Moving

bob1962

Hey gays & gals I'm getting out of TX and I will only move to a mmj state NM thinking of abq I am a disabled vet so I don't work I have a cronic pain even after surgery in 2002 under workers comp. lived with back pain for over 12 years since my surgery have not had one day without pain. At one time was taking 240mg aday of oxycoton now down to 60mg aday with alot of hard work and friends I find MMJ is better than any drugs the docs want to give me. any way looking to move in July when my lease is up it's just me and my dog looking to rent a house also have 1 grow hydro under my belt came out real good too. but don't want to get busted so moving to a state I can grow. 1 Is it real hard to get a card?
2 What are prices like?
3 How much can I grow?
4 In abq how bad is it living close to the airforce base?

Thank You

Sorry I can't answer all of your questions but if I was moving for mmj, NM and NJ would be the last on the list. Both states have extremely fanatical anti-marijuana governors and have blocked as much of the mmj rights granted the citizens as they can. The strangest aspect of NM law is that you can grow your own, but if a dispensary opens up within xxx feet of your house, then all of a sudden you are operating illegaly, i'd keep on heading west til I saw water if it were me.

Sorry was born & lived in CA, LA like 3 miles from downtown tell my mid 20s I'm not going back & I can't afford living there pluse my family is all around the LA area it might be nice but cost of living on fixed income.
thanks Bro

I can answer your question. I am a military retiree/disabled vet. I also suffer from RSD/CRPS patient,(Chronic Pain). I actively use the VA and the New Mexico MMJ program. I cant speak for the Dispensaries down south but ours are decent. All about what you are use to. If a patient is coming from Colorado or California then I suspect you will be left wanting. I really wish all these MMJ activists would come here to New Mexico. HELP!!!!! Our little MMJ program is under the watchful eye of Gov. Susana Martinez. Who pledged in her campaign speeches that she would do everything in her power to get rid of our MMJ program. We can't even "legally" try Medical Marijuana before we see a doctor and get approved by the state DOH. lol. Guess an answer to your question became a rant but I would say Albuquerque would be your best bet.

It appears the NM program is safe. It has even expanded under Martinez.

It is more difficult to get a card in NM than most other states, that said if you have a qualifying condition it isn't difficult.

you can grow 4 mature and 12 seedlings at a time. Mature/seedling is determined by veg/flower state.

The Base is on the south side of town which is home to some rough neighborhoods, but also some nice ones.

Budleydoright is correct. There are some rough areas by the base. We call it the war zone. I would suggest the NE heights or Rio Rancho.

The program is safe, for now.

We just had the first meeting for the NMMCPA or the New Mexico Medical Cannabis Patients Allaince and looking forward to the next one. We will also have a website out soon. We are all about helping patients and helping the program to continue and improve. We want to increase plant count and possesion limits.

Bob come on out, NM is fine. if you are interested, or anyone for that matter, in joining the allaince please pm me and I will get you some info on the next meeting.

Glad to see my fellow American's fighting for Cannabis!!

Anytime any way I can! :cheer:

As for moving here, when you do please contact me. I am a board member with the NMMCPA or the New Mexico Medical Cannabis Patients Alliance. We are having a meeting tomorrow as a matter of fact. We want all the patients we can get to come.
LOL I even made some Choco Chip Mayzan cookies- Very well medicated cookies - for the meeting. The CannaButter was donated by R Greenleaf Inc one of the LNPP's in NM.

But look me up when you get here. :Namaste:

I have spent several years in NM but have not lived there in the past few, so I have no experience with their MMJ program, but I will say that the cost of living there is about as low as you can get. I like the Las Cruces area more than the Albuquerque area, but you can find good neighborhoods anywhere. I assume you are wanting to be close to a base. There is one on the Las Cruces side of Alamogordo, but between those two towns, I would pick Las Cruces every time. When I was in high school and college there, law enforcement did not seem to care much about people smoking. We got warned a lot, but never busted lol. Best of luck to you in any case! Moving is a pain, but the peace of mind of living in a legal state is worth it.

Hey Folks,

I too am planning on moving from Texas to get good meds for myself as well. I was reading that in California if the doctors prescribe your meds and the amounts exceeds the state law, the state will bend with the doctors to ensure the amount is sufficient to keep you medicated. For example, the amount NM allows for mature and seedlings is not enough for me and this would mean I would have to go retail until my next harvest. I don't smoke or eat but use a paste which requires quite a bit to boil down to make my paste. I think if I were able to fully harvest the 16 plants all at once it would perhaps give me enough to last until the next harvest. I was just curious if NM allows this? I appreciate your sharing.

Back
Top Bottom