NJ is IN

10. New Jersey Senate Bill 119 (175 KB)
Approved: Jan. 11, 2010 by House, 48-14; by Senate, 25-13
Signed into law by Gov. Jon Corzine on Jan. 18, 2010
Effective: Six months from enactment
Protects "patients who use marijuana to alleviate suffering from debilitating medical conditions, as well as their physicians, primary caregivers, and those who are authorized to produce marijuana for medical purposes" from "arrest, prosecution, property forfeiture, and criminal and other penalties."

Also provides for the creation of alternative treatment centers, "at least two each in the northern, central, and souther regions of the state. The first two centers issued a permit in each region shall be nonprofit entities, and centers subsequently issued permits may be nonprofit or for-profit entities."

Approved Conditions: Seizure disorder, including epilepsy, intractable skeletal muscular spasticity, glaucoma; severe or chronic pain, severe nausea or vomiting, cachexia, or wasting syndrome resulting from HIV/AIDS or cancer; amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's Disease), multiple sclerosis, terminal cancer, muscular dystrophy, or inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s disease; terminal illness, if the physician has determined a prognosis of less than 12 months of life or any other medical condition or its treatment that is approved by the Department of Health and Senior Services.

Possession/Cultivation: Physicians determine how much marijuana a patient needs and give written instructions to be presented to an alternative treatment center. The maximum amount for a 30-day period is two ounces.

29 Legal Medical Marijuana States and DC - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

Here we are over a year later and no closer to getting this done. The Repuglican dictators have proven time and time again that they are no closer to being caring, compassionate conservatives than Sara Palin is capable of being this country's President.

Govenor Christy has really put the brakes on here in NJ!! SO disturbing! I have an appointment with a shrink that prescribes it, hopefully my PTSD and Chronic pain will make me eligible. Then the trick is getting into the dispensary, I hear there is a 3 month wait!! :rollingeyes:
I'll let you all know how things go. OH, and BTW, it is now 4 years past the legal date, ridiculous!
Wish me luck!?

Back
Top Bottom