Growing Medical Marihuana in Michigan

PRBloodeyes

Growing Medical Marihuana in Michigan

Your best source of information on the Michigan Medical Marijuana law is directly from The Michigan Department of community Health or the MMMA.

First, you will need to be a Caregiver or patient without a Caregiver. You must have applied to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program with a doctor's notice. Your Medical Marihuana ID will state if you are allowed to possess plants.

Next, I am assuming you have the right equipment. There are lots of new stores in Michigan where you can get your supplies from supplements to hydro equipment.
After you have set up your grow room, it must be lock! The only person that should be able to access it it's you. If any other person can walk in to your room or gain access then it is not secured, period.
A sign should be place in all the entrance of your grow room.

You can grow up to twelve plants per patient, so if you are a patient and somebody else caregiver you can grow twenty four plants and so on. NOW! Each 12 plants need to be grown in a different locked facility. The caregiver may assist up to 5 patients. That is 5 patients plus you = 6, times 12 plants per = 72 plants max.

Now grow safe, and good luck!

Outdoors:
Marihuana plants grown outdoors are considered to be in an enclosed, locked facility if they are not visible to the unaided eye from an adjacent property when viewed by an individual at ground level or from a permanent structure and are grown within a stationary structure that is enclosed on all sides, except for the base, by chain-link fencing, wooden slats, or a similar material that prevents access by the general public and that is anchored, attached, or affixed to the ground; located on land that is owned, leased, or rented by either the registered qualifying patient or a person designated through the departmental registration process as the primary caregiver for the registered qualifying patient or patients for whom the marihuana plants are grown; and equipped with functioning locks or other security devices that restrict access to only the registered qualifying patient or the registered primary caregiver who owns, leases, or rents the property on which the structure is located.

Section (d) in the official legislation. Here. And his thus been in effect since 2008. Make sure you read up on ALL local laws and legislation before you do something that is against state law and changes the legislation for the worse. Regardless of what the police try to do, they are breaking the law themselves by unlawfully arresting someone that is following the law. Your best defense is knowing the law. Most police do not keep up on the legislation about the MMMA, it is your job to know what is legal and not. I keep 3 copies of the legislation laminated and stapled around my facility(inside and out) and replace it when something changes. Small price to pay to be up on what I can and cannot do.

The Michigan Department of community Health theirs not much info from the State most time they just tell you ask a Lawyer before you grow cannabis

Thats my opinion

Here's what you can do in Michigan if you have a valid MMP card.

1) You can possess up to 2.5 oz in a locked container or locked in the trunk
2) You can grow up to 12 plants for yourself or you can designate your 12 plants to a licensed caregiver to grow for you. This requires sending an application along with a fee to the State.
3) You can become a licensed caregiver and then grow 12 plants each for yourself and up to 5 other people (72 plants max)

There's no law allowing dispensaries to operate, although there are many scattered through out the state. A lot of gray areas in the law, which has caused different reactions in different communities by law enforcement.

Thanks for the reply

Imo theirs A lot of gray areas in the law because of Leo or the Courts it sure isn't gray because of the People do you think ?
Here's what you can do in Michigan if you have a valid MMP card.

1) You can possess up to 2.5 oz in a locked container or locked in the trunk
2) You can grow up to 12 plants for yourself or you can designate your 12 plants to a licensed caregiver to grow for you. This requires sending an application along with a fee to the State.
3) You can become a licensed caregiver and then grow 12 plants each for yourself and up to 5 other people (72 plants max)

There's no law allowing dispensaries to operate, although there are many scattered through out the state. A lot of gray areas in the law, which has caused different reactions in different communities by law enforcement.

It's due to how LEO wants to interpret the law in some areas. Areas like Lansing, Detroit, Jackson, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, and maybe a few others have decriminalized possession so they are not so bad. Other areas are having harrassment issues and worse because LEO doesn't like the MMP laws.

[video=vimeo;60272365]
[/video]Thanks again for the reply i can understand Leo doesn't like the Law as it was written back in 2008 imo cannabis was legal for a short time medically to be used until our case made it to the high Court and then shit hit the fan even after the case got dismissed inn 2009 things got way out of hand when patient and caregivers started to find out they couldn't use their cards in Court to tell a jury

What kind of Law is the Law 1 of 2008 when you can't tell a jury the truth ?

It's not the People or law's intent that is the problem. It's law enforcement's efforts to find ways around it. Recently there were 3 more cases thrown out by the Michigan Supreme Court due to LEO wanting to enforce charges for activities that are permitted by valid card holders.

Even when LEO loses in court, they frequently win due to the expense of legal representation and civil forfeiture laws.

Edit: P.S. Oakland County is one of those areas I was referring to. It appears from your screen name that you may have been one of the targets of this. I find this kind of behavior by LEO and area prosecutors to be predatory and illegal.

Recently there were 3 more cases thrown out by the Michigan Supreme Court due to LEO wanting to enforce charges for activities that are permitted by valid card holders... was one of them about a posted note ? if so i was at her case and she plead guilty

Good for you i here that often from people like i live in Flint or i live in a county that supports cannabis use for medical reasons and Imo thats why Leo is running a foul because people won't support each other

Do you remember the Lansing 7 ?

I had heard about that one, although I had not heard the final outcome.

I'm glad I'm in the Lansing area.

Recently there were 3 more cases thrown out by the Michigan Supreme Court due to LEO wanting to enforce charges for activities that are permitted by valid card holders. ? which 3 case's ?

One was up north, involved a woman who was also facing civil forfeiture. She's the one that stated LEO even took her vibrator. The other 2, I just researched. Unfortunately, they weren't dismissed in their entirety. Some portions dismissed, others the courts are allowed to continue on.

Still, the point is that despite the MMA, many people are still facing prosecution. At the same time, in other jurisdictions, things that are tolerated seem to be getting people in trouble in Oakland County and a few other areas around the state.

Edit: Marijuana Defense Law, Criminal Defense Law, Divorce Lawyer | Grand Rapids, MI | Bruce Alan Block, P.L.C.

I found this. It was twisted a bit in the Free Press a while back. After reading the case from first page to last, this isn't any real victory. About the only thing it says is you need to have all your ducks in a row if you want to claim immunity through the MMA. The rest sounds like a victory for the prosecutors.

Edit #2: Sticky note case Marijuana Defense Law, Criminal Defense Law, Divorce Lawyer | Grand Rapids, MI | Bruce Alan Block, P.L.C.

I find this to be a travesty of justice ...

Sticky note case

09/29/2015 CHS 333.74012D3 DELIVERY/MANUFACTURE MARJ.
09/29/2015 SENTENCED - CONVICTED BY PLEA G
09/29/2015 SERVE DAYS JAIL, BEGIN 09/29/15 CREDIT FOR 1 DAYS.
09/29/2015 PROBATION FOR 011 MONTHS

this is rob tuttle his next court date
next court date is dec 10th at the 1200 bld.
i tired of checking in with JAMS under the governments thumb every damn day.

Things like this are not what we voted for in 2008. I'm hoping the 2016 election will be the "year" and the "MILegalize" petition is one that prevails. It would be another nail in the coffin of prohibition.

Best of luck in Dec.

This is my own opinion its to early to tell but i feel the Bills will not pass because of the Taxing of medicine / Cannabis no other State has done it on medical marihuana

Try googling Marijuana with an H instead of the J you will learn more about Cannabis use for medical use thats what i did back in 2008

Thanks for all the reply it really means a lot to me knowing people like you and me are still out their

Back
Top Bottom