Restless Leg Syndrome - It's not a joke

AFFAP

For the last week, I have been suffering from extreme discomfort in my legs, which gets worse at night. Has anyone used medical cannabis to alleviate similar symptoms? I've done research and seen my primary physician about it, and I have an appointment with a neurologist soon. I am 18, and my doctor said he has never seen my symptoms in anyone my age. Any experience or expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

whoever said rls is a joke, has obviously never tried to sleep a night next to me when i am not stoned....for that matter even when i am stoned, i can just sleepwhen im stoned.....rls is misserable.

For RLS symptoms i highly suggest pure to mostly indica's with afghan in the gene's, that should relax the problem. Some random strains to try would be OG Kush, Romulan, Mazar-i-Sharif, Bubba Kush, ATF, Afghan, Afgooey, White Rhino, and other stuff along those lines. :Rasta: It's not a joke though, it can be a pain in the ass and awkward in public too. It's like your waiting for a fix or something, yet your not addicted to anything. It's weird. And this Maui Wowie i'm smoking, I don't think helps. Heavy to pure Sativa's I'de say may be a no no.

zhummingsig.jpg

My little brother suffers from the same symptoms. He's almost 17, do you guys think he would be able to get a rec. without problems? I'm sure if a physician recommended it, my parents would sign it, but they don't approve of illegal smoking at all.

My little brother suffers from the same symptoms. He's almost 17, do you guys think he would be able to get a rec. without problems? I'm sure if a physician recommended it, my parents would sign it, but they don't approve of illegal smoking at all.

Really if his medical record just show's RLS I'm unsure, realistically you should be able to if it's one of the accepted medical use's in your state. If he has another qualified symptom it would greatly help too. Right now my family's coming to the point where them and I know it's going to be legal, luckily they don't care unless I put myself in a 'coma' and don't do any work, they just want to stay safe and unharmed in the end. Lol but I'm all good till I hit the couchlocking Indica's. I don't think your family would want your brother like that, I'de further suggest testing different Hybrids to find what works with his needs. Edit: Like you brother, in my mid-late teens I really had problems with RLS and sleeplessness (aka chronic insomnia). THE PILLS FOR THE ASSOCIATED INSOMNIA I HAD DID HAVE BAD GROGGY SIDE EFFECTS, I FELT HUNGOVER IN THE MORNINGS, WOKE UP WITH A DRY AND NASTY KINDA COTTONMOUTH, AND SLEPT IN LATER AND WAS VERY HARD TO WAKE UP. Oh, can't forget a bit of nightblindness when I took them. I beleive my insomnia was greatly associated to the RLS.

zhummingsig.jpg

i had RLS to the point where i would pace around my apartment for hours each night. I started using an indica strain..afghani, and it allowed me to rest comfortably. so, yes, using the herb will help you. smoke a joint a few hours before you intend to sleep.

i had RLS to the point where i would pace around my apartment for hours each night. I started using an indica strain..afghani, and it allowed me to rest comfortably. so, yes, using the herb will help you. smoke a joint a few hours before you intend to sleep.

I never though of pacing as RLS but I suppose it is, I call it doing laps I do it so much sometimes...

zhummingsig.jpg

it was rls, and i still have it. when i lay down to sleep my thighs and calves feel hot or 'burn'. i either have to keep shaking them as i´m laying down, or get up and walk around. hence the 'pacing'.

I have RLS, and I use medical marijuana for other reasons. Unless it is a VERY strong Indica and or I am VERY tired, marijuana often makes my RLS worse

I know this is an old thread, but i have to share my experience. I have to major medical problems. 1. RLS 2. Insomnia. I got different meds from my doctor. Heavy sleeping meds, that just maxes me anxious over time. When my Rls started it was horrible. My B-friend did not understand/belive the extreme discomfort I was in. So he got grumpy cause i disturbed his sleep. We live in a small space.... So not to bother him, I took a lot of sleeping meds. Was sure this was going to help, but no, my legs was still twitching in unrest. So i took even more sleeping pills, felt very sleepy, but still in my zombie conition I now was in, the legs still wanted to move. I went for a walk, which I should not do in that condition, but I did not want to wake up my partner. I walked around the block severel times, fell a couple of times to due to the lot of hevy sleeping meds i took. After a while my legs felt better and I went to bed and slept.

Next day it was the same problem again. I did not smoke any weed at this time, but my b-friend did. I could see how irritated he was, thinking I was "imagening it". He is a smoker so he nearly forced me to smoke, told me it might help. Reluctantly I took a few puffs, after 20-30 min the crawling feeling in my legs stopped!!! I was so happy, but still wex with my partner who did not belive me.

It also helped with my insomnia. Whenever I get Rls now-i smoke. Totally gone :) I only use the stuff during the evening bfore bed time. To be honest I do not like the high, but this is the best meds for me!!!!

I have had this condition for some years, however, I have never thought to notice if MMJ had any effect. I was prescribed Requip (Ropiniprole) by the same Dr that handles my sleep apnea and now my pulmonologist handles it. Good question though. When you have multiple symptoms, it is difficult to separate out whether a particular thing works for a particular symptom. The requip is a real lifesaver though. As long as I take it when needed, I do not feel any symptoms. But just let me forget it one night and it comes charging back. Good luck to you!

I had RLS over 30 years, and have been treated with all the Rx meds indicated for this disease (carbidopa-levadopa, mirapex, Neupro, clonazepam,requip,etc. Most worked for awhile, and then either stopped working or made the symptoms worse. Now, I still take the clonazepam to help me sleep through the symptoms, and my doctor put me on low doses of methadone. It completely stops the RLS symptoms, but the side effects, both physically and mentally, are making me even more miserable than the RLS symptoms, which is a living hell. RLS is debilitating, it ruins any decent quality of life, makes it almost impossible to work, because it robs you of anything close to enough sleep to function properly. I've tried mmj a few times and it helps tremendously to alleviate the side effects of the methadone.
I've not yet gotten up the nerve to stop taking the methadone long enough to see if mmj would also stop the RLS symptoms, but if I knew of a strain that would do that, I would try it immediately. Unfortunately, my state does not yet approve of mmj use (it may be on the ballot in Nov 2016 - we can hope!), so it would be a risk. The reward would absolutely be worth the risk. Methadone, even in the low dose that I take, has horrible side effects that I would LOVE to never have for the remainder of my life (age 67 now).
If anyone knows of a strain they can recommend, I would be eternally grateful. Thanks

I take Requip 2mg 3 X day and it is a lifesaver. I simply couldn't live if it wasn't for Requip, I haven't found any strain that eliminates the horrible discomfort. Thxs
MM

Back
Top Bottom