Leaf Diagnosis Help?

dctikitiki

My strawberry pineapple plant has been in flower for two and a half weeks and I'm starting to notice Leafs getting Brown spots forming on the lower leaves. I have been watering every two to three days depending on the hydrometer reading and finger test as well as plant weight. I use micro bloom and grow every other watering with a root boost formula every so often. I'm growing the plants under a Mars Hydro 300 watt LED in a closet wrapped with panda film the temperature is about 85 and the RH is approximately 40 it does not get too cold at night and I have been battling spider mites since vegetative state with neem oil. Attached are pictures of the leaves I have pruned off for diagnosis and any help would be greatly appreciated any questions asked will be answered quickly.
420-magazine-mobile1536253014.jpg
420-magazine-mobile49151805.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1334584196.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1622465879.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1048086606.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Welcome to :420:

First, good job staying on top of mites. You might want to lower temps to 80 and increase RH a little. High temps and low humidity make plants a lot more vulnerable to attacks. Otherwise weekly neem spray should keep working through harvest.

If it's just the oldest bottom leaves that are affected then likely physical damage or water splashing.

Leaf burn from the Neem oil and lights on... and the little white dots are spider mites. I know this is a few weeks old so hopefully the Neem oil did it's thing and you are problem free. You will want to spray not just the plants but the soil and the area around all the plants.

Spider mites will quickly adapt to the same treatment over time so its best to use a double or even triple threat to rid yourself of them. I use Neem of course and also Monterrey Garden spray (1-2 tbs / gal) 2x a week for 3 weeks the cut back to 1tbs per week. I don't use insecticides.. not chemical ones.

Spider mites don't like water either so a nice IPM spray a few times a week a really drench the plants tops and btms of leaves is extremely beneficial for the fight. They will be back too, as soon as you let your guard down... bam... and they reproduce very very quickly and don't mind consuming entire grows if left to their own devices.

I alternate between the Mites n Mildew washout (neem product), mighty wash, and sm90. Spinosad (captain jacks deadbug brew) is a fantastic thing to keep around as well. In addition I use sns209 weekly as a systemic pest control.

Ya Captain Jacks, SNS 209 + 203, safer soap, all good options for the bugs. Diatomaceous Earth for the top of the soil, and maybe some sticky traps to catch any fliers.

Anytime you are seeing a problem with your leaves like that, its ok to either step back the nutrients or just give them straight water the next feed.

Back
Top Bottom