Can you use trimmings as a nutrient source?

Can/Should one use trimmings as a nutrient source. It seems to me that trimmings should contain everything a plant needs to grow. Perhaps a tea of some sort... perhaps some sort of composting.... not sure how to implement it, but it would seem to be logical.
Of course, logic seems to be of little help sometimes, so I'll post the query here and see if there's any experience out there in the ether.

Id say yes. Im growing in Doc Bud High Brix kit. A lot of those growers will add leaf material and even the root ball to the soil that is waiting to get used. Ive added my leaf after a prune and its usually gone in 7-10 days.

Yes good idea, sustainable too :thumb:

Thanks all !
I think I'm going to try drying, grinding, then creating a tea mix out of the leftovers. I've put them in soil before and seen how quickly they break down. Not sure how it's going to play out in a hempy bucket tho... putting ground leaf matter in my hempy buckets could cause unsuspected issues.
I think I might give those tires a kick and see how it plays out.

I do it all the time with fan leaves that fall off.

For TRIM - I.E. sugar leaves we use them in canna tea for human consumption (some use it to make bubble hash).

You can use any part of the plant for top mulch, not really necessary to make a tea with it. I'd use malted barley and/or Aloe tea instead of canna parts, you will get more benefit and it will NOT be subtle.

Your spoiling your worms again Rado, sheesh. You going to dunk them in a bucket and give them a bath too?? :laughtwo:

it's all good, I'm hoarding my trimmings for .... ummmm...... oh wait the worm bin! My worm bin is in over drive now. My compost pile shrinks down 6"-10" over night, no kidding. We are weeding outdoor gardens so we have plenty of food for the little fellas.

I know some organic growers blend up fresh flowers in ph'd water not cannabis and water with that.

Sent from my Z959 using 420

Back
Top Bottom