Fluoride & Beneficial Bacteria

grumpalicious

Will the beneficial bacteria grow in fluoridated tap water once the chlorine evaporates? I'd like to know. I don't want to use an RO system because of the massive amount of waste water. So if it comes down to it I'll just use synthetics, but if I can evaporate the chlorine, and if the fluoride doesn't damage the bacteria then I can go for organic grows with beneficial bacteria.

I'm pretty sure you can remove the flouride and chloramines with a carbon filter. You wouldn't need an RO filter.

I'm pretty sure you can remove the flouride and chloramines with a carbon filter. You wouldn't need an RO filter.

Damn I hope your right. I am going to check around. I am going to be so happy if this turns out to be the case. I'll be back in this thread when I find the answer.

Boo. It turns out the carbon filters remove the chlorine, but not the fluoride. I think some kind of bone char filter removes 1/5th of the fluoride.

No matter what type of fluoride (there are several) is added to your town water, it has broken down completely long before it arrived at your tap, all that is left is the fluoride ions which are highly beneficial to your teeth, and completely harmless to living things.

Back
Top Bottom