First Grow! Autoflower Outdoors UK Any Advice

FrankyNoob

This is a Snow Ryder Automatic from White Label Seeds, its being grown outdoors in UK, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Day 15 from sprout:
day_1513.jpg
Day_151.PNG

Thanks! :thumb:

This is a Snow Ryder Automatic from White Label Seeds, its being grown outdoors in UK, any advice is greatly appreciated!

Day 15 from sprout:
day_1513.jpg
Day_151.PNG

Thanks! :thumb:

Hi I'm also new to the 420 site and also an outdoor grower in the U.K. and the best advice I can give you is enjoy the experience, don't try and fix problems that ain't there, keep it simple and let the plants tell you what they need. Another majorly important factor is the uk climate, when you see the buds starting to form you must protect them from heavy rainfall, bud rot (botrytis) in our humid climate is devastating for cannabis, the best advice I have from my own experience over 15 years growing outside in the U.K. is keep her dry in flower, buy a pop up greenhouse or construct a cheap cover from canes and clear/transparent plastic poly tunnel type material to protect against rainfall during the flowering period. It's not so much the rain and water contact itself but the British climate that seems to allow budrot to thrive after a heavy drenching. If you do that you will harvest all your plant without any loss of bud to botrytis. Anyway as I mentioned keep it simple, one of the biggest killers of cannabis is often the overly keen novice grower, so don't add nutrients you don't need to, don't overwater and let the plant tell you what she needs and when she needs it. Also if using photoperiod seeds you should definitely look into light deprivation techniques, it gets great results for me personally in the uk and allows the plants to be force flowered during the hotter months of summer, sometimes our climate and latitude means some strains won't finish properly if left to flower naturally so they need to be forced with light deprivation to get better results, it works fantastically well for me anyway. Most importantly enjoy the experience, it really is a beautiful relationship between us and the plants we raise to maturity, if you give them the attention they need you won't be disappointed. If I can help in any way just give me a shout, I'm not an expert but I've got a lot of outdoor experience under the uk climate.

Hi I'm also new to the 420 site and also an outdoor grower in the U.K. and the best advice I can give you is enjoy the experience, don't try and fix problems that ain't there, keep it simple and let the plants tell you what they need. Another majorly important factor is the uk climate, when you see the buds starting to form you must protect them from heavy rainfall, bud rot (botrytis) in our humid climate is devastating for cannabis, the best advice I have from my own experience over 15 years growing outside in the U.K. is keep her dry in flower, buy a pop up greenhouse or construct a cheap cover from canes and clear/transparent plastic poly tunnel type material to protect against rainfall during the flowering period. It's not so much the rain and water contact itself but the British climate that seems to allow budrot to thrive after a heavy drenching. If you do that you will harvest all your plant without any loss of bud to botrytis. Anyway as I mentioned keep it simple, one of the biggest killers of cannabis is often the overly keen novice grower, so don't add nutrients you don't need to, don't overwater and let the plant tell you what she needs and when she needs it. Also if using photoperiod seeds you should definitely look into light deprivation techniques, it gets great results for me personally in the uk and allows the plants to be force flowered during the hotter months of summer, sometimes our climate and latitude means some strains won't finish properly if left to flower naturally so they need to be forced with light deprivation to get better results, it works fantastically well for me anyway. Most importantly enjoy the experience, it really is a beautiful relationship between us and the plants we raise to maturity, if you give them the attention they need you won't be disappointed. If I can help in any way just give me a shout, I'm not an expert but I've got a lot of outdoor experience under the uk climate.

Thanks for replying mate! Shes under a pane of glass right now so hopefully ill be able to hoist that up to protect her from the rain however it is quite heavy so ill try find some plastic if not. Its been amazing watching her grow so far, cant believe i've never tried it before xD! Thanks again for replying, ill be sure to post any questions your way.

More than welcome. As I mentioned I'm new to this app and community myself so you're actually the first person I spoke to on here lol. It's good to see there's plenty of UK outdoor growers around this place. The Payne of glass seems a good enough rain cover if supported properly but the rainfall thing isn't as important at this stage as she's still growing vegetatively, they love a good foliage feed in the earlier stages of growth so don't worry too much till you see bud forming. Also as she's an auto flower you need to have her in her final pot soon, give her as much room to grow a good root system as possible. I'd say a four or five gallon plant pot should be fine but with autos you definitely need to get her in her final flower pot as soon as possible. Also what soil/compost are you using mate? A good soil or compost can make a huge difference to final yield and flavour etc so definitely use a good compost and a big pot. I look forward to seeing your updates and I'll have my own grow journal up this weekend which is all based on outdoor UK growing, I got great results last summer and will be posting some stuff from last years grow also, hopefully they can give you a few pointers on growing here in the U.K.

P.S Your seedling looks good & healthy by the way, I shoulda mentioned that sooner lol. She will explode into growth before your eyes in no time

Just decided against putting my two sativas outside due to climate n it probably not yielding it's full potency etc in our weather.. ....but now I'm intrigued with the results you said you got kush god. When will your journals be up lol

As soon as I can figure out how to post to grow journals mate, it's currently saying "you don't have enough permissions to post here" which I found odd. I'm desperately trying to get one started and also document last years grow. One thing I can guarantee is you can finish your Sativas using light deprivation but you obviously have to start flower with this technique earlier than the natural cycle begins in mid July/August. If you can get your Sativas to a good size by mid to late June you can give them an extra month or so of flower than our normal growing season allows. I use an 8ft by 8ft lightproofed metal shed or blackout tarps over pop up greenhouses to induce flower early and my Sativa heavy strains always finish this way. If I can advise or help in any way until my journal goes live give me a shout, happy to help how I can. :()

Thanks mate. I'm not sure what my compost is though xD , so far the only money ive put into this grow is for the seeds, this is mainly because i'm trying to do this cheaply and discreetly. Anyway, i got the compost off a mate and the glass was an old piece i had lying around from a extension a couple of years ago lol.
Here's some updates!
Day 15:
Day_1913.jpg

This is my 'set up':
day_19_ppp.jpg

I also have a small plant on the go, she's at day 11. As for the pots, at the moment they are both in normal sized buckets (sorry i'm not really sure of the size) that have been half buried in soil. I'm hoping to keep them small so hopefully these smaller pots will help with that, though i do have another seed which i could try planting into soil or i could transplant the smaller one into soil? The next few weeks are looking to be quite nice so the should be some nice growth going on! Thanks again

More than welcome. As I mentioned I'm new to this app and community myself so you're actually the first person I spoke to on here lol. It's good to see there's plenty of UK outdoor growers around this place. The Payne of glass seems a good enough rain cover if supported properly but the rainfall thing isn't as important at this stage as she's still growing vegetatively, they love a good foliage feed in the earlier stages of growth so don't worry too much till you see bud forming. Also as she's an auto flower you need to have her in her final pot soon, give her as much room to grow a good root system as possible. I'd say a four or five gallon plant pot should be fine but with autos you definitely need to get her in her final flower pot as soon as possible. Also what soil/compost are you using mate? A good soil or compost can make a huge difference to final yield and flavour etc so definitely use a good compost and a big pot. I look forward to seeing your updates and I'll have my own grow journal up this weekend which is all based on outdoor UK growing, I got great results last summer and will be posting some stuff from last years grow also, hopefully they can give you a few pointers on growing here in the U.K.

Thanks mate. I'm not sure what my compost is though xD , so far the only money ive put into this grow is for the seeds, this is mainly because i'm trying to do this cheaply and discreetly. Anyway, i got the compost off a mate and the glass was an old piece i had lying around from a extension a couple of years ago lol.
Here's some updates!
Day 15:
Day_1913.jpg

This is my 'set up':
day_19_ppp.jpg

I also have a small plant on the go, she's at day 11. As for the pots, at the moment they are both in normal sized buckets (sorry i'm not really sure of the size) that have been half buried in soil. I'm hoping to keep them small so hopefully these smaller pots will help with that, though i do have another seed which i could try planting into soil or i could transplant the smaller one into soil? The next few weeks are looking to be quite nice so the should be some nice growth going on! Thanks again

Here's some updates!
Day 15:
Day_1913.jpg

This is my 'set up':
day_19_ppp.jpg

That's gonna do the job just fine for now mate. As I mentioned the rain protection is not as vital throughout veg it's when those buds start to form. A nice breeze from the wind will help them build stem strength and some resistance as well so when it's nice enough to have them out in the sun and light wind definitely do it, strong stems support good bud growth and the wind will build that naturally. I also noticed we seem to have relatively decent weather forecast so yeah we should both get some good growth. The month of June when I plant into 5 gallon plus pots is where I get the fastest growth tbh. The days keep getting longer and cannabis loves that in veg stage. Keep up the good work my friend

Here's some updates!
Day 15:
Day_1913.jpg

This is my 'set up':
day_19_ppp.jpg

They look nice and healthy at this stage mate, no visible issues at all, keep doing what you're doing.

That's gonna do the job just fine for now mate. As I mentioned the rain protection is not as vital throughout veg it's when those buds start to form. A nice breeze from the wind will help them build stem strength and some resistance as well so when it's nice enough to have them out in the sun and light wind definitely do it, strong stems support good bud growth and the wind will build that naturally. I also noticed we seem to have relatively decent weather forecast so yeah we should both get some good growth. The month of June when I plant into 5 gallon plus pots is where I get the fastest growth tbh. The days keep getting longer and cannabis loves that in veg stage. Keep up the good work my friend

Thanks KushGod! I hope the weather stays good and i cant wait to see your journal when its up!

Thanks KushGod! I hope the weather stays good and i cant wait to see your journal when its up!

The first part is up mate. It's only from one plot though I need to upload a journal from my second plot. I'll try and find a link to it for you but it's under 'journals in progress' and it's named 'KushGods Outdoor UK Master Kush & Sensi Skunk Grow Journal' if you wanna look on the main feed for it. I posted it at this time yesterday, the first instalment anyway mate

The first part is up mate. It's only from one plot though I need to upload a journal from my second plot. I'll try and find a link to it for you but it's under 'journals in progress' and it's named 'KushGods Outdoor UK Master Kush & Sensi Skunk Grow Journal' if you wanna look on the main feed for it. I posted it at this time yesterday, the first instalment anyway mate

Ah yea mate i've found it looks amazing!
KushGod's Outdoor UK Master Kush & Sensi Skunk Soil & Compost Grow Journal

And a few more in flower last year.

420-magazine-mobile122456611.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1183185106.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1600050397.jpg

420-magazine-mobile440458099.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1669510833.jpg

These were all at various stages of light deprivation around mid/late June last year right here in the uk.

:thanks: Thanks KushGod those look absolutely amazing! Its a blessing to know that these beautiful plants can be grown in our shitty uk climate, I cant wait till mine grow up, this summers going to be exciting xD.

:thanks: Thanks KushGod those look absolutely amazing! Its a blessing to know that these beautiful plants can be grown in our shitty uk climate, I cant wait till mine grow up, this summers going to be exciting xD.

I've got many more pics saved to the cloud from outdoor grows spanning across the last 5/6 years. I intend to post some 'completed grow journals' with lots of photographs. I'm also going to post pictures to the current grow journals later showing the blackout shed, the greenhouse and the area I use to grow. I'll also be showing the compost I use and the nutrients I'll be using once they've used up the added compost base nutrients. You can grow beautiful cannabis organically but if you want to boost your yield a bit, which is necessary in our climate, then Nutrients & PK boosters will help this, I also use blackstrap molasses to boost trichome production and Epsom salts occasionally for the plants overall health. I'll have those up this week mate

Hey Kushgod, you talk about light deprivation and I get why it's needed but how do I go about that when the plants are ready to flower. Is it complete 24hour darkness or do they still need some light? I've searched for a couple threads on here about if but there ain't too much. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom