Newbie grower medium?

4bblformby

Im changing grow medium. Im using 50% peat,35% perilite,and 15%vermiculite. I have humas compost on hand and potting mix with worm castings. Also have manure compost and sand. Is the first mix enough by itself or can i add some of these other ingredients to make it better?

was that a stupid question ? Im new to growing but this is all very confusing and i have all these different additives and i dont exactly know how to mix them. everyone has a different formula. i have 1 bag of humas compost i can mix in . i also have 3 bags chicken/ cow manure compost i can add in. i have 2 bags of "JUST NATURAL"prof. potting soil with worm castings i can add. Or if i need to just buy liquid nutes or anything else please tell me. I need to get this mixed up so i can start my next cycle of plants. I have a 1000 wt yield lab metal h. light and a 1000 wt hps also. Can anyone tell me if i need to add any of these bags of additives to my base mixture of 50% peat/coir, 35% perelite, and 15% vermiculite?

What up 4bb? I think you need to ask the question differently. We don't know how big your bags are. 3 big bags of chicken/cow manure might be to hot. We don't really know the ratio. If I was going to mix up my own dirt, I would search this forum for some great ideas. Might save you from making a mistake. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom