Spasms, tics, etc

sungoddess

Anyone deal with these? I get a LOT of muscular spasms since I had my brain surgery... it gets to be very, very tiresome. The MMJ helps a lot, but towards the afternoon (just before dinner) I get so warn out, and I think the fact that I smoke mostly Indicas don't really help the tired effect lol. Also, I have facial tic & I'm having a hard time finding a way to control them. It doesn't help that they increase when I'm tired or stressed, or when I notice them more.

Anyone have any luck/suggestions for this stuff? A method or strain that works better that another? I'm open to options other than just smoking (but smoking is cool too lol).

Hello, have you ever tried a really good hash? I have some peanut butter hash mostly sativa I believe and it is really heavy and relaxing on the body when smoked on top of a nice frosty bowl. You may want to try both mixes though, either a sativa or an indica hash. Hope this helps!

Spasticity, nerve pain, and nausea (along with appetite stimulation) are conditions recognized as legitimate, thus far, by the at least some in the research community. Of course, as you'll no doubt discover, lots of anecdotal 'evidence' exists claiming to aid in everything from anxiety to zygomycosis. As for pain, the picture is less clear. Without taking sides, really, it's safe to say there are advocates and skeptics but lets just leave it at 'whatever works.'
My own experience stems from an accident resulting in both brain stem/spinal cord injury and, to a lesser extent, TBI. Besides pretty significant hemi-paresis, the associated muscle spasticity and nerve pain are a couple of conditions for which med mar seems helpful. As for pain, it seems to help, and at the very least, provides a pleasant distraction which shouldn't be dismissed. The rest of my usage is probably best described as recreational. Hello South Park.
I only mention the above in order to best answer your question. Regarding the first category of specific conditions I've found that cooking seems a good way to go. The 'medicinal' properties are in full effect yet the corresponding 'buzz' is somewhat less. The overall effect is mellower and longer lasting. Pain is more subjective therefor so are the methods of use. For low-level chronic pain, again, cooking works well. For acute, severe pain, it's still hard to beat smoking, especially from a bong. The onset of relief is almost immediate. Finally, a vaporizer sort of splits the difference, with the added benefit of not as much nasty byproducts.
Sorry about the length but it's a difficult question to answer without some context. Hope this helps.

EDIBLES!

Try making some edibles and consuming them when you don't have anything important to get done.

I have found anti spasmodic properties to be effective in reliving spasms for up to a week after the edibles ran out. Anyone have any Pharm. drugs that can tout that?

The CBDs are what helps with this so you may wanna look into a ruderalis strain and or a newer autoflower cross as these should be higher in CBDs than the breed up indoor strains that are most common.

Common Hemp is also high in CBDs so just making non psychoactive edibles will help you. Hemp WILL prove to be more than most for the movement think that it is, only fiber etc. it will eventually prove to be good for many medical uses.

Good Luck!

MN

Spasticity, nerve pain, and nausea (along with appetite stimulation) are conditions recognized as legitimate, thus far, by the at least some in the research community. Of course, as you'll no doubt discover, lots of anecdotal 'evidence' exists claiming to aid in everything from anxiety to zygomycosis. As for pain, the picture is less clear. Without taking sides, really, it's safe to say there are advocates and skeptics but lets just leave it at 'whatever works.'
My own experience stems from an accident resulting in both brain stem/spinal cord injury and, to a lesser extent, TBI. Besides pretty significant hemi-paresis, the associated muscle spasticity and nerve pain are a couple of conditions for which med mar seems helpful. As for pain, it seems to help, and at the very least, provides a pleasant distraction which shouldn't be dismissed. The rest of my usage is probably best described as recreational. Hello South Park.
I only mention the above in order to best answer your question. Regarding the first category of specific conditions I've found that cooking seems a good way to go. The 'medicinal' properties are in full effect yet the corresponding 'buzz' is somewhat less. The overall effect is mellower and longer lasting. Pain is more subjective therefor so are the methods of use. For low-level chronic pain, again, cooking works well. For acute, severe pain, it's still hard to beat smoking, especially from a bong. The onset of relief is almost immediate. Finally, a vaporizer sort of splits the difference, with the added benefit of not as much nasty byproducts.
Sorry about the length but it's a difficult question to answer without some context. Hope this helps.

I don't mind the long answer at all. Actually, I really appreciate the time it took you to write this out. TY

EDIBLES!

Try making some edibles and consuming them when you don't have anything important to get done.

I have found anti spasmodic properties to be effective in reliving spasms for up to a week after the edibles ran out. Anyone have any Pharm. drugs that can tout that?

The CBDs are what helps with this so you may wanna look into a ruderalis strain and or a newer autoflower cross as these should be higher in CBDs than the breed up indoor strains that are most common.

Common Hemp is also high in CBDs so just making non psychoactive edibles will help you. Hemp WILL prove to be more than most for the movement think that it is, only fiber etc. it will eventually prove to be good for many medical uses.

Good Luck!

MN

I had no idea (like most of the country, I'm sure). Thanks!

Anyone deal with these? I get a LOT of muscular spasms since I had my brain surgery... it gets to be very, very tiresome. The MMJ helps a lot, but towards the afternoon (just before dinner) I get so warn out, and I think the fact that I smoke mostly Indicas don't really help the tired effect lol. Also, I have facial tic & I'm having a hard time finding a way to control them. It doesn't help that they increase when I'm tired or stressed, or when I notice them more.

Anyone have any luck/suggestions for this stuff? A method or strain that works better that another? I'm open to options other than just smoking (but smoking is cool too lol).
Yea man I have Tourette Syndrome in my neck and arms. I have had it for like 15 years and I have found heavier Strains like Indica helps a lot and chills me out good...

This helps me a lot . I'm undiagnosed but still going through testing ... getting help takes forever ... but because of my conditions with the spasms , absence seizures , and tics , it's lead into anger issues and depression to the extreme ... almost to the point of "ending" it all but god helps me through it and so does weed . it sucks having do go every minute of every day like this , god bless marijuana

Look for a mixed strain sativa and indica. Afghani haze would be good for body and mind and not wear you down during the day as much as pure indicas. Make it into food and eating them is the best way to medicate.
:goodluck:
Flipper

Back
Top Bottom