30 miles above detroit directly.
I have been involved in a club since 2009 when the MMP was activated here. We did protests, we did public meetings, private events, and we had our ups and downs. Many people arrested were due to the ignorance of the law sure, but at the beginning - there were no case laws or supreme court rulings on different details of the Act - it was wild in the beginning.

I think we had hoped for patient to patient transfers, but its not legal. I know many clubs risked a lot to host farmer's markets - as it was an idea for everyone to 'profit' not just 'big shots'.

I think michigan has come a long way since 2009, but still some cities are not friendly. We begin another year, ready to protest city council meetings - over the renewal of 'city ordinances' that prohibit 'clubs or organizations from meeting, where a person could acquire marijuana'. - We cannot meet at public libraries because of these ordinances, it is about freedom of speech.

I also saw alot of bad politics, politics of exclusion, politics of greed. I saw once trustworthy people, succumb to greed. Fast money, was a fast track to forfeiture and jail.

I am a patient and a caregiver. I see marijuana as medicine that saved my life and others. I see pills and big pharm as a corporation with a focus on the bottom line, not what is right. I see law enforcement groups built around forfeiture - the drug war.
I also saw people destroyed by drugs and alcohol - the wrong drugs.

I am kind of leery of joining 'another' forum - most are taken over by a few people who try to dominate the forum with their politics and beliefs in how things should go. I am hoping for a forum of many voices, and people who know that one cannot know everything about growing or cannabis. I hope for a forum free of politics and conspiracies - it is about the plant.

DN

I'm not from MICHIGAN...lol. Doesn't matter where u live or what country/state your from IMHO as AWARENESS to MJ/products is worldwide. Opinions are not for arguments, but should be respected and valued just as you want your thoughts/ideas....even if they don't know any better because of lack of knowledge. For me 420 is home & I like the peeps :welcome:

Peace, Love & Pancakes

I am from Kalamazoo, Michigan. I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and am looking for HIgh CBD strains to treat my gastrointestinal disorder. Smoking, either a joint or a vaporizer does not seem to treat my gut area; and I do not necessarily want to get high [anymore]. Eating it seems the sensible thing to do but I need to start with a very low dose.
There are no dispensaries in Kalamazoo. The ones in Battle Creek are often closed, which sucks as I would have to drive clear to Grand Rapids. It seems that most of the high CBD strains that I need to try are on the West Coast or in Colorado. How do I get, or grow what I need here without breaking any state laws? {transporting across state lines and such} Is there any dispensaries near me that I can at least get a really good start on my needs with just one trip? Thanks for your help and expertise.

Back
Top Bottom