Strain recommendations for greenhouse in the southwest US

iwltfum

Hi 420! It's been a while. I'm making plans for the upcoming season and was wondering if anyone here had any strain recomendations for a couple plants that I'm planning on growing in a greenhouse in the southwestern us. The season is relatively short (1st frost is mid to late september), but it can get hot (~110-115F) mid-season so it needs to be a quick bloomer that can withstand some heat. Preference will always go to non-femenized and more heirloom strains, but I'm not opposed to having all my options open so I'm not limiting it to that. Thanks!

Hi 420! It's been a while. I'm making plans for the upcoming season and was wondering if anyone here had any strain recomendations for a couple plants that I'm planning on growing in a greenhouse in the southwestern us. The season is relatively short (1st frost is mid to late september), but it can get hot (~110-115F) mid-season so it needs to be a quick bloomer that can withstand some heat. Preference will always go to non-femenized and more heirloom strains, but I'm not opposed to having all my options open so I'm not limiting it to that. Thanks!

I couldn't agree with you more. I have assembled quite the collection of heirlooms. I also steer clear of fem's/autos. Call me old school, but I think it's more like "original" lol.. I have a few good suggestions for you. If you have the connects to make em happen.

1. Bruce Banner #3 - I currently have a grow journal on here with BB#3.
2. Ghost OG
3. Panama Red
4. Strawberry Cough
5. Chem 91
6. Emperor Cookie Dough
7. Northern Lights # 5
8. Original White Widow
9. Blue Cookies
10. Durban Poison

I have some most of these heirlooms (6) and im still trying to hunt down the others. But I'm a "Original old school grower" myself. Defiantly stoked to see what you come up with and make happen. Will be watching out for the updates.. As for the type of season you have. I suggest Original White Widow, Blue cookies, Ghost OG, & Northern Lights #5. The best option is Original White Widow because it can withstand colder climates, produces large yields in short periods of time, with very lil maintenance... Hope this gives you some ideas.:Namaste:

2 words, Bubble Gum... powerful fast growers with amazing looking leaves. here's a snapshot of a 3 week old vegetative bubblegum from soothing seeds clones in San Diego California.
420-magazine-mobile60508838.jpg
420-magazine-mobile466118547.jpg
here's a picture of a bubble gum clone that I've been experimenting with manifolding even though the nodes are not symmetrical (clone nodules)
420-magazine-mobile806325203.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you both for the recomendations.

Lipidz: Those are some interesting strains you put out there. I'll have to look more into most of them. I ran stawb cough and bb indoors for many years. Loved them both.

Dctikitiki: I actually ran bubble gum in this house last year and it was AWSOME. It finnished like a month earlier than everything else and - despite the fact that it was my shortest plant by far, standing at only around 4.5ft at harvest time - it was one of my best producers. And super easy to manage because it was so small.

Unfortunatley, I had more pressing monetary needs around the farm this spring so I'll have to use seeds from my prexisting collection. Bunch of m69 and then some of my old freebies from my last couple of seed orders.

Wishing you both the best.
tFum

Back
Top Bottom