More on Magical Butter

How to Make Cannabutter Before Going to Work

So, I made another batch of Cannabutter before work today. It took about 2 hours and ten minutes, including setup and cleanup. Please read my last review to see how easy it is to make butter with this machine!
IMG_012330.JPG

This time I used 56 grams of kief. Last time I used half that amount. I'll go into why I make the cookies so strong later in the review. I threw some butter and kief into the machine, plugged it in and pushed the "butter" button.

IMG_012723.JPG

The butter is dark colored, but not green. The reason it's so dark is simple: There's 56 grams of kief in 2.5 cups of butter! 2 dozen cookies will be made from this.

Done!

So, what about potency? Is this butter any good? Why would anyone want edibles this strong?

Well, here's a ginger snap. The small piece to the right is the dosage for a person who uses high qualitiy medical cannabis each and every day and has a very high tolerance. This small piece of cookie contains over 2 grams of very potent cannabis resin! A casual or less than daily user of medical marijuana would not want to drive after eating that small piece.

IMG_012427.jpg

What about flavor? Well, with this much resin, the cookies are going to taste "funny" when compared to normal cookies. It's not at all unpleasant, especially when you only need to enjoy a small bite. If I made them less potent, which I have done, the taste of the resin is undetectable.

But I like 'em strong, and so I'm happy to have that "exotic" flavor. Also, the resin acts as a preservative, extending "shelf life" of these cookies considerably. Think about this when camping or traveling (legally transporting of course!!!) stronger cookies means you bring fewer, or smaller cookies and they stay fresher. It's another interesting benefit to Cannabis.

With my magical chef preparing the butter at just the right temps, for just the right amount of time, potency is pretty much guaranteed.

However, the main reason for making the cookies so strong is a medical reason. A large dose of potent cannabis has a different physiological effect than small doses over a long time, or even medium sized doses. In this case, the cookies will mainly be used for sleep. Usually, my wife is sound asleep within an hour or ninety minutes after a small piece like in the picture above. For a sleep aid, a large dose works very well. Since doing this, she has not needed any prescription medication and no longer suffers the side effects from those medications.

There are healthy recipes and methods for ingestion of cannabis, but I like to use organic sugar and butter for good old fashioned cookies. Making them extra strong also helps keep the calories down, as you cannot eat an entire cookie.

If you're going to make edibles this strong for the first time, please be extremely careful and absolutely do not put yourself in a position where you must drive or be responsible with money or anything like that! Even people who are experienced with edibles are taken by surprise when they try something this strong for the first time.

The physiological effects of edibles this strong are definitely something to discuss with your physician if you have a heart condition, pacemaker, asthma, COPD or other conditions. If you suffer from low blood pressure, I do not recommend using cookies this strong without consulting a physician.

In closing, this wonderful machine has made my life so much easier! On a morning when I go in late to work, I can make extremely potent cannabutter, which require no more than 10 minutes of my time. The machine does the rest!

^^^
What Doc said. Plus the newer models now include a tincture cycle as well as a few other perks. I got mine last week and made some delicious oil for my brownies--set it and forget it no doubt! Butter will be my next project. I'm not sure how I feel about making a tincture yet, but curiosity will likely be a great motivator for further research.

No more hours of seemingly endless stirring for this guy! :goodjob:

Thanks to Doc Bud, 420magazine, and of course MagicalButter.com for making my life a helluva lot easier.

Hi Doc!
Great reviews on this machine by the way.
Myself and Mcloadie were both curious about making cannabis tinctures with the magical butter machines we've won for MOTM's.
But the instructions that come with the machine are pretty vague.
Can you help us at all buddy?

Hi Doc!
Great reviews on this machine by the way.
Myself and Mcloadie were both curious about making cannabis tinctures with the magical butter machines we've won for MOTM's.
But the instructions that come with the machine are pretty vague.
Can you help us at all buddy?

This was on MagicalButter's website in their recipe section.

"Can I make a non-alcoholic tincture with the MB2 and what can be used in place of butter? Coconut oil? Other oils?

Thanks

Yes use vegetable glycerine 3 parts glycerine 1 part water. 8 grams of mint, parsley etc. per cup. Remove head of machine place, herbs inside, select 160F and 4 hours."

Great review! Adding 1/4 more the recommended dose of vanilla extract or lemon will offset any herb taste for those who don't prefer it

Thanks Gadfly I'll check out the website for some of their recipe's :cheesygrinsmiley:
:high-five:

Great review! Adding 1/4 more the recommended dose of vanilla extract or lemon will offset any herb taste for those who don't prefer it

And thanks Canna my friend,
I'll remember that when whipping up a batch.
:thumb:

I received this for Christmas and I love it. I have made cannabutter by hand for years and now I never have to stand and stir for hours again and I don't have to worry about over/under cooking. The results are amazing. My favorite are ginger snaps also. The ginger and MJ taste blend well together. I agree with your wife on the sleep help. I have had problems with insomnia my entire adult life and I hate the hang over effect of sleeping pills and when I have my gingersnaps or other eatables I can dose about an hour before I want to go to bed and I sleep well and wake up without that horrible feeling. I make mine a bit stronger than most people too but when I have it handy I can take less pain meds no muscle relaxers less blood pressure med and no sleep meds at all........ I have type 1 diabetes, neuropathy and lupus so anything that helps me to take less of the pharmaceutical hodgepodge they have put me on it a wonderful thing......:circle-of-love:

The magicalbutter machine is the greatest contribution the the cannabis community since fire. Generally, I have always been complimented on my baking; now people think I'm a fuggen wizard. The older folks I deal with don't always believe that I use a machine to get my butter so magical.

Maybe I don't compliment as often as I should, but magicalbutter knocked it way outta the park. I could never thank them enough for such a great product.

hey, I ordered one of these last week and am pretty keen to get my hands on it.
I have sufferred insomnia for decades... a vape helps for a few hours but a super strong biscuit portion appeals. I have not had more than several unbroken hours of sleep for decades!
pills are not good for mind, body or soul but our favorite herb does much good holistically!
regards all

hey, I ordered one of these last week and am pretty keen to get my hands on it.
I have sufferred insomnia for decades... a vape helps for a few hours but a super strong biscuit portion appeals. I have not had more than several unbroken hours of sleep for decades!
pills are not good for mind, body or soul but our favorite herb does much good holistically!
regards all

You'll sleep like a baby. Works better than any sleeping pill, and no hangover if you consume about 12 hours before waking.

Anyone heard if the ship date of 5/20 is still valid?I'm tired of stirring and watching me burn up the mix at the end!!
I bought a press and I hope it comes with a few directions.They say 20-30 secs heat then press and freeze for awhile.
All vague enuf.At least I wont be burning up $$$..I'll wait for MB2 whenever it comes!Chopperray

Anyone heard if the ship date of 5/20 is still valid?I'm tired of stirring and watching me burn up the mix at the end!!
I bought a press and I hope it comes with a few directions.They say 20-30 secs heat then press and freeze for awhile.
All vague enuf.At least I wont be burning up $$$..I'll wait for MB2 whenever it comes!Chopperray

I ordered mine on April 15th with the understanding that there will be a ship date of May 1st. I was emailed on April 25th and was told that all orders were delayed because of issues with parts being delivered from the manufacturer. The new ship date was May 20th.

I waited until last week, the 9th of May, and asked if the 20th was a solid ship date as I have Crohn's and need to be sure when my relief is coming. I stated that if they were going to delay me again I needed a refund so I could order one of the readily available units on Ebay or Amazon. I got an email response an hour later from someone stating that Ebay and Amazon are not authorized retailers and to sit tight. Five minutes later I got an email that it had shipped.

Check in with them. I think they are so back logged that the first person to follow up gets what they have in stock.

Mine should be here on Wednesday!

I ordered mine on April 15th with the understanding that there will be a ship date of May 1st. I was emailed on April 25th and was told that all orders were delayed because of issues with parts being delivered from the manufacturer. The new ship date was May 20th.

hello, yes I got the same as above... its been a long wait. I ordered 7th of April. i too am hoping the 20th is still the date... plus another 2 odd weeks to get to Australia. I really want this machine for relief!
I've had to take Valium type pills to get any sleep at all and really look forward to replacing them with sleep cookies!
I'm currently growing kripple roulette and tora bora... 2 varieties known for sleep inducement and am very enthustiac to get started cooking.
my regards

Thanks for the quik reply!I left my "message" on their recorder and I'll call monday during work hrs.And they have come down in price already on Amazon($299 vs.$399 ea.).So for those that must have they are available.Chopperray

Thanks for the quik reply!I left my "message" on their recorder and I'll call monday during work hrs.And they have come down in price already on Amazon($299 vs.$399 ea.).So for those that must have they are available.Chopperray

Do not buy it from Ebay or Amazon. It says right on the box that if you bought from them you have no warranty. Also, Ebay and Amazon are charging $299 for this machine when it is brand new from the manufacturer for $179. They even have an option on the site that if you share their website on Twitter or Facebook, they will take $15 off of the price. That covered the shipping.

You will also most likely get the crappy filter from the MB1 machine and not the 90 micron filter bag that comes with the new MB2 machines that are for sale.

So you may have to wait a little longer but you get a warranty, excellent customer service that will help you with recipes if they do not already exist, a better filter and you will save a lot of money.

Just my two cents.

hello, yes I got the same as above... its been a long wait. I ordered 7th of April. i too am hoping the 20th is still the date... plus another 2 odd weeks to get to Australia. I really want this machine for relief!
I've had to take Valium type pills to get any sleep at all and really look forward to replacing them with sleep cookies!
I'm currently growing kripple roulette and tora bora... 2 varieties known for sleep inducement and am very enthustiac to get started cooking.
my regards

Oh wow. You placed your order well before me, so I would shoot them an email on the 20th if they have not shipped to you and tell them that you want a refund so you can buy one off of ebay. They will most likely bump you up in line and ship you a unit like they did me.

yet another delay! another week. I am very pleased you are getting your machine daelen you obviously need it. on the other hand I personally think it was pretty shabby of mb to place me down the queue.
this mob are looking pretty ordinary and i have canceled my order.
regards

Back
Top Bottom