Paralysis - Spina Bifida - Spinal cord injury

DJ Paris

H i everyone im newer here i have spina bifida ( use of a wheelchair and leg braces for mobility )and smoke to help my leg spasms and pain. I have been on many meds with some results, but the negatives far our weigh the positives of the meds i have been on.

Just seeing of others are similar that use a wheelchair/braces as well.
:bong:

Hi DJ, I have a spinal cord injury (C8/T1 Incomplete) and have a problem with pretty bad muscle spasticity and neuropathic pain and too much Baclofen makes me dopey. I don't live in a mm state, but am thinking about trying weed to see if it helps my situation. Can you recommend a strain or type (indica or sativa) that I should try? Thanks

Hello kn0w1, I also suffer from excruciating nerve pain due to getting completely run over and use MMJ to relieve pain, spasms, and treat seizures. Try a good indica for narcotic like effect, Sativa for more cerebral, hybrids containing both can help also but you need to experiment to find "ideal" strains.

Thanks for the info Wingman. The pain that I have is like sitting on hot concrete. That's the best description I've heard someone else use. It's constant and some days worse than others. Would indica help this as well, or is it,"Your Mileage May Vary" ? Someone is supposed to introduce an MMJ bill next year here, so hopefully it will pass. Thanks again.

H i everyone im newer here i have spina bifida ( use of a wheelchair and leg braces for mobility )and smoke to help my leg spasms and pain. I have been on many meds with some results, but the negatives far our weigh the positives of the meds i have been on.

Just seeing of others are similar that use a wheelchair/braces as well.
:bong:

Hi DJ Paris,

I would like to start off by saying that I to have spina bifida and understand the intense pain that you are in. I am not in a wheel chair or in leg braces, but i do have severe pain and the many complications that go along with the disease. I have had my medical marijuana card here on the east coast for three years now and have found many benifits. Using medical marijuana has helped relieve me of my pain without having to add any more pills to my all ready extensive regiment. I grow my own medicine and have a strains that have real pain killing properties. Also to add, as you know that the pain from spina bifida isn't just muscle pain but nerve pain as well, that in mind that indica's and sativa's are both benificial. I would reccomend that you hybrid strains (a cross of both worlds). I hope i was of some help and that this can ease some of your pain.
The strains i can recommend to you that help me are the following:

Blueberry
Mk ultra
Strawberry Cough
Bubblegummer
Cheesus
Great White Shark
Chernobyl

:ganjamon:

DJ, PRJ,
i too have Spina Bifida however, mine is Occulta. it is just a pin-hole in the center of my back. i have bumped the area on a kitchen chair-back a time or two, and my legs went numb each time.

i also have Spinal Stenosis, Scoliosis, and two L4-L5 back surgeries; the first, a Single Lamin-ectomy, the second, a Disc-ectomy resulting in Arthritis and nerve damage from my waist to the bottoms of my feet. as i doze off each night; it feels as though i have white-hot needles rammed into the nerves of my legs. my legs start spasms, and jerk so hard that i've almost fell out of my bed.

because of the surgeries, i know before weather fronts are coming because i can't walk, and during Winter, i'm almost down completely. i tried some MJ several years ago, and i was completely pain-free, but i can't get it here. an MMJ Bill is being worked on here, but it hasn't passed yet..i'm waiting though lol.

Hey there I am a mom of a child with spinabifida and hydrocephalus, my son is 5 years old he is only wheelchair bound. Him being 5, I have a hard time trying to understand what he is feeling without proper descriptiona He has a lot of random pains on his insides that cause him to scream and he seems to have a lot of headaches and erections that cause him to cry immensely but the drs seem nothing wrong with it. I am out of Dr medical options and ideas. Is medical marijuana something that I should consider or is he too young? I am open to all options and ideas please and thank you

Back
Top Bottom