My first surgery after Medical Marijuana

TripleTumors

I had a partial nephrectomy on Friday, 8/25. While I was in the hospital for 5 days, I was only given the standard Percocet and Dilaudid of course. I am a former opiate abuser so I have a lot of fear about using this stuff. I gave my wife the prescription from brain tumor surgery so I couldn't abuse it and it is still pretty full. For this surgery, we didn't even fill the script from the hospital. I had two Percocet last night after a long argument with myself. This is my first morning waking up in my own bed in a week. The morning was full of pain, but no opiates!

Thank you. I did end up taking them for a couple days, but I'm off now.

My observations are that the opiates I was on during surgery and recovery "broke" the weed. Last week I grew suicidal and angry and my pot was not delivering any euphoria. It was barely helping with my normal brain tumor misery. I also lost my emotions. Since the brain tumor, I'm ashamed to admit that I cry every day. Nobody sees me do it, and I only tear out of one eye, but every morning I grieve the loss of my old life. Last week at my darkest time, I couldn't cry. There wasn't emotion, I just needed to die.

This morning, things are returning to my new normal.

My observations are that the opiates I was on during surgery and recovery "broke" the weed. Last week I grew suicidal and angry and my pot was not delivering any euphoria. It was barely helping with my normal brain tumor misery. I also lost my emotions. Since the brain tumor, I'm ashamed to admit that I cry every day. Nobody sees me do it, and I only tear out of one eye, but every morning I grieve the loss of my old life. Last week at my darkest time, I couldn't cry. There wasn't emotion, I just needed to die.

That drew a loving response that refused to be quieted. I simply wanted to wish you well. :hug:

Hey TT-

Unfortunately I have had multiple surgeries & I can tell you that emotional outbursts after are typical IMHO & experience as well as studies. My experience has been major meltdowns after anesthesia prior to even the intro of pain meds. I mean they knock us out with some powerful drugs so they can do surgery. Anyway I can safely say after each of my surgeries I have bouts of extreme mood swings / depression / euphoria.

Not knowing your actual regimen of cannabis prior but I will share with you my experience that pain control with MMJ less is more. I currently am following that advice ie: normal dose of my Green Dragon Tincture to get euphoric is 2.5 to 4 droppers with my current batch. So I take only minimal portion with my opiods to enhance their ability to reduce pain.

When I hit harder to get baked a bit sometimes 60/50 it seems the pain is much worse, this does not occur when micro dosing the same batch. I hate inhaling anything in my lungs that is smoke / med related I sucked down tons of cigs for years, want my lungs as functional as possible.

Hard to say if the pain actually is worse or I don't ever medicate to point of euphoria during the day so end of the day I am in pain either way but after imbibing it can minimally appear worse. Perception is what matters right? SO I have to decide "pick your poison" kind of affair.

PS: edit Either way congrats on not going hot n heavy for your pain meds! Oops just edited my reply didn't realize you ahopefully are totally well by now at least from surgery!

Back
Top Bottom