Good tea recipes?

moose71

hey you organic growers! got 9 ladies in 17 gal airpots growing in my greenhouse. they're in pro mix amended w/ compost, kelp powder, azomite and mycos. they're doing great so far. what is a good tea recipe to use on them when they need more ferts.? i usually use comfrey tea in my garden but would get pretty stinky in a greenhouse. i went light on the compost as i started them from seed in their final pots so i know ill need ferts pretty soon. what you veteran growers using? thanks!

I use mostly stinging nettle and horsetail tea for veg.

I do a mix of Budswel, kelp meal, molasses, fulvics, aloe, and silica. Honestly now I mostly just top dress and water in the aloe, fulvic, and silica and have yet to see any real difference between the two.

For me I do EWC + water and aerate over night and water in.... foiler horsetail fern tea, kelp tea, coconut water with aloe (no sugar no preservatives), Pro-tekt, and Fulpower... with my IPM weekly.

Horsetail tea mainly in VEG but everyone gets it when I'm in a foiler kinda mood!

- 1/4 cup vermicompost (worm castings)
- 1/4 cup fungal-dominated compost
- 1/4 cup garden soil
- 1/4 cup forest soil
- 1.5 ounce of soluble unsulphured black-strap molasses
- 2 ounce of soluble kelp
- 1.5 ounce humic acids
- 1.5 ounce fish emulsion
- 3 tablespoons rock dust
I fed my girls @ day 4 and will again around day 21

I'm subbing in on this. On my first go around making teas n curious to see what other people doing and recommend .

1/4 cup vermicompost (worm castings)
- 1/4 cup garden soil
- 1/4 cup forest soil
- 1.5 ounce humic acids
I fed my girls @ day 4 and will again around day 21 My plants seemed to love it next batch will have a banana peel tea added to the mix

- 1/4 cup garden soil
- 1/4 cup forest soil
- 1.5 ounce humic acids
I fed my girls @ day 4 and will again around day 21 My plants seemed to love it next batch will have a banana peel tea added to the mix

Per 5 gallon water?

I'm only brewing 1 gallon at a time til I get it dialed in but I'm using

2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon EWC
1 tablespoon fish hydro slate
1/2 tablespoon fish bone meal
1/2 tablespoon kelp meal

After stretch I'll be switching to a mushroom compost tea

That's a good one... try no fish bone meal instead sub more kelp meal and you can go to 1/4 cup of EWC don't have to strain it either stir and pour.

The fish bone meal has a lot of P in it. High P has a negative effect on the number of micro-organisms in the soil and your tea. 1/2 tbs isn't much... but I'd add more Kelp Meal and EWC anyway... you cant hurt a plant with EWC and kelp meal..

This tea will be great for the entire grow cycle. Mushroom soil is high in N ... going to grow big green plants with lots of leaves (smaller flowers).

My tea recipe is 1 cup of ewc and 1/2 cup Kelp meal in 3-5 gal water. Thats it... there's going to be plenty of micro-organisms from the EWC so no need to add in molasses and the kelp meal has everything molasses has and more. Kelp meal has everything that a plant needs to grow and survive - macro and micro nutrients. The EWC is there for the micro-organisms.

We used to add in molasses to help kick up the micro herd but studies showed the numbers of micro-organisms are the same with or without... so no benefit other than the trace minerals - we get them from the Kelp. You can use molasses.. the only thing it can do detrimentally is if you let the tea go too long before watering +36 hrs, you can start growing anaerobic bacteria. Te tea will smell funny almost vinegar then puke.... That can kill plants. Food for thought.

- 1/4 cup garden soil
- 1/4 cup forest soil
- 1.5 ounce humic acids

Our tea is this same recipe except in flower try adding Alfalfa.. Great benefits ..

I thought fungal teas were used for flower allowing more PK to be used?

Not sure.... whats a fungal tea??

We use 2 types of EWC... some found in the woods (I wood think that one is more fungal) and home made vermicompost (bacterial dominant).

How would we make a "fungal tea"??

Back
Top Bottom