Using Cannabis To Reduce Or Replace Opiod Drugs

Using Cannabis To Reduce And Replace Opiod Drugs

With the wave of legalization sweeping the country we now find ourselves faced with the medical evidence that cannabis is much more valuable than we all suspected. One of the more recent findings has been its ability to help patients reduce their need for addictive and dangerous opiod pain medications. It's a sad testimony to the state of health care that more people die every year from complications of prescription medications than by any other means, made even more poignant by the realization that we grow and dispense the safest, most beneficial herbal medication on earth, so this frightening statistic was never necessary.

Some statistics shared in the seminar:

* Every day 44 people in the U.S die from prescription painkiller overdose. If you add in heroin deaths that number climbs to 78.

* Over 7,000 people daily end up in emergency rooms in this country from misuse of opiod medications.

* in 2010 one in twenty people in the U.S. Over the age of twelve used painkillers non-medically.

* Between 1999 and 2010 opiod prescriptions quadrupled. So did the number of deaths by opiod overdose.

This is a link to a report to Congress in 2014 on this terrifying national practice of overprescribing opiod painkillers.

Americas Addiction To Opioids: Heroin and Prescription Drug Abuse

Dr Dustin Sulak recently offered an online seminar in the findings he and his associates are seeing in their Mass. practice, where their patients on opiod pain relievers have begun to reduce and eliminate their opiod dose in favor of cannabis. In most cases cannabis is better pain relief with a longer therapeutic window than opioids.

Ironic, isn't it, considering how so many in the medical community still cling tenaciously to the erroneous concept that cannabis is some sort of gateway drug? Turns out, it's the complete opposite. What Dr. Sulak and his associates discovered was that cannabis is the perfect match to an opiod therapy and can be used to great effect to help addicted patients off the dangerous pain meds. He's made it one of his missions to get this message out there, and I'm making it one of mine. I'd hope you'll join me and spread this message far and wide:

You should never let an opiod medication pass your lips without some cannabis.

This dose of THC can be as little as 1 mg. Yes, you read that right - as little as 1 mg of THC, a dose so small that it has no euphoric effect on you, will increase both the potency of your opiod medication, And extend the therapeutic window of that medication. This tiny dose of THC has no ability to effect the pain on its own, but will work synergistically to potentiate the opiods.

This means your opiod medication can be reduced from the start. You should notice immediately that the dose that wasn't hitting the pain may now be too strong. Listen carefully to your body, and if possible, get your primary care physician involved so that change can be closely monitored. Unlike cannabis, opioids come with some nasty side effects, and weaning off them is more safely done under the watchful eye of a trained professional.

You'll want to listen closely to your body to find your minimal effective dose of cannabis, using some sort of "Inner Inventory" to assess subtle changes. Only you know your body. No one else can do this part for you. If you're using a cannabis patch you should dose every four hours to find the minimal effective dose.

You use cannabis for breakthrough symptoms and to reduce cravings. One of the benefits of cannabis is its ability to shift your perception from craving back to rational thinking.

Select CBD:THC ratios to enhance benefits and decrease unwanted side effects (such as unwanted psychoactivity).

- A 1:1 ratio is broadly effective and in general is well tolerated by most people. It makes a good jumping off point.

- Use a ratio of 2:1 or greater if you're also treating Hepatitis C with active liver inflammation or fibrosis.

** Evidence suggests that for this patient population unopposed THC (using a ratio lower than 2:1) will aggravate the situation.

*** Evidence also suggests that CBD will protect the liver in these patients and can prevent the progression of liver disease.

It kind of goes without saying that testing your cannabis products is the only way to be certain of the component profile and know exactly the quality of your medication. Reality points out that testing is still a dream for many of us. At the end of this post I'll leave a list of high CBD strains generously compiled by cajuncelt (and thank you so much for all that work Cajun). Choosing a high CBD strain enhances your potential for hitting the desired ratios.

As you progress along your healing path cannabis can be used to enhance other life-affirming activities like exercise, meditation, prayer, journaling/reflecting, or psychotherapy.

Cannabis can also be used to enhance your sleep patterns. Choose ONLY indica strains for evening consumption. Resist the urge to load up on your favorite sativa for that delightful late-night creative session you enjoy so much while you help your body break the dependence on the opiods. Then you can indulge again. Heal first. Get off the opiods first. Sleep and let your body heal.

That was in my most gentle but still firm mom voice. Did you hear it. :laughtwo:

Most of Dr. Sulak's patients have been able to reduce their opiod dose by 50-80%.

I want to take note here for patients new to cannabis. There's this marvelous two-week window of opportunity when beginning cannabinoid therapy. Your body begins to develop more cannabinoid receptors and acclimate itself to the increase in cannabinoids. The introduction to cannabis should be a careful and methodical thing to gain greatest advantage of this period. I'll be including Dr. Sulak's process for introducing cannabis to new patients.

Experienced cannabis users don't get off easy here. It's recommended you go through Dr. Sulak's Six Day Sensitization Protocol before attempting to wean off opiods to reduce the chance of developing an extreme cannabis tolerance. This process will offer you a number of benefits:

- The tone of your endocannabinoid system will improve.
- Your ECS will up regulate (create more) cannabinoid receptors.
- Your body will create more endocannabinoids, thus reducing the need for more phytocannabinoids. You need less cannabis because your body is making more on its own because you took the hard choice and did the protocol.
- Your body's sensitivity to medications will increase.
- The protocol offers the optimal advantage to opiod taper.

I've done the protocol and I can testify that it works as promised. I cut my cannabis usage in half. It was also one of the most challenging six days I've gotten through, but I survived it. So can you. Keep yourself busy and take advantage of the many free resources Dr. Sulak offers on his Healer site to help you get through.

If you sense yourself building a cannabis tolerance in the future don't hesitate to challenge the dose by putting yourself through the sensitization protocol again.

It's recommended that you switch to an oromucosal dosing with a tincture if your current primary delivery is inhalation. You can get better dosing consistency and enhanced bioavailibility with oromucosal delivery than with inhalation. Save inhalation for recreation.

Special Patient Concerns
It is possible to fast track a serious addiction with ultra-high doses of cannabis to beat the withdrawal symptoms and then taper off the cannabis. A subset of patients don't respond well to a low dose but tend to respond well to a high dose of CCO if done carefully. Dr. Sulak's standard approach with these patients is to begin with a tiny dose of an oromucosal tincture 3 x/day. Gradually increase over the course of a month to a dose of 100-500 mg daily. Remember, cannabis is an individually dosed medication and everyone will respond in their own way. I may only need 100 mg a day. You may need 500 mg a day. Start Low, Go Slow

When you're using high doses of cannabis, in particular high doses of THC, your body will begin to reduce the number of cannabinoid receptors. The receptors will actually sink right into the cell, unavailable for attachment. This is part of the way your body evolved to protect you from over stimulation. Overstimulate and you end up with increased tolerance brought about from a reduction of attachment points. You can reset the system by going through the Six Day Sensitization Protocol.

An interesting point on choosing your personal medication: Dr. Sulak recommends you let your nose guide you. Say you have a choice between a few strains you believe are good candidates. How to choose? Smell them. Which one appeals to you more? Go with that one. If it works for you, have it tested, or acquire the test results, if you were lucky enough to get it from a good dispensary or a cultivator that can get plant material tested. Now you know what's in there and you can use that profile to compare other strains.

It's the terpenes that influence the cannabinoid expression. A plant smelling faintly of lavender probably has linalool, a sedating terpene. One with the terpene pinene can reduce the memory aspect of someone with PTSD.

Dosing Guidelines - New to cannabis
- Start sub-therapeutic. Determine how many doses you'll be taking in a day.

- Increase to a minimal noticeable dose for three days.
* Administer a small dose and wait five minutes.
* If you feel anything at all from that dose, stop and go about your day.
* Repeat this for your other scheduled doses.

During this time your body's developing sensitivity to cannabis and making more receptors.

- Increase to an effective therapeutic dose on Day 4.
* Keep checking your inner inventory to assess your response to cannabis.
* Repeat the process you've followed up to now. Administer a small dose and wait five minutes. This time though, you're going to keep going until you get the relief you were seeking. Be careful to go slow. After all the work to get here you don't want to overshoot.

If you take a dose, after waiting the five minutes, and your scores on the inner inventory drop, back off one administration. That drop in scores indicates you overshot your optimal dose by one administration.

The Inner Inventory

This is a self-awareness technique used by Dr. Dustin Saluk to teach his patients to increase awareness of their body in the early stages of dosing. It's a helpful tool at any time.

Before and five minutes after the dose sit and ask yourself these three questions.
1) Take a deep breath. How easy was that to do? Rate it on a scale of 1-10, 1 being "Ouch!" and 10 being "Ahhhhh....."

2) How comfortable is it for you to sit still? Again 1-10 with 1being "difficult, if not impossible" and 10 being "no trouble at all."

3) How are you feeling mentally and emotionally? Rate as 1 being "Stressed to the max!" and 10 being "Peaceful and calm."

Write this down every time you dose during the early stages of setting the dose. After you find your optimal therapeutic dose, test it out for 2-3 dosing sessions. After that you don't have to wait five minutes between administrations.

Dosing: Experienced consumers of cannabis

Many chronic users of cannabis have often compromised their Endocannabinoid systems with overstimulation. This causes a decrease in available cannabinoid receptors. You find yourself needing to take more and more to get the same effects. Dr. Sulak and his associates have designed a Six Day Sensitization Protocol that will essentially reset your tolerance levels up to a 60% increase in cannabis efficacy. Think of that for a moment - you'd be able to get the same results with up to 60% less cannabis.

This protocol is posted below.

Dr. Sulak's site, Healer.com, has a wealth of support information to help you through this process. I'm working through it myself r I that now, and I'll tell you, it's doable, but for a chronic user with high consumption history, it's no easy thing to do and I was thankful for their available resources of movement and diet choices to compliment and stimulate the Endocannabinoid system. He's gone out of his way to make this process as painless as possible. I highly recommend you at least check out his site.

Everyone has their own optimal dose. This is one of the defining characteristics of cannabis therapy. This protocol will help you find yours.

Dr. Sulak recommends you switch from inhalation delivery to an oromucosal delivery using a liquid extract (tincture fits the bill). This will help you prevent symptoms instead of chasing after them.

To both mitigate the side effects of THC and to enhance the benefits of THC adjust the ratios of CBD:THC.

How would I determine a therapeutic dose?

I want to share with the community a Sensitization Protocol developed by Dr. Dustin Sulak at (google him), an exciting newcomer to the Internet, determined in his own way to mainstream cannabis as a daily addition to our lives.

It appears there's this quirk in the Endocannabinoid system, evolved to keep it from being overstimulated. If you overindulge in cannabis, as many of us who grow successfully are prone to do, you cause the receptors to become unavailable. In some cases they will actually sink into the cell to be completely unapproachable. In response, you need more cannabis to get the same effect. You've fallen into the realm of diminishing returns.

I'm sure many of you reading this know exactly what I'm talking about. I believe we call it strain tolerance, when in fact it's a compromising of our system because we grow fabulous product and don't hesitate to appreciate it. One of the ways to reset the system when you suspect this "strain tolerance" is to simply switch to a different strain. This step won't reset the system as dramatically as this protocol will, but it will shake the system somewhat and increase sensitivity.

It should be obvious that smoking a joint will do much to increase tolerance levels, since the tendency is to keep hitting the joint so it doesn't go to waste. Edibles are discouraged for the same overdosing concerns. Vaporizers or tinctures offer you much better dosing control. There are some wonderful patches, tablets, mouth strips and sprays making their way onto the market that will change the playing field in years ahead.

What Dr. Sulak's developed is a way to reset your Endocannabinoid system in six days, during which time your system will begin to create more receptors and you'll be able to reset your optimal therapeutic dose, that dose that brings you the greatest relief, at a lower level, thereby getting you more efficient relief and healing, saving you meds, money, and frustration. His site has a series of videos that teach you breathing techniques and simple movements to enhance the Endocannabinoid system as you work your way through this protocol, things that will promote the expression of more receptors and help your body feel the beneficial effects of the system. I won't share any of that here, although I highly recommend you check them out. You all know how to use a search engine. :battingeyelashes:

This protocol isn't appropriate for those on high-dose protocols for serious disease, such as cancer.

RESETTING YOUR ENDOCANNABINOID SYSTEM: A SIX DAY SENSITIZATION PROTOCOL

Day 1 - Cannabis Fast

Take note of how much cannabis you're using now. Write it down.

Take your regular dose, however you administer. Now put it away. You've just begun a 48 hour cannabis fast, after which you'll be listening closely to your body as you very gradually reintroduce cannabis in a way that will enhance your system.

Write down the date and time you started the fast and make note of the date and time you'll be ending it. Do yourself a favor and set the alarm on your phone.

Drink plenty of water. I can't stress this point enough. Water is what your body needs to wash away the stress-induced toxins in your system. Drink more water please.

Day 2 - Cannabis fast continues.

Try some breathing techniques, do some simple movement. Drink more water. :battingeyelashes:

Day 3 - Begin re-introducing cannabis.

You're going to train yourself to listen closely to your body as you begin to reintroduce cannabis. Before and after each inhalation, drop of tincture or edible dose, use your "inner inventory" to assess the effect. Ask yourself three questions and write down your answers.

Inhalation, wait 5 minutes between pulls.
Tincture, wait 30 minutes between drops.
Edible, wait 2 hours between dose.

The Inner Inventory: before and after each administration, assess.

1 - Take a slow deep breath. How easy was that to do? Rate it on a scale of 1 - 10, with 10 being the easiest and 1 being the most difficult.

2 - How comfortable is your body? How easy is it to sit still, in a relaxed manner? Rate this the same way and write it down.

3 - How is your mood? Rate this one as 10 being optimistic and relaxed and 1 being frazzled to the max.

We aren't looking for symptomatic relief here. This is an important distinction. What you're feeling for is the very first signs of any change internally, anything different. Has the migraine begun to diminish ever so slightly, are the joints feeling more free, has the pain in your lower back begun to respond positively? Just the inkling of effect is what you're listening for. Wait the required time, and if you don't feel anything, repeat this process and wait another span of time to reassess. Keep this up until you do feel something. Then stop, put the cannabis away and go about your day.

Listen carefully to your body. Resist the urge to take more than is called for here. You're listening for just a ripple. Nothing more. In this case, less cannabis is more. Trust the process.

You may repeat this process up to 3 times today. Be sure to begin each session with the inner inventory. You need to assess your starting point.

Get some movement time in. Drink more water. Explore foods that'll enhance your Endocannabinoid system.

Day 4 - Continuing to enhance the Endocannabinoid system.

Repeat yesterday's process. It's during this time that your body's actively building up receptor numbers. You're doing a great job. Keep it up. Move, drink more water, breathe for health and fitness. Think healing thoughts and laugh more.

Day 5 - Continue to grow more receptors.

Repeat yesterday's process. Get excited. You're almost done and your body's going to thank you for this adventure with better healing potential.

Day 6 - Finding your optimal therapeutic dose.

Using a repetition of the process you did on days 3-5 you're now going to work for symptomatic relief, one inhalation, drop or edible bite at a time.

It's important here to go slow. Wait the recommended times between dose administration. Listen closely to your body. What you should find is that you'll get relief at a significantly lower dose than when you started.

To be clear, 2 administrations would be over a 10 minute period, 3 over a 15 minute period, and so on.

Determining when to stop.

You're going to get one of two results. Either 1) you're going to get relief and you can go about your day, or 2) your inner inventory is going to drop down a point or two from your last notation. This means you overshot the dose and need to drop back one administration.

Now that you have an optimal therapeutic dose, test it out for the next 2-3 dosing sessions, waiting the recommended amount of time between administrations. Once you've confirmed that this is, indeed, your dose, stick with it. From that point on, there's no need to wait the time between administrations.

Dr. Sulak recommends that you periodically back off your dose by one administration, to determine if your body now requires less than it did before. You should assume that as you progress through your cannabinoid therapy that your Endocannabinoid system is going to be able to function more efficiently. Consequently, your need for phytocannabinoids will change over time.

**********​

This protocol should be repeated anytime you notice yourself building a tolerance to cannabis. Alternatively, you can simply drop back one administration on your dose and let your system readjust.

That Pesky Psychoactivity

I personally have never understood how the euphoric effects of something as safe as cannabis ever fell into such disfavor, given the social acceptance of the deadly alcohol-fueled celebrations that surround us, but it's something we have to have an answer for.

You control the psychoactivity of cannabis by

1. manipulating the CBD:THC ratio - higher levels of CBD will temper the euphoric effects of THC

2. dose THC in control - small doses spread over the course of a day

** If there's any history of a paranoid or negative reaction to cannabis consider a higher ratio of CBD, possibly a 4:1 or even an 8:1. **

It's recommended that you begin a cannabinoid therapy by carefully establishing your personal optimal therapeutic dose. Cannabis is a rather unique medication, in that everyone reacts to it individually. This isn't a "take two in the morning" medication. Dr. Sulak recommends you make use of an "Inner Inventory" of some sort to listen closely to your own body to find your own optimal therapeutic dose. He recommends beginning a cannabinoid therapy protocol by priming the system with enhanced sensitization. Some ideas on approaching that process can be found below.

There are definite benefits to the euphoric effects of cannabis though, and they shouldn't be easily dismissed. As Dr. Sulak's fond of saying, it's one of the gifts of cannabis. Among the positive benefits are:

* a positive mindset and mood
* the ability to truly relax
* spontaneous laughter and socialization become easy to participate in
* time distortion occurs - of particular value to people challenged with anxiety, as it brings you into the present
* heightening of the senses to enhance experience (eating, listening to music, watching films, sex, etc, etc)

Cannabis has the ability, through its psychoactive effects, to help the patient separate from the symptoms and suffering. It helps you separate yourself from the pain. You can more easily reduce the tendency to pass judgement on yourself. You can reduce the sense of suffering. Anxiety is, at least temporarily, dropped aside. Of great note is the ability to reduce pain behavior, those changes you make in movement and attitude to compensate for the pain you were feeling.

There's also a Cannabis Consciousness, as the good doctor refers to it, that outlasts the effects of the cannabis doses, defined by

- increased self awareness
- the development of cosmic consciousness (we are all one)
- gaining a new perspective of yourself
- fostering acceptance and tolerance
- helping you find creative solutions to your challenges
- promoting mental/emotional/physical flexibility and enhancing your capacity to change

Loosen up. Get high every now and then and explore the inner reaches of you and your connection to the cosmos. Tighten up your cannabinoid therapy and heal, but don't forget that cannabis has much more to offer than its ability to help you find your way back to homeostasis. Part of that balance is the joyful expression of life that cannabis compliments.

I'd forgotten to post this list. Thank you Cajun for compiling it. :love:

Since most don't know lots about CBD strains, here ya go:

Charlotte's Web - 23% CBD - around 1 % THC
Valentine X - up to 25% CBD and low range around 1% THC ( specimen may vary )
ACDC - up to 19% CBD and 1% THC
Harlequin - 8 % CBD and 6 % THC >> 12.6 % CBD and 8.4 % CBD
Canna Tonic - 8.11% CBD and 6.9% THC
Sour tsunami - 7.24% CBD and 4,32 % THC
Omrita RX - 9.5% CBD and 11% THC
Canna Sue - 13.8% CBD and 10.4% THC
Harle Sue - 9.4% CBD and 6.7% THC
Swiss Gold - 7.2% CBD and 3.6% THC
Med Gom 1.0 - autoflowering 15 CBD and 4 > 5% THC
Otto #1 - CBD 0.18 % and THC 0.40 % >> CBD 27 %, THC 1 % ( 28 % of plants expresses low CBD THC)
Sin Tra Bajo Auto - CBD very high and THC 12 > 15 %
White Widow ( or automatic ) High CBD high THC
Juanita la Lagrimosa - 8.8% CBD, 6.8% THC
---
Dutch passion
CBD Kush - 7% CBD and 7 % THC
CBD skunk haze - 5% CBD and 5 % THC
Compassion - 6% CBD and 6% THC
-----
Royalqueenseeds
Dance world - 11 % CBD and 12 % THC
Royal highness - 12 % CBD and 14 % THC
Royal medic - 12 % CBD and 10 % THC, ratio 1:1
Euphoria - 10 % CBD and 9 % THC
Medical mass - 11 % CBD and 10 % THC
Painkiller XL - 1:1 9 % THC and CBD
------
CBD Crew
CBD Critical Mass - 5% CBD and 5% THC
CBD Mango Haze - 8% CBD and 6% THC >> 10% CBD, 8% THC
CBD Medi Haze - 8% CBD and 4 % THC
CBD Nordle - 5.5% CBD and 5.5% THC >> 8.93% CBD, 6.13 % THC
CBD outdoor mix - 5% CBD and 5% THC >> 11.6% CBD, 6.82% THC
CBD Shark - 6% CBD and 6% THC
CBD Skunk Haze - 5% CBD and 5% THC >> 11.12% CBD , 12,5% THC
CBD Sweet 'n Sour Widow - 6%>8% CBD and 6%>8% THC >>> 10.47% CBD, 8.31% THC
CBD Yummy - 5% CBD and 5% THC >> 9% CBD, 8% THC

More from CBD Crew:
CBD Therapy - 8-10% CBD, 0.05% THC
CBD 3D - ratios greater than 1:1 CBD:THC are possible
CBD Divine - CBD:THC 1:1 or 1:2 good for insomnia
CBD Med GOM Auto 1.0 - 10% CBD, 5% THC >> 15% CBD, 10% THC

Great information and work Sue, thank you!
You may have just saved a (or many) human life from the downward spiral of Opiate addiction.

Best Of Buds

JB

:Namaste:

As one of my family members utilizes prescription painkillers, specifically that of Percocet, she would definitely be glad to know that she could probably get a reduction in her dosage while utilizing Cannabis to help treat her other various ailments she can't actually do without lowering the dosage of her pain medicine by a lot, so this will definitely be an interesting read for her. We'll see what the opinion from her primary doctor says and go from there, of course. All these great sources on 420magazine, definitely enjoying my stay here and learning a lot more than I ever thought possible on a forum. Great source, and such great content. :D

Great information Sue, thanks for putting it out here and thanks to Canna for directing me here.

I was dependent on opioids for over 10 years. During that time I was not using cannabis. When I realized I had a problem with my opioid use I decided on my own to get off them. While I had cannabis available I determined I'd be best off using other meds to control my withdrawal instead of cannibas. At the beginning of my tapering off I knew I would become a regular user of MJ instead of the dangerous drugs I was on.

The information you've provided is very helpful to me. Thanks again. I think every individual is different and I'm not saying my method for withdrawal is right for anyone else. I'm very happy where I'm at personally and I have no doubt my overall health and safety will be improved. That's my wish for everyone addicted to the pharmaceutical's that our doctors so easily dish out.

Great information Sue, thanks for putting it out here and thanks to Canna for directing me here.

I was dependent on opioids for over 10 years. During that time I was not using cannabis. When I realized I had a problem with my opioid use I decided on my own to get off them. While I had cannabis available I determined I'd be best off using other meds to control my withdrawal instead of cannibas. At the beginning of my tapering off I knew I would become a regular user of MJ instead of the dangerous drugs I was on.

The information you've provided is very helpful to me. Thanks again. I think every individual is different and I'm not saying my method for withdrawal is right for anyone else. I'm very happy where I'm at personally and I have no doubt my overall health and safety will be improved. That's my wish for everyone addicted to the pharmaceutical's that our doctors so easily dish out.

Thank you for sharing that WannaBfarmer. It's important to keep an open mind to methods, so your choice was a good perspective to have available. I'm glad you broke free. Be well :battingeyelashes: :love:

Dosing Guidelines - New to cannabis
- Start sub-therapeutic. Determine how many doses you'll be taking in a day.

- Increase to a minimal noticeable dose for three days.
* Administer a small dose and wait five minutes.
* If you feel anything at all from that dose, stop and go about your day.
* Repeat this for your other scheduled doses.

During this time your body's developing sensitivity to cannabis and making more receptors.

- Increase to an effective therapeutic dose on Day 4.
* Keep checking your inner inventory to assess your response to cannabis.
* Repeat the process you've followed up to now. Administer a small dose and wait five minutes. This time though, you're going to keep going until you get the relief you were seeking. Be careful to go slow. After all the work to get here you don't want to overshoot.

If you take a dose, after waiting the five minutes, and your scores on the inner inventory drop, back off one administration. That drop in scores indicates you overshot your optimal dose by one administration.

The Inner Inventory

This is a self-awareness technique used by Dr. Dustin Saluk to teach his patients to increase awareness of their body in the early stages of dosing. It's a helpful tool at any time.

Before and five minutes after the dose sit and ask yourself these three questions.
1) Take a deep breath. How easy was that to do? Rate it on a scale of 1-10, 1 being "Ouch!" and 10 being "Ahhhhh....."

2) How comfortable is it for you to sit still? Again 1-10 with 1being "difficult, if not impossible" and 10 being "no trouble at all."

3) How are you feeling mentally and emotionally? Rate as 1 being "Stressed to the max!" and 10 being "Peaceful and calm."

Write this down every time you dose during the early stages of setting the dose. After you find your optimal therapeutic dose, test it out for 2-3 dosing sessions. After that you don't have to wait five minutes between administrations.

Dosing: Experienced consumers of cannabis

Many chronic users of cannabis have often compromised their Endocannabinoid systems with overstimulation. This causes a decrease in available cannabinoid receptors. You find yourself needing to take more and more to get the same effects. Dr. Sulak and his associates have designed a Six Day Sensitization Protocol that will essentially reset your tolerance levels up to a 60% increase in cannabis efficacy. Think of that for a moment - you'd be able to get the same results with up to 60% less cannabis.

This protocol is posted below.

Dr. Sulak's site, Healer.com, has a wealth of support information to help you through this process. I'm working through it myself r I that now, and I'll tell you, it's doable, but for a chronic user with high consumption history, it's no easy thing to do and I was thankful for their available resources of movement and diet choices to compliment and stimulate the Endocannabinoid system. He's gone out of his way to make this process as painless as possible. I highly recommend you at least check out his site.

Everyone has their own optimal dose. This is one of the defining characteristics of cannabis therapy. This protocol will help you find yours.

Dr. Sulak recommends you switch from inhalation delivery to an oromucosal delivery using a liquid extract (tincture fits the bill). This will help you prevent symptoms instead of chasing after them.

To both mitigate the side effects of THC and to enhance the benefits of THC adjust the ratios of CBD:THC.

I wanted to say thank you for the invite.
We have so much to read already so it could take a lil while to catch up here.
Luckily we're both book worms and I just got new reading glasses so we are all good! Lol.

Thanks again and I super look forward to reading this thread top to bottom at least twice

CCO is my new obsession which is a million times better than an addiction of something like
the "opioid train"

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I wanted to say thank you for the invite.
We have so much to read already so it could take a lil while to catch up here.
Luckily we're both book worms and I just got new reading glasses so we are all good! Lol.

Thanks again and I super look forward to reading this thread top to bottom at least twice

CCO is my new obsession which is a million times better than an addiction of something like
the "opioid train"

Sent from my iPhone using 420

You're welcome Hizzy. Glad you found your way here. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We're here to make this easier for you, if possible, so make use of us. I expect you to keep peppering me with questions until you're comfortable with the answers. :battingeyelashes: :love:

SANTA FE - An advisory panel is recommending to New Mexico health officials that medical marijuana be considered as a tool in the fight against opioid abuse.

Some health professionals tell the Santa Fe New Mexican that expanding the list of conditions that qualify under the state's medical marijuana program could transform New Mexico's landscape of addiction.

The recommendation will need the approval of Health Secretary Lynn Gallagher.

The Medical Advisory Board also voted Friday to recommend that Alzheimer's disease be added as a qualifying condition, and that the Health Department raise the cap on the number of plants a grower can produce to ensure an adequate supply is available for the increase in patients.

Officials say the program has grown over the past year to nearly 33,000 patients.

Best,
canyon

Back
Top Bottom