Comfrey tea?

moose71

hey folks! been organic gardening for 20+ years using comfrey almost exclusively for ferts. but never tried a organic grow for weed with it. anyone use comfrey for their grow? if so at what ratios? this stuff grows some huge tomatoes so should grow great weed! i have 12 plants in my yard to make tea from so it will save me $ on nutes in my greenhouse grow if it works well. it has a npk of 4-1.5-8.5 with a lot of micros. should be well balanced in my pro mix.

Comfrey, Borage and Nettles make great tea. Crush into a bucket, cover with water and leave for two or three weeks. When it starts to stink, it's ready.

Mix at about one part tea to 10 parts water.

Wonderful stuff.

If you can find Horsetail Ferns, make a separate tea with them too. Full of silica for big stems and strong plants which can fight off disease.

:Namaste:

thanks Ted! have you grown cannabis just with this tea? don't have nettles or borage around here but we may have the horsetail ferns as we have lots of fern types around!

No access to commercial nutrients round here. So I only use my teas and good soil - once they're past the seedling stage of course (domestic compost plus local forest humus plus perlite plus peat plus worm castings and/or chicken manure).

Oh, and home-made kelp foliar spray once a week during veg. :thumb:

Happy plants.

DSC_067691.JPG

Hey guys, seems like the post to bring this up in. Any ideas / suggestions / recommendations on diluted worm juice for flowering stage?

No access to commercial nutrients round here. So I only use my teas and good soil - once they're past the seedling stage of course (domestic compost plus local forest humus plus perlite plus peat plus worm castings and/or chicken manure).

Oh, and home-made kelp foliar spray once a week during veg. :thumb:

Happy plants.
looking good man! that mediterranean climate I'm sure helps too! having a hard time getting to 70f here this spring. seedlings are struggling to get going. wet and cloudy.

DSC_067691.JPG
looking good man! the mediterranean climate I'm sure helps! having a hard time getting to 70f this spring. wet and cloudy all the time. my seedlings are having a hard time getting going even in the greenhouse.

ok . I've been feeding comfrey juice, fish emulsion and a little liquid kelp so far . every other watering i give a few tsp. molasses. they're growing good and the autos have started flowering but aren't bulking up. what should i increase or add to get better bud size?

Try some wood ash from a hardwood burn. Try getting just the white ash, rake it into the top layer of soil or dilute in water - *watch PH levels*
Bat guano is pretty good for flowers too if you can find any bat poop..

For flowering I usually do a EWC (worm castings 1cup ), kelp meal (1cup) tea 3-5gal filtered water... grind up 1oz of malted barley and add to the tea and stir in right before watering in ..... you should see results next day.... don't do this tea every other watering, 1x a week is a lot. Plants in flower need plenty of water so be sure your watering then enough.

just added handful each of bat guano, worm castings and wood ash to each plant as well as liquid comfrey fish emulsion and liquid kelp. growing like crazy! fimed and lsted the crap out of them! 5ft. tall and almost as wide! hope i don't run out of room! got some barley pond clarifier coming. going to add a little of that to get the enzyme thing going. these girls are going to be monsters! starting to get more sun and heat now so they're really putting out leaf! incredible bulk has 12in leaves! thanks for the tips all!

Try some wood ash from a hardwood burn. Try getting just the white ash, rake it into the top layer of soil or dilute in water - *watch PH levels*
Bat guano is pretty good for flowers too if you can find any bat poop..

how much ash do you add per pot? got my autos in 5 gal, photos in 17gal. i added a small handful so far. also added a handful of bat guano.

just added handful each of bat guano, worm castings and wood ash to each plant as well as liquid comfrey fish emulsion and liquid kelp. growing like crazy! fimed and lsted the crap out of them! 5ft. tall and almost as wide! hope i don't run out of room! got some barley pond clarifier coming. going to add a little of that to get the enzyme thing going. these girls are going to be monsters! starting to get more sun and heat now so they're really putting out leaf! incredible bulk has 12in leaves! thanks for the tips all!

Gotta watch how much N your adding in... comfrey is high N. You will end up with lots of leaves and small flowers if you over do it.

For micro-organisms I use Mykes .... its cheap and its the best.

What I do with the Comfrey is make compost with it. The when the compost bin is finished I screen it and use it in my soil mix as part of the humus portion. I'm not a fan of the comfrey tea cause of the smell. At lest not indoors.... outdoors I make it and use it... smells like cow poop will take a few days to wear it off your hands if you get any on you. Not your average cup of tea, eh?

For enzymes I use malted barley ground to a fine powder 1oz ground to a gal or 2 of water... water in weekly. You will see a huge difference right away.

these are photos still in veg. the comfrey liquid i use is fermented without water so it barely smells. i cut back big time on N with my budding autos. only used the bat guano without N and wood ash on them

Back
Top Bottom