Racefans Herbalaire H2.1 Review

Racefan

Okay people. All of you know that I recently got and reviewed the vaporgenie and hugegrins vapes. Well I then got the Vapir one V5.0. It was a refurbished unit at half price.($75.00+S/H) It came with a 5 bag kit and 2 whips and several herb diskes thrown in. The first unit devloped a rattle and I sent it back under warrantee. The replacement unit leaked more vapor like a chimney smokes and has developed a rattle as well. It required tons of tape to seal. I'm not the happiest about the Vapir. The only advantage it has over the herbalaire are the bags. The Vapir bags are better quality and don't leak at all.
I talked the wife into a herbalaire H2.1. What a difference. This unit definately squeezes out all the good stuff from your herb. Dense vapor and dual whip/bag use. I picked up a demo model for $20.00 of the retail price. Free shipping. I bought it off one of our sponsors. The Vaporstore. Mack the Marketing & Sales Director is the best! He worked his butt off to help me with my questions. And let me tell you about the shipping. I placed my order on a Wednesday at 2:30pm and it was here at 10:00am Thursday. One day shipping!!! The herbalaire and vapir operate simular wise. Both use a screened herb holder. Vapir calls it a herb disk. Herbalaire calls it a cruciable. The herbalaire is like cheaper volcano in efficiency. They advertise that it will extract vapor from any other vapes left overs. That is definately true when compared to the vapir.
If anyone is interested in a quality Vape I recommend they go to the vaporstore. They sell hand helds like the vaporgenie and a model they make called the vapor tower. Then they also sell the classy well known models like the herbalaire and volcano. Look around at their site.

Volcano Vaporizer System and the VaporTower Herbal Vaporizer - All Vaporizer Accesories

PS. Look for my possible review of the vapor tower in a couple weeks.

Been using my herbalAire for 2 yrs now. Love it. Great customer service too.

The Vapir bags are better quality and don't leak at all.
The Vapir bags cost a fortune. Gotvape sometimes has Volcano bags on ebay-4 boxes for about $18-the best buy I've found. The herbalAire bags are designed to leak (like a safety valve) when full. You just have to pull them off before they get full. Volcano/Toppits bags are thinner and seal better to the connector-no leaking but they'll burst if overfilled. Either way, 'cano/toppits bags or the herbalAire bags-you have to pay attention or you'll get a bag full of air (herbie bags) or a popped bag and a room full of vapor.

I agree that Vaporstore is tops when it comes to online dealers. Always great service and they don't sell any junk.

I agree guys. HerbalAire is the best bang for the buck...hands down.

I don't use the pump and the bags but rather draw it straight with just the teflon mouthpiece extension and a tube. (I have extra units so each person gets their own-more sanitary.) And it makes it more stealthy, no noise!

I also got a liquid pad (surgical stainless steel wool) from Volcano and unfolded it and manipulated it into a form that would fit into one of the crucibles. One must pack it as tight as possible and pack it just below the top of the crucible to work well. This is how I vape hash and hash oil. (I used to waste so much of the hash and oil smoking it or hot knifing...)

If you haven't experienced this yet, you haven't tasted hash or oils as they should be tasted. After more than 40 years of indugung in cannabis and its derivatives, I can personally say this is the only way to enjoy this plant. The best! Your lungs will be happy campers too! :peace::cheesygrinsmiley:

Been using my herbalAire for 2 yrs now. Love it. Great customer service too.

The Vapir bags cost a fortune. Gotvape sometimes has Volcano bags on ebay-4 boxes for about $18-the best buy I've found. The herbalAire bags are designed to leak (like a safety valve) when full. You just have to pull them off before they get full. Volcano/Toppits bags are thinner and seal better to the connector-no leaking but they'll burst if overfilled. Either way, 'cano/toppits bags or the herbalAire bags-you have to pay attention or you'll get a bag full of air (herbie bags) or a popped bag and a room full of vapor.

I agree that Vaporstore is tops when it comes to online dealers. Always great service and they don't sell any junk.

GotVape.com are liars.

They claim "1-5 day air shipping" when it's actually priority mail, which was sent by truck. They also claim the absolute lowest price, or they'll match it. I called them for a price match and they said "that vendor is selling it for less than the minimum allowed price so we won't match it."

hey racefan , nice thread. to be 100% after me and my father read this thread he ordered one online, and we just got it today. i have used volcanos before, well used a friends volcano and they did all the work for me.. but it seemed like the bag filled up pretty white with vapor or at least pretty cloudy... well my h2.1 isnt seem to be that thick of vapor. im curious, where do you guys set your dial? ive been trying 330 area, going up and down from there to find the jackpot of vapor, please let me know, this seems like a brilliant peice, and i want to make sure im using it right.

edit: i just found an herbal temperature table and the answer to the question in my head was, thc boils and vaporz at about 360 degrees F.

but im still curious to where u guys set yours.. also Herbal Aire said not to break up the buds before u vape em, how do u guys pck it? i was following the guide's instruction to the key, but they told me to start at the low 300's and not to break the herb up. how do u guys do it?

leave the buds small but not ground or chopped up and run temp at about 360 to 365 temp. The H.2:1 is billed as the cheapmans volcano by several different vaporizer companies. Matter of fact I'm using mine right this second.:) Big fat bag filled full of vapor!!
Strain and quality of cannabis has something to do with vapor as well. You don't want it wet but not too dry either. More crystals (trichomes) means more vapor. Keep working with it and you'll dial it in really quickly.
If you still have a problem...herbalaire.com can and has been known to help you dial things in. Be discreet with what you say though. Where did you buy your unit from? If the vaporstore calll and talk to mack or Aje. Both are great guys who know a lot about vapes and vaping.

thanks race fan, i did notice turning it around that temp helps, i have been using it prolly round 375 so ill lower it a bit. we did get it from the vaporstore :] aje filled out our order too :] it is an awesome peice and me and the father are going to set it up to fill a bag right now, cheers! :ganjamon:

how full are you filling the cruciables? Don't pack them too tight as air flow through and around the bud is what makes it work right. You bud should have a brown toasted look when done with it and should have a "popcorn" like taste. I've gotten 1 bag to 5 bags from one cruciable full of herb. What made the difference was the trichome amount. One was fuzzy as hell and the other had very few trichs. The more trichs the more vapor.
For a really kick ass whip vape try the vapor tower. WOW! Is all I can say. In between hits you pull the whip off the ceramic element and then when your ready to draw more vapor you put the whip back on and draw. man...I get about 6 super dense great tasting hits this way and use about as much as a crusible holds in the herbalaire. And believe it or not the vaportower is the only vape i've seen that squeezes as much vapor from your herb as the herbalaire does. Nice brown toasted with a popcorn taste. I like it for travel and late night use in the bedroom as it's totally silent. Plus if you buy the aroma therapy bowl you can always pop some essential oil on the heating element after a vape session to hide any remaining smells and to maybe relax some. If you ever decide you need another vape consider the vaportower. I recommend it to all my friends. Don't forget they have a 3 payment layaway type plan too for us broke individuals. Sure made things easier for me anyway.lol

oh that is awesome. the tower does scare me though as it was brought up somewhere i read, alot of glass for the price, and me and the father havent had our harvest yet so throughout our building of the room, the vaporizer, weve spent a pretty penny without anything in return from the glorious plants.

btw, i have had an ebb n flow prob before. and boss said he would refer to you. i take it youre a hydro guy? you should check out our journal :] First indoor grow

Ok RF Im pretty sure what your answer to this question will be, but Ill ask it anyway. Have you ever tried a volcano before? If so How can you compare the herbalaire to the volcano? Is it better? Just as good? Or just a little short of as good? Im looking to invest in a volcano but its too expensive, and my lungs need a break man. So what ya say?

I myself have never tried the volcano but a friend has and he reports that the herbalaire puts out the same quality product but takes a little longer to fill the bags. The volcano bags are top notch as well but that's not as important as the quality of vapor is. Also bare in mind that the volcano is bag delivery only while the herbalaire is both bag and whip. It also uses a air delivery system for whips that makes it possible to use one crucible full of herb over a period of time. By that I mean that you only heat the herb when your drawing on the stem/mouth piece so you decide when to take a hit. Some of the other whips constantly heat the herb which means you either use it ASAP or lose it.
Personally for bag delivery and price the herbalaire beats the volcano IMO. Just as good of a end product for half the price is what makes me think this.
For whip delivery the vaportower is really nice IMO. No fan noises and full full vapor/flavor hits. Plus they offer a payment plan and other accessories no other vape company offers like the aromatherapy bowl or larger party bowl.

Mr RF, I can speak to comparing Volcano and herbalaire. The difference is this, very little.

Of course your dose from a Volcano bag is going to be more dramatic but basically you derive the same taste, the same smoothness. I believe the heat on the herbalaire is harder to control, though some people disagree. The basics are the same just a little different delivery system.

I've had my herbalAire for 18 months now, still working. Us it mainly for derivatives like hash or oil.

Thank you very much Mr. Pinch. Good to know my buddy was basically right on with his assessment. Have you tried upgrading the pump to a more powerful one for faster bag fill on the H2.1? I've heard both good and bad about it. Some says it works fine and some say the heat control can't keep up with the faster air flow.

Mr RF, no, I use the straight draw. Less hassle, less noise. I've always been a KISS man (Keep It Simple Stupid). :peace:

Thank you Vaporstore and Pinch. Yes I have a dual output fishtank pump from my old hydro days that would fill a bag quite quickly. Just not sure if the heater can keep up.
The herbalaire is too hot for me to enjoy the straight draw from it. Others must be saying the same thing as I noticed that Herbalaire.com sells a 6 inch version now. Besides, we bought a vaportower and love it for that purpose.

Ive decided to buy a herbalaire (from the vaporstore) and i thank you for the review. i am wondering though if the pump comes with it or if i need to buy it separate. thanks again in advance

Back
Top Bottom