Oregon Health Fund Board Public Outreach Meetings

Stoney Girl

The Health Fund Board is doing public meetings looking for input on how to get essential healthcare to Oregonians, and how to cut costs. All comers are welcome. I was very well recieved when I testified before them at their usual Board meeting. (Schedule posted below)This is different. They are asking what we want. They are having meetings in Medford and Klamath Falls next week Our Medford group should be there to submit a copy of I-124 and tell them we need research so that we can show how we lower healthcare costs and improve healthcare outcomes. I would like to show them that we are a broad-based effort from across the State.

Klamath Falls
Wednesday, May 14
7 – 9 p.m.
Senior Center
2045 Arthur Street
Klamath Falls, OR 97603

Return to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medford
Thursday, May 15
7 – 9 p.m.
Jackson County Library
205 S. Central Avenue
Medford, OR 97501

Elvy, Sundowner and Mike & me all made the Corvalis meeting. Elvy & I both made public statements about mmj.

These were roundtable discussions about how to pay for healthcare. When they asked how to pay for it the only ideas at our table were tax cigarettes, which I shot down as already rejected by the voters, and tax & regulate recreational marijuana or tax & regulate medical marijuana dispensaries. The group agreed that tax & regulate mmj was most feasible (especially since the language has already been drafted). Our table was the first to report our ideas to the room, so T&R MMJ was the first recommendation they got.

At the end there was time for public testimony. I suggested that T&R of recreational mj could generate $45 million for healthcare and that allowing dispensaries could help the 10% of Oregonians who generate 69% of healthcare costs to reduce their costs, leaving more of the budget for the rest of those who need help.

Elvy was the last to speak, and left them with marijuana as the first issue and the last of the evening.

OHFB is doing another round of public meetings. Last chance to get our 2cents in.

All meetings are from 6:30-9:00 p.m.

Monday 9- 8

Portland
Oregon Convention Center
777 NE MLK Jr. Blvd

Tuesday 9-9

Bend
Central Oregon Community College
Hitchcock Auditorium
2600 NW College Way

Hillsboro
City of Hillsboro Civic Auditorium