Soil help - List of items need narrowing/education

HazePhase

Hello,

I am new and I know that I need to start: Perlite + Soil + Compost, i think [​IMG]
Then later when seedlings are ready to into final home for Veg and Flower I would add nutrients such as Bat Guano or Blood Meal or Kelp etc...

I not sure what to buy but my friend is able to pick up items for me tomorrow at a location 5 hours away so I need to complete this list and I was hoping peeps could help me build an amazing organic soil [​IMG]

THANKS

Local Items:
Peat Moss
Worm Castings
Soil
Perlite
Dolomite Lime

Other items from:
Organic Fertilizers in Toronto Canada Bat Guano, Worm Castings, Kelp Meal, Dolomite Lime, Fish Bonemeal, Alfalfa Meal, Myco products, Rock Phosphate, Glacial Rock Dust

Growing Medium
Perlite
Worm Castings
Peat Moss

Dry Organic Fertilizers
7-7-2 Bio Fish
5-4-2 Bio Live
2-1-1 Alfalfa meal
2-0-1 Kelp Meal
12-0-0 Blood Meal
12-0-0 Feather Meal
4-3-0 Crab Meal
3-16-0 Fish Bone Meal
6-6-0 Shrimp Meal

Organic Pre-Mixed Formulas
All-Purpose Soil 4-6-2

Bat Guano

Beneficial Microbes
Glacier Rock
or this
Organic Rock Phosphate
or this
Azomite Powder

Thank you!

Hey there HP - go check out my journal - go all the way to the last page or 2 I have listed my soil recipe there. You have everything plus extras. I would leave out the Rock Phospate... not needed too strong for soil in containers. The Guano go very very light with that.

Check out which and how much of all the "meals" I have listed. There are fewer on purpose than what you have listed.

If you use all of them - your plants will burn.... too much of a good thing deal.

Start out with 3 main ingredients:

Equal parts of:

CSPM - peat moss from Canada!
Aeration - pear-lite is what I use
Compost/EWC/Vermi-compost or all 3 making up 1/3 of the mix.

Then add minerals and amendments.

You could do well with some Organic Neem Cake Meal and Karanga meal in a 2:1 ratio as per my journal.

These 2 are required in MY soil mix.

Azomite is OK... I use Glacial rock dust and basaltic rock dusts... You will be better off just using the Glacial rock dust instead. Although I use it in my outdoor gardens just not in my containers.

Azomite has a lot of aluminum silicate in it .. What happens with Azomite and the Aluminum Silicate is a thing called Cation Exchange which is extremely important to soil and plant health. The Aluminum Silicate has 3 + positive charges. They will in turn grab a hold of 3 negative anions (negatives attract positives) from the soil and lock them out of the soil equation/nutrients to the plant. Kinda over kill... there are other rock dusts that don't have as much Aluminum Silicate... There's books written about this subject.

Back
Top Bottom