Oregon Dispensaries? inititive 28 info

We need to help get the oregon initiative 28 on the 2010 ballot.We need to have another 20,000 signatures to get it on the ballot.We need to throw a medical marijuana conventions for interested voters.

I wish you guys the best of luck. I know you have your hands full fighting off the business council.

Our hearts are with you
Soniq420

PS - I moved this thread into the Oregon MMJ section for you.

We need to help get the oregon initiative 28 on the 2010 ballot.We need to have another 20,000 signatures to get it on the ballot.We need to throw a medical marijuana conventions for interested voters.

I live in southern Oregon and have never ran into anybody collecting signatures? How can we get signed up??

There are several ways to get involved in Southern Oregon. Voter Power is the main folks working on I-28, but Southern Oregon NORML and the local chaptter of Oregon Green Free are all working on it as well. I'm sure you can find them all on most search engines.

I have been looking for a listing for the new proposed law.. on dispensaries... I wish to get a jump on this before the big players from Ca get here... will there be any help for those that wish to open shops in rural Oregon?

I do not agree with taxing cannabis.. its a plant! Will they look to taxing dandelions next?

To say that this will add funds to the General fund of Oregon, does not placate me.... remember how they sold us the lottery??

In Eugene you can go to the Voter Power office on 687 River Avenue. They need all the help they can get! Remember that your dollars help the effort too, so send some duckets.

Your doing nothing but allowing corp interests to TAKE over our product.... our personal medicine...

Look at Oakland , see what is happening to one of the most liberal of towns.. complete corp take over of this product... I will not sign a petition to suppress me even more than I am.

You allow the State to take over all aspects of the MM biz at your peril.

I saw this coming in CA, as soon as the pols found out they could tax it and help make for shortfalls in their budgets, they suddenly think Marijuana is Great!! But, not until they needed the money.. money for more massively failing social programs!

this is a sham to cancel all the 36,000 current oregon medical marijuana growing permits and force you to buy from a dispensory .where is it helping anybody who is poor i do not want a hand out or bum swag from commercial growers leave our current system intacted and add a dispensory clause to it you are trampling the rights of 36,000 people to provide their own meds for practically free by growing their own most of us do not need or want you make a buck control freaks in our lifes i will never buy my meds no matter what happens you are trying to make money off the sick your going to fail i hope your greed is to evident to someone like me shame on you for being a leach on my meds VOTE NO ON PROP 28 IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR PERSONAL FREEDOM TO GROW FOR YOUR SELF AND NOT HAVE TO PAY A DISPENSORY FOR YOUR MEDS

Vote no on prop 28 keep the money in your own pocket why would you ever want to pay someone else for your meds when you can grow them for free send these greedy people packing we do not need to pay for pot for meds in oregon now why change it where you have to pay more and get less keep current card system going vote no on prop 28

vote no on prop 28 keep the money out of medical marijuana in oregon why should you be forced to buy from a dispensory it is crazy to even think this is better .better for who a bunch of greedy people who want to make a buck on medical marijuana this is so wrong to the 36,000 current card holders who grow their own meds for free to make them pay $200-300 for a oz of pot that is what the current prices are from the inlegal dispensorys who started this bill in oregon are charging their are no prices but high prices from these greedy people say no to the loss of your money and personal choice of what and how you grow .

Measure 74 will not force anyone to buy medicine. Nothing about the current program needs to change for a patient. All Measure 74 will do is add dispensaries in Oregon. Patients can still grow their own or designate a grower, but will also be able to go to a dispensary when their crop fails, or is stolen or raided by the cops. New patients can get medicine right away instead of waiting 5 months for their plants to grow.

I don't know where you got the idea that passing this would mean that everyone would have to pay for their MMJ, but that idea is completely wrong. Part 3 of Measure 74 says, " The purpose of the regulated medical marijuana supply system is to supplement the current system which requires patients to produce their own medicine. The system shall not infringe on a registry identification cardholder’s ability to produce the registry identification cardholder’s own medical marijuana or to designate a person responsible for a marijuana grow site to do so for the registry identification cardholder."

So voting yes for Measure 74 means voting yes for the right to use a dispensary if you want to...having more money go to support state programs, enabling scientific research into MMJ, more accountability and regulation, and still having the right to grow your own medicine. Voting yes is the compassionate and reasonable choice.

Read Section 3 (3):

"The purpose of the regulated medical marijuana supply system is to supplement the current system which requires patients to produce their own medicine. The system shall not infringe on a registry identification cardholder's ability to produce the registry identification cardholder's own medical marijuana or to designate a person responsible for a marijuana grow site to do so for the registry identification cardholder."

This makes it pretty clear to me that the present rights of participants in the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act to grow their own will not be infringed.

Back
Top Bottom