Nevada's laws on Medical Marijuana

Waterfall

NEVADA

Ballot Question 9 -- Approved 11/7/00 by 65% of voters.
Effective: 10/1/01
Removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who have "written documentation" from their physician that marijuana may alleviate his or her condition.
Approved Conditions: AIDS; cancer; glaucoma; and any medical condition or treatment to a medical condition that produces cachexia, persistent muscle spasms or seizures, severe nausea or pain. Other conditions are subject to approval by the health division of the state Department of Human Resources.
Possession/Cultivation: Patients (or their primary caregivers) may legally possess no more than one ounce of usable marijuana, and may cultivate no more than seven marijuana plants, of which no more than three may be mature.
Registry: The law establishes a confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients. Patients who do not join the registry or possess greater amounts of marijuana than allowed by law may argue the "affirmative defense of medical necessity" if they are arrested on marijuana charges. Legislators added a preamble to the legislation stating, "[T]he state of Nevada as a sovereign state has the duty to carry out the will of the people of this state and regulate the health, medical practices and well-being of those people in a manner that respects their personal decisions concerning the relief of suffering through the medical use of marijuana." A separate provision requires the Nevada School of Medicine to "aggressively" seek federal permission to establish a state-run medical marijuana distribution program.
Amended: Assembly Bill 453, effective 10/1/01. Created a state registry for patients prescribed the drug by a licensed physician and the Department of Motor Vehicles would issue identification cards. No state money will be used for the program, which will be funded entirely by donations

While NV has a strict, almost impossible-to-comply mmj law, it should be noted that NV voters approved the most liberal, amount-wise anyway, decrim law in the Us (300 grams is a misdemeanor. Only OH is closest w/ 100 gms). There are no dispensaries in NV anywhere. Patients may trade clones w/ each other, trading processed meds is sticky(pun intended). For CA mmj holders it should be noted that a 1912 NV law states that anything you are legally prescribed/recommended in CA you may possess/use in NV so long as your on vacation, not relocating.
For more concise info:
contact NV NORML
Peace

PS full legalization only lost by 6% points in the last midterm election, in NV, BTW.....

if you youtube mmj on youtube

thiers a guy stating that withing this last month thier has been the 1st mmj stores in vegas talking about a 50$ mail away packet to be completed before u consult a doc and he also says he looked for a year for a doc or more saying somewhere near flamingo or rancho was the place but back when i saw it and talked to him he said it wasnt untill march or april but i since lost track

but ive seen him with and without a beard if thats any indication he even once told me the number and ladys name to call for vegas health dept or somthing damn i wish i had that info ima check my youtube account right now

This is not a joke. We are properly licensed by the state of Nevada and the city of Las Vegas. We are a non-profit organization and we open March 6, 2009 in Las Vegas. Go to www.MedicalCannabisConsultantsOfNevada.com to get all the info you need about the program, and then call me directly for help. All the information needed is in the website for people to be able to do it all on their own...we are "transparent" as Obama would say and we encourage you to schedule a free assessment with us as early as possible. We will be in Las Vegas at the corner of N.Rainbow Blvd and Washington Ave. ...Hope the site helps, but if there are any questions AFTER you have looked at the site, then by all means call. We are extremely busy(as we are the first office of our kind to open) so we can only speak to people that have gone to the site to do at least some personal research to understand the processes and such. It will save you time, and it will allow us--(2 volunteers) to work efficiently for the help of all.

Thank you and be sure to send any others needing help to the site...

James Parsons

I got a packet in the mail Las Vegas and they want , I think it was 4 yrs of medical records and of course I don't have any diagnosis here.. I gave up on doctors long ago. I talked with a guy there and told him I'm on disablity does that count? No. Also it was a lot of money, then if I got license I'de be breaking the law to buy it..sign

Back
Top Bottom