Two Growers in One House?

HotLooSey

Question...
I know a grower can grow for four but if two people live in the home, can both be the grower for four so they can grow together in one grow site for eight?

PRGS = Person Responsible for a Grow Site

It's the official title that OMMP uses for "who goes to jail if the garden is out of compliance".

Well where I live you're aloud to grow as many plants as you want in a 10 by 10 area. Also Loosey do you grow for the medical club because what do you mean grow for 4 patients. Just wondering. Thanks

We don't have medical clubs here. Caregivers or PRGS's are alowed to grow for up to 4 patients. We are not limited by space (yet) but we are limited by numbers.

We can have 6 plants over 12inches by 12 inches and 18 under 12"x12", for a total of 24 plants per patient including unrooted cuttings. We are also allowed 24 ounces of dry, usable meds.

Here in Canada it was found to be unconstitutional for the government to say that there can only be 1 grower per person carded. Our screwed up excuse for a government then did the very minimum to change the law and let a grower grow for 2 people. I want that to be challenged again, because their stupid rules are stopping the wholesale formation of grow op collectives, which directly affects my ability to get a good strain of medicine and at a good price,and conserve genetic material for research purposes.

you guys are lucky, 24 per patient and 24 ounces of usable weed. in MI you can be a caregiver for 5 patients, at 12 plants/ patient, but only allowed to have 2.5 ounces of usuable marijuana on you. im still somewhat confused on how this is supposed to work.

You need to do a push-pull system. We use two grow rooms, a veg room and a bloom room. We put 1 plant into bloom every 2 weeks, and at the same time plant one in a big bucket. We allow half of our plants to bloom, and the other half are growing in the veg cycle. When 1 plant is ready to harvest, we pull it out and chop it down and at the same time, push one that is ready in to replace it. Each plant yeilds between 1-2 ounces, so you pick 1 plant for each patient every 2 weeks. But you will need a fasst finishing strain to work the cycle I use.Afghani strains tend to take 12 weeks to finish instead of 6 so you would only harvest every 4 weeks instead of 2.

I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to make a couple of suggestions:

At any time there are multiple growers utilizing the same site for their gardens in a location where the laws are not worded beyond a shadow of a doubt, I'd suggest that you use some means to clearly-define each space as belonging to its respective grower - even if they are in the same physical location. Even if you just mark off your gardens with jute twine or the like - although I make no statement as to whether or not this would be enough (due to the aforementioned nebulously-defined laws), it might well be enough to show both intent and practice to a judge or jury.

My other point is to those who have limits set in number of plants: It might be of great benefit to do a little research about "air cloning" which is the practice of removing the first couple of outer layers of a plant's stem and then providing a medium at that location that is conducive to growing roots. If done correctly, this can leave you with ONE plant that has any number of branches on it which have already got a root system... but are still just a part of the ONE plant. Then when you need (and are legally allowed to have) more plants, all you have to do is cut them off and plant them as they are "rooted cuttings" at the moment that you cut them. It's easy with a small amount of practice, does not harm the "mother" plant, and - if done correctly - works every time.

Wow.. Im more surprised by this Forum every time I read a Thread.. Its kinna kewl to see this isnt just a bunch of kids talkin garbage.. Im impressed !! .. BUT,, I do have a few Questions to ask a couple of you if you dont mind,,.. Ms.StoneyGurl,, Are you runnin in Dirt or Hydro,, and Second,, why not try *Regenerating* instead of killing a perfectly good BabyGurl ?? I mean,, its possible to get 2 or 3 or MORE Harvests out of the ones your massacre'n.. LoL.. Anyways,, just thought Id ask real quick if you dont mind.. ..

Thanks in advance.. .. :)

Tommy

Time-wise and since it's the ultimate in simplicity to take as many cuttings as you like (well, within reason) before flowering, I've always felt that re-vegging was unnecessary. Some say that the quality can decrease. Most like to flush as many of the nutrients as possible out of the plant before harvesting. That would seem tough to do if your goal is to end up with a plant that is healthy enough to reveg. And you're still faced in the end with waiting for it to get over the switch to 24/0 stress, go back to 100% vegetative growth (which not every single strain will do - some end up continuing to "spit" flowers which makes for a plant that is not devoting all of its energy towards what you want it to), and then have your vegetative period.

But if you take a cutting before switching to flower, stick it in a glass of water on the window sill (ok, there are other ways and I'm actually a fan of Olivia's products but the oldskool way works a charm too) while it roots, and then stick it into your chosen medium, you've got a rooted plant that's already in the vegetative state the moment you're done flowering your existing crop. And it doesn't take much space or lights to keep a plant alive in a vegetative state if you're not trying to get it to actively grow. So you could stick it in a small box or a 30-gallon aluminum trash can with nothing more than a small amount of florescent lighting. You wouldn't even need to run it 24/0, 18/6, or whatever. Just set your timer so that the lights kick on regularly during the "lights-off" period so as to inhibit flowering. Keep the light as close to the plant as possible to prevent stretch, cut a few holes in the bottom of the can and a couple of slots in the bottom "lip" that holds the bottom of the can off the ground, add a very small fan for circulation, and you could stick it into the corner of your garage and nobody would notice it unless they tried to throw trash into the can (lol). At a time prior to your harvest date that you determine, you can then ramp up the lights and nutrients so that it will actually grow vegetatively instead of just... vegetating (you know what I mean?). Then when harvest time comes you can actually HARVEST 100% of the buds along with all of the trichome-coated leaves for the hash/etc. pot because you don't have to leave good product on the vine to revegetate. Then when you fight your way out of the scissors-hash-induced dreams the next morning you can stick your now well-grown vegetated plant into your flowering room (assuming that you've managed to grow it to the size that you require) and not even have to reset your light's timer.

IDK, I'm kind of medicated right now.

I asked the same question when I called the OMMP (Oregon Medical Marijuana Program) and there is nothing stating that in the bill that you can not do that. You can have multiple growers in one location but you need to stay away from the "highly sensitive areas" (churches, schools, etc..).

Back
Top Bottom