pH Imperfect

BlaccSmoke

A rep for an organic nutrient company recently told me that you can't get a pH perfect organic nutrient solution due to living organisms, is this true?

I have never had my organic nutes be perfect i start with 7.0 water and it ends up around 5.5 I just use a little ph up to get my desired ph!

I grow organically with no-til organic containers been running them 4 runs now some of them and so far I used a ph meter exactly ...........wait for it......... 0 ZERO times. Please don't tell me you're going to spend money on biological organisms that actually come in a bottle that you can grow yourself in your own soil, actually they are probably already there right now .... wow that sounds pretty much like a load of BS there.

I guess I have to agree with your reps story..nothing is perfect.. but I do know that there are many different methods used for growing our wonderful herb..I personally grow in Pro-mix HP & never amend the soil or get carried away with it like some do..each to their own..whatever works best.. I like to keep it very simple..clones & veg all get the same..17-15-17 & 1drop per gallon super thrive..buds get.12-34-12..no super thrive..all full strength food is mixed at 3/4 strength!..it's a pretty friendly chem food..I never flush my veg before turning them..I just start to give them bud food about a week before the 12/12..then I only feed them food for the first 3 weeks while they stretch and build foundation..that's right..my very potent buds only receive 4wks of total bud food.. 1 week of pre-bud food then only for the first 3 weeks of bud..after that it's just plain old tap water that I ph ..they don't fluoridate in my area but do chlorinate the water..sometimes after a good rain fall I have to use 3x more vinegar than the day before...anyways been doing this for years now....they never receive a drink of anything until it's ph has been adjusted and i never test run-off for ph.. not that I get any..if anything I'm an under-waterer & dirt is pretty forgiving.. I start clone ph at about 6.5 then gradually lower it through the stages of growth and finish the buds at 6 or just under. Vinegar or lemon juice for ph down and baking soda for ph up. At least this is what has been working for me. Good luck. :)

That's not organic ^^^^ reason you need to add in your nutrients is because ProMix is mainly CSPM with a very small amount of hummus and is meant and sold as a soil building INGREDIENT not as soil. Meaning you mix in hummus (ewc/compost) with ProMix and an aeration component in 1/3 proportions and then add in minerals (not fertilizer). That's the beginning of a living organic soil.

This is an organic gardening forum, 100% sure "chem food" is not organic. Sorry not trying to be a dick but saying "to each his own" in an organic forum is BS. You either grow organically or not, saying we can use chemicals is organic gardening is plain wrong. Listen I've been there that's one reason for objecting to what is being said here.

Hey BCB do you have an outdoor garden - if so do you use your chemicals on your outdoor gardens?? If not why not?

That's not organic ^^^^ reason you need to add in your nutrients is because ProMix is mainly CSPM with a very small amount of hummus and is meant and sold as a soil building INGREDIENT not as soil. Meaning you mix in hummus (ewc/compost) with ProMix and an aeration component in 1/3 proportions and then add in minerals (not fertilizer). That's the beginning of a living organic soil.

This is an organic gardening forum, 100% sure "chem food" is not organic. Sorry not trying to be a dick but saying "to each his own" in an organic forum is BS. You either grow organically or not, saying we can use chemicals is organic gardening is plain wrong. Listen I've been there that's one reason for objecting to what is being said here.

Hi bobrown..First of all I'm sorry for posting in the wrong section and that's all you really had to say..second you don't need to call bs on anything till you know all the facts. pretty weak on your part. You just full of yourself or what? You think old growers like myself or others don't know that any "chem food" is not considered organic?? seriously?? I'm a hard core vegetarian and have only bought and grown veggies organically for 25yrs..I really support the lifestyle..maybe like you say your not trying to act like a dick but you did a pretty good job at it.. So you listen!..I've also been there done that..I mixed my own "organic" soil years ago,and personally find no difference between that and what I'm doing today. Like i said I think some people really get carried away with things & so "each to their own".. Perhaps you could have just read in between the lines a bit within my post and mentioned that I was in the wrong forum instead of laying down YOUR BS. Know the facts first..anyways I wish you and all other organic growers the best.

I like to keep it very simple..clones & veg all get the same..17-15-17 & 1drop per gallon super thrive..buds get.12-34-12..no super thrive..all full strength food is mixed at 3/4 strength!..it's a pretty friendly chem food..I never flush my veg before turning them..I just start to give them bud food about a week before the 12/12..then I only feed them food for the first 3 weeks while they stretch and build foundation..that's right..my very potent buds only receive 4wks of total bud food.. 1 week of pre-bud food then only for the first 3 weeks of bud..after that it's just plain old tap water that I ph .. :)

No disrespect - this is what I'm calling BS in organic anything ^^^^

Sure, using Promix with nothing but chem ferts to feed the PLANT instead of the soil will work but it is not organic.

Reason we add all those extras is to start a living soil so we can grow organically by feeding the soil not the plant.

What in the world is "bud food"?

No disrespect - this is what I'm calling BS in organic anything ^^^^

Sure, using Promix with nothing but chem ferts to feed the PLANT instead of the soil will work but it is not organic.

Reason we add all those extras is to start a living soil so we can grow organically by feeding the soil not the plant.

What in the world is "bud food"?

No disrespect taken - This is what I'm calling somebody that must be living on another planet ^^^

Read.. I agree..I'm not challenging your method.. whatever works for you..I never said that I grew organically.. in fact I stated the opposite and apologized for being on the wrong forum. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth.

We all have our reasons for all those extras... whatever or whom ever we're feeding. I don't vap soil..

"bud food"?? You don't know that one? I'll presume that you then understand "veg food" and then be able to figure out 'bud food"... good luck in your world....:ciao:

Back
Top Bottom