First time grower - Purple 'pods' or 'flowers' after 23 days?

Garthog

Greetings...

First time grower here, and doing it in the great outdoors. I germ'd some Freebies from amsterdammarijuanaseedsdotcom, and am trying to figure out what the heck is going on. After 23 days, i have these purple things on the top of the plants. Plants are about 5-6" tall. Below are 2 pics.

Here are the pics - sorry.

DSC_02849.JPG
DSC_028310.JPG
DSC_02827.JPG
DSC_02818.JPG

Male plant 100%.

Purple coloration could be due to the strain, or cold overnight temps?

Thanks for the response - I re-posted in the appropriate spot - 'Outdoor growers'. I have 4 more that might be the same, is it normal to show sex that early? 23 days from Germ?

If it's an autoflower, absolutely possible.

If it's a photo period plant, it would need to receive roughly 12 hours of light +/- to trigger flowering, which will depend on where you live in the world.

Judging from the growth on the plant, it might not be receiving as much light as it would like, since branch growth at the nodes is very minimal.

East Coast here, and outside, there is no more light to be had. We've had full sunny days for a few weeks - and I've got them in a path where they have full sun from sunrise to sunset. As they were of undetermined origin, they could be damn near anything, auto or photo. I think I'll just stick to the known quantities (WWE-F's) that I have, and lose these others. I just thought I'd give them a go, as they were free.

Thanks!!!

East Coast has long hours now, so that makes me think you have a male autoflower, unless the plant is still just a photo strain and really likes showing off its sex early? I guess it's possible, but for the number of pollen sacs I see, it really makes me think it's a male autoflower, which from what I've heard are difficult, but not impossible to come by.

Back
Top Bottom