Will this organic soil mix work?

VapeHead916

Soo I'm a first time grower and it's going to be an outdoor organic grow.. Would like some help in what I need to add to this mix.. I'll be using these in a simple mix.

EcoScraps Organic Potting mix Soil.
Ingredients are - 50% pine bark, coir, perlite, compost made from fruit and vegetable.

Espoma plant tone.
Ingredients are - 5.0% nitrogen, 3.0% calcium, hydrolyzed feather meal, bone meal, Pasteurized poultry manure, alfalfa meal, green sand, humates, sulfate of potash and sulfate of potash magnesia.

Espoma flower tone.
Ingredients are - 3.0% nitrogen, 5.0%calcium, hydrolyzed feather meal, bone meal, Pasteurized poultry manure, alfalfa meal, green sand, humates, sulfate of potash and sulfate of potash magnesia.

I am mixing 1cup each of the espoma flower/plant tone in a 10gallon pot mix.. Also would like to hear what other thing I should add into this mix or will this mix be good from start to finish.

U can also plant mustard seeds in while composting. Let em grow then turn them into soil free nitrogen.Be sure bark is well composted can draw nitrogen out of soil. The trick is ur soil is alive so keep adding organic matter( was once alive ) worm farm s are terrific u get castings and worm wee (dilute with water first )worm wee is an awesome fert diluted.Worms dont like anything acidic eg oranges onions etc.Hope this helps u bit and good luck wiv ya grow

Ok, it's too hot mix in my opinion, and potassium sulfate is usually non-organic (synthetic) unless it's been sourced from Leonite or another rare naturally occuring mineral.

After burning some seedlings by putting them in soil that was too hot, I now put seedlings and young clones into the next-bigger pot size with 50/50 worm castings and vermiculite. After two or three weeks, they're better able to handle hotter soil. Alternatively, you can make an "interim" mix using two parts of your mix plus one part each worm castings and aeration. Worm castings are expensive, but they are the holy grail of soil amendments.

Back
Top Bottom