Getting a card in Oregon

skyhighrobert

Just moved to bend area, looking to getting a card for my son,he has a recommendation from Michigan, never got his card, they are so slow. we are in contact with the Mothers Against Abuse organization. also my son is on ssi because of his seizure disorder. The question: is Mothers a good way to go? We are on limited funds. All the best, sky high

I just went through the process at THCF, The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation, 503-281-5100.

It's in Portland.

I was treated with dignity and respect every step of the way and would highly recommend them. My physician was smart and caring. My paperwork was completed within three hours and I dropped it off at the state office later that same day (DHS).

The organization you reached out to may be fantastic - I just don't know about them having never contacted them. THCF impressed me to no end. They work with folks on SSI (social security).

Good luck. Keep your paperwork together!

Try MAMA's bend office. Google "MAMA Bend, Oregon," I seem to remember info about a sliding scale fee on their website.

BTW, his records being from Michigan shouldn't be an issue.

I know it's a long drive so I hope MAMA's office works out for you. If not, THCF in portland will treat you well.

well its waiting time now for my son's card. we went with mama in bend thet charge$ 185 with some off for poverty, we will know how much soon, we gave them $100 down. they were very nice and pretty professional, but a little hectic. took us an extra hour to be seen by the dr. he was gracious and professional and approved and confirmed our records. along the way their staff had multiple meetings explaining a whole range of history and ways to use the medicine as they call it. talked also of future regular events at the now fully staffed office. even filled out an app. for employment. pretty interesting, overlapping what i witnessed and my 35 years of herb experience.
so here we go for cutting out/back on prescription drugs for epilepsy, the drug stops the seizures but at a cost. our dr in mich said going with herb will definitely help. skyhigh

That's good to hear, skyhighrobert! MAMA in Portland is very nice too (but yes, hectic!!!).

I heard now, since there is a backlog, if you mailed in the state application & payment, you should receive a temporary slip within a week or so, or if you pay at the cashiers office they will stamp your paperwork and either the temp mailer, or the stamp are your legit documents till the card arrives.

Well wishes for the holidays and years forward to you and yours!

thanks endive and high water mark. its written right on the app that you need to get a return receipt(officially called certified mail) from snail mail and when you get the receipt back, snap it together with a copy of your app and your good to go till they issue your cards. its getting pretty close i'm looking every day for that receipt. now i'll need some seeds, any recommendations on that source? skyhigh and happy holidazes ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT.

Sound like your well on your way. Did you go to the state and reg your app.? Once the state stamps your papers your good to go. Your card will come in the mail soon. But that stamp makes you legal anyways. GL and Welcome to Oregon Gl with your grow hope to see some monsters going soon Keep em Green

I'm moving to Oregon coast this time next year, trying to get everything in order,.. now that the holidays are over .. I'm on ss disability for life, limited income just now going to finally get my card here in NV started the process back in July went to DMV Christmas Eve .. got my pic taken said my card will be here in about 7 days, we'll see-- they are VERY slow here ---they are getting so many apps they can't keep up, anyway just wanted to say "Thanks" this info was very helpful. :thumb:... :goodluck: :smokin:

say thats funny vegascanna when we werer in mich, we applied and some 6 months later it came after we moved west, the funny thing is they spelled his name wrong, with things so hot in mich(and other locations unfortunatly)i can barely imagine the hassels with that, there. but steadfast in the wind is the counter play here. all the best, sky high

Gl to all getting legal-- in Vegas some more dispensaries got raided again ..yesterday, here in NV it's legal to have it if you have an mmj card.. but they keep shutting down dispensaries that aren't compliant .. mine is and it was raided back in the summer .. hopefully they are safe..
i still don't have the card with my pic on it .. but have the stamped paper.. .. hopefully they didn't get my dispensary again! Last time they raided about 9 around town,in the summer... took all they had .. even my medical papers .. all about me .. s.s. number was on it .. dr's reports .. mri results etc etc .. makes me so angry,FBI and local police..have all the info on me.. then they did it again yesterday didn't get the details of the raids but really hope they left most of the places alone.. i think they just wanted some edibles,smoke etc for new years eve party for themselves... it's not right, I use it for medicinal purposes it really helps my hand pain from nerve probs from a long long time for life disease I have that I will have for the rest of my life found out I had it in my
30s.. have to have an injection every month of b12 for the rest of my life even with the injections as i get older the probs from this will get worse.. and they are now...one of them being nerve pain, a few hits of something very strong.. always gets me by for a few hours.. been on pain pills for other probs that will be with me forever, and using mmj really helps me cut down on the pills-- my goal is to be pain free with mmj, instead of all the chemicals in the pain pills that i have been on for the past 17 yrs...

my best to all... Have a very Happy painfree New Year, :peacetwo: and love <3 xxxxx's to all ... xxxxx

Oh forgot to ask how do you put the avatar under your name on here .. i uploaded a pic of me with my plants I had during the summer, and it doesn't show up .. how is that done? is there a page to do that on? a bit confused .. as usual..lol..have a great one!! xxxx's :smokin:=me in a couple mins .. lol xxx's

just got back from visiting my daughter and family in san francisico, was hoping they were having a cannabis festival while there over the weekend, but they didn't :( they are having one next week, so we went one week too soon...oh well..
but right before we left I got my CARD!! finally, with my pic on it looks just like a license here.. so I'll have to make a trip to my fav place and get some of my fav medication :smokin:.. peace and love to all xxx's :cheer:

:lot-o-toke::grinjoint:a card in general is a beautiful thing , it heals, it re leaves, it soothes, it mellows, it sleeps, it hungers, and it makes one want to be free! skyhighrobert

Patients Helping Patients Is a New Clinic that signs cards, provided current medical records and a 2 year history.
Our purpose is to give the patient a complete service from start to finish in a way that assists them with knowledge and resources so they can be a successful OMMP patient.Thank you for your support.

OMMPHP@gmail.com
E-mail For Clinic dates.
We are Located in Medford OR.

Is a New Clinic that signs cards, provided current medical records and a 2 year history.
Our purpose is to give the patient a complete service from start to finish in a way that assists them with knowledge and resources so they can be a successful OMMP patient.Thank you for your support.

We are Located in Medford OR.

or call 541-499-5431

Different clinics have different standards the Dr. I work with likes to see a History of whichever there ailment may be. Obviously certain cases may need less, that is for the DR. to decide on a case by case basis. We try to stay away of the "nick & scratch" patients looking to catch a ride on the "Green Rush."

Back
Top Bottom