Michigan Marijuana Bills 2016

Gaffle

Well the house and Senate have finally passed some bills connecting to the MMMP. These are set within the MMMP program and you must have a medical card to purchase anything. This is NOT a recreational initiative! Read bills 4209 and 4827.

Bill 4827 creates a state wide monitoring system. Every aspect of MJ will be tracked with this system, seed to sale.

Bill 4209 sets parameters to allow businesses to grow, process, transport, test, and sell MJ. Each business has its own license (there will be 3 licenses to be a grower, 1-500, 501-1000, and 1001-1500 plants). So this bill set up a 5 part plan.

Grow license
Process license
Transport license
Testing license
Dispensary license

No one person can own, or be affiliated with, 2 licenses. So a grower cannot transfer their own product anywhere. A commercial truck must be hired to transfer any product, flower or processed.

This also states that a municipality may allow whatever ever they may choose. A municipality may choose not to host anything. An ordinance must be made and they all could be different.

This sets up to not be a monopoly, that's good. This may drive up price, that's bad. This may also lower price for suppliers of flower and wax, etc. When you buy from a dispensary your cost now covers the growers fee, transportation fee, and the dispensary fee. Everyone must make a buck.

I don't like this whole system, especially the transportation gig. That seems like an extra fee that a grower or processor could take care of easily. This does set up the pathway to recreational.

We shall see how it goes, Snyder has not signed yet.

Am I misunderstanding or missing something here, to me it seems like this makes this more complicated for dispensaries and practically impossible for caregivers.

How do they plan to put into affect a law that prohibits a person from facilitating as a caregiver? It seems to me that the act of being a caregiver is growing, processing, transporting and possibly some testing as needed to meet the needs of the patients.

Sent from my HP Slate7 Extreme using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Am I misunderstanding or missing something here, to me it seems like this makes this more complicated for dispensaries and practically impossible for caregivers.

How do they plan to put into affect a law that prohibits a person from facilitating as a caregiver? It seems to me that the act of being a caregiver is growing, processing, transporting and possibly some testing as needed to meet the needs of the patients.

Sent from my HP Slate7 Extreme using 420 Magazine Mobile App
You are connecting two completely different fields. As a patient/ caregiver you have other limits such as 12 plants only and 2.5oz max. This would not allow you to run a function medical cannabis business. What the state is doing is issuing licenses so that each individual field is contained to their own operations which weaves into their "seed-to-sale" tracking system. Basically it allows the state to track cannabis as a highly regulated prescription.

So as a patient/caregiver, not too much changes. You can still be a patient and a caregiver to 4 other people and produce that much bud accordingly but you can't set up a dispensary or a commercial grow.

Let's not also forget that these bills legalize dispensaries meaning law enforcement can't just walk into any dispensary in any Michigan city and raid the shit out of it.

In Kent county, we had literally every dispensary raided right before the house bills went into effect.

That was probably all over the place but I have read the literal house bill for the regulation of dispensaries, growers, etc. So if you have any general questions about the bill I should be able to answer them or did you a good answer.

P.S. The only thing that will change significantly is growing co-ops. These bills basically make them uncompetitive in this market. But a lot of cities are cracking down on them either way.

Sent from my Pixel using 420

i confused a lil bit what exactly are my rights as a caregiver and with multiple patients?

Sent from my SM-G930P using 420 Magazine Mobile App

i confused a lil bit what exactly are my rights as a caregiver and with multiple patients?

Sent from my SM-G930P using 420 Magazine Mobile App
You can grow 12 plants ( a plant is anything with leaves, a stem, and a root system) for each patient you have including yourself. You can possess up to 2.5 oz per patient including yourself. If you have patients, you cannot buy from a dispensary (not all will enforce this, but it is true.)

Those are your rights including not being arrested on the spot for having a schedule 1.

Violations of the law are vast, ones that stick out in my head are: 1.All plants need to be in a locked area. A locked area is defined by 4 walls, a roof, and a floor with a locked door. No one but you can have access to this area ( I don't know about patients but I would make it policy for you to only have access. 2. Any cannabis you transport must be in a lock box in your trunk. 3. There is nothing in the act that will allow you to smoke while drive, if you are pulled over while "medicating", you will still get charged as if you don't have an MMMP card.

PM me if you want any more in depth info.

Sent from my Pixel using 420

Back
Top Bottom