New card holder MI questions while I wait

Bud Dancing

1. I much prefer edibles like gummies to smoking. I have scoped out a few reviews of metro Detroit dispensaries and all the reviews talk buds, and have only found one mention of edibles. Something about "I wish they still carried edibles. Are edibles available and reasonably easy to get in various forms?

2. Do dispensaries sell oils for vaping?

3. I do a bit of hunting and own a shotgun. Will I need to store it outside my home? The stuff I read about MMJ and guns mostly related to concealed weapons and shooting someone while having a card. I only want to shoot a pheasant or two in South Dakota once a year.

4. I read caregivers might be the way to go because they have better selection. Also, they help you get started growing. I'd prefer to buy what I need and be done with it. I don't want to grow but maybe they have access to better edibles. Is a caregiver in MI the way to go?

5. Caregiver and privacy. I prefer my family not know I have a card. Are caregivers extremely discrete or do they need to come by the house and meet the wife and kids? If so, I would need to use the dispensaries (unless having a caregiver is required).

Thanks for any replies for experienced Michigan card holders.

1. Michigan has basically 'banned' Edibles, Concentrates, Tinctures, and basically anything that isnt flower. I beleive there reasoning was 'we dont really know how much marijuana is actually in an edible' or some BS like that... basically flower is the only thing considered 'usable marijuana' by the state. but on that note, state dispenseries arent realy 'legal' either... I think you could find them in Detroit with the number of Safe Transfer points (another way to say dispensary) there are around, but I live near Muskegon, so ive never been to any that direction
2. they might, but if not there are tutorials on making your own. if your doing your own grow, Id set aside some sweet leaf and give it a shot.
3. Your an American (I assume,) so you got your 2nd amendment rights! I wouldnt keep them IN your grow room or anything like that, and im sure there are some guidlines via the state.
4. it depends on the Caregiver. there is no set standard for the patient/Caregiver scenario, so its between the patient and the grower. Legally the caregiver grows FOR YOU, at their location, and only they can access the grow... kinda shitty that you cant legally help trim 'your' plants. if you are a caregiver for yourself or another, there are plenty of people that will help you get set up, but for a price most of the time. YOU CAN HAVE A DESIGNATED CAREGIVER AND USE DISPENSARIES AS WELL. Im my own caregiver, and I still go to dispenseries if I need to. theyre just hard to find a good one, and once you do, at least in my neck of the woods, dont have your heart set on them staying open for more than a year. of course it all depends on how its run too. if the owner is selling edibles, BHO, hash, or is doing something else shady, theyre more likley to get closed if raided. now if you only sell flower, stay in guidlines to the best of your abilites (kinda hard with the grey area they are in), and are doing things 'okay' in the states eyes, they may just fine you.
5. once again, dependant on the caregiver. remember, CAREGIVERS ARE PEOPLE TOO! some will be in it to get all they can from "your" plants, and charge you 10-15g for what you get. some will give you X amount a month, and whatever you need aside from that, you buy at a discounted price. some will dissapear once the paperworks done. some will give you enough to get you through the month for free, just bc they want to help people and they appreciate the help the overages give them.

this is the problem with being a medical state, Legal marijuana in america is a pretty new thing for most people... its just gonna take some time for things to get smoothed out....fingers crossed!
:goodluck:

No Problem Bud! yeah its fairly easy once you understand how it works for the most part. When I first got my card about 3 1/2 years ago I had a hell of a time getting any halfway educated answers to my questions lol It really bugs me Michigan hasnt gotten the edible problem hashed out along with the... well, hash issue lol not only that but creams, rso, etc. I cant believe that we are a medicle state but that we have the most effective medical products banned because... well hell I have no Idea why... Friggin state makes me wanna... grrr Time for a smoke break :lot-o-toke: :roorrip: :tokin:

I received a message from a friend that lives near Detroit..he works in the city. Detroit has a new ordinance that says NO oils, edibles...he says it's disappearing. He did find a bit of wax, but that's about it. So, no oils or edibles in Detroit whatsoever at this point! Really sucks for those who don't particularly like to smoke. Anyone know if the full rec proposal will make it to the ballot? Heard probably not? Not sure what's up in our state, other than it's in a medical mess right now and we need some new foundations laid, or, at least, revisited. Keep up the good fight! We'll get there eventually!
I wanted to edit this to let you know that you may still find the vape oil in the Lansing area....last I checked, they still had it. Not sure for how long...there's a good center there too...family owned...look for it if you get that way! It's called simply KIND. You can find them on Leafly.com. Helpful site if you are new and checking things out! Congrats and enjoy! Welcome to the fold :welcome:

I wanted to edit this to let you know that you may still find the vape oil in the Lansing area....last I checked, they still had it. Not sure for how long...there's a good center there too...family owned...look for it if you get that way! It's called simply KIND. You can find them on Leafly.com. Helpful site if you are new and checking things out! Congrats and enjoy! Welcome to the fold :welcome:

MMJ Doctor recommended the dispensaries in Ann Arbor as many of them have a full line of edibles and oils. I checked online and there are a few very nice ones there I will check out. As soon as I am eligible, I'll stock up each month in-case the state also cracks down on those dispensaries.

I only like smoking recreationally, but for medical benefits without the smell and health risks of smoking I would do edibles - and some vaping.

Saw Doctor June 29th, card came today July 21. I was just pulling my paperwork together to use as a temporary license 21 day license and I checked the mailbox and there. I figured it would be another 2 - 4 weeks to get the card.

Tomorrow off to Ann Arbor to stock up on Gummies and other stuff.

What is the limit to what you can buy per month and how do they track it?

There are some good dispensaries in Ypsilanti as well. Detroit has its own ordinance for dispensaries. I am surprised that edibles are leaving the shelves, but the people that started these businesses don't want to have the D-town license taken away I suppose. I would definitely check out Ann Arbor and Ypsi for sure.

I received a message from a friend that lives near Detroit..he works in the city. Detroit has a new ordinance that says NO oils, edibles...he says it's disappearing. He did find a bit of wax, but that's about it. So, no oils or edibles in Detroit whatsoever at this point! Really sucks for those who don't particularly like to smoke. Anyone know if the full rec proposal will make it to the ballot? Heard probably not? Not sure what's up in our state, other than it's in a medical mess right now and we need some new foundations laid, or, at least, revisited. Keep up the good fight! We'll get there eventually!

I read yesterday that nothing has made it to the ballot. There were not enough signatures for any of the proposed bills. Check this out. Bummer and ok at the same time I suppose. My brother knows a larger grower and apparently the the Mi Legalize group had a company set to come in and grow commercially. NO THX!! Get a card and start growing! I just started this endeavor a year ago and I'm not turning back at all. I feel that people can make their own wine, craft beer, etc, why not grow my own weed? There is no difference! I may get reefer madness tho.....

Back
Top Bottom